Season 9 Round 51 / 60
Game Time 2021 Dec 09, 03:54 UTC(+00:00)
Game Analysis and Tactical Feedback
SPD
2021-08-12 11:07
Hello. Just had my first loss in league play (Match Link - https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/6857). Wanted to get some community feedback about what I could or should have done differently. Any tips or suggestions to avoid a defeat like this. Thanks.
Fathima
2021-08-12 16:23 Edited by Fathima at 2021-08-12 16:25
From a quick look at the match, this is what I find.

Your attack was your strongest point, and his defense and Gk was his strength. A pair of lone CF/AM was mostly dealt with by his 3 CB+1 DM but you still has a slight edge in quality there and hence the goals you scored.
On the other hand, your defense and GK were very weak. It took him 15 shots to get 5 goals only because his attack was weak. A better team would have totally destroyed you.

I think the mistake you did was your decision to play posession. Do that only if you are sure to dominate the other team in terms of passing/positioning. From the possession stats it is clear that it was not the case in that match. Also possession fails against a good defense, I feel you could have won that game if you had taken a direct/mixed approach since you had the home advantage too.

And finally, never underestimate the importance of experience.
Stefan Cachia
2021-08-12 22:38
This thing of POSSESSION, is not quite clear,......by time all teams are getting strong in defense, so noone is using it. for exmple defenders average 45/50 in defense (marking), even if you have midfielders and attackers average 50/60
Stefan Cachia
2021-08-12 22:39
Posession: Your players will choose passes with minimum risks, and patiently build up an attack. Your players need good positioning and passing to play this effectively. Also even though the final passes will be of more quality, they will be less in number, so if your attackers are not good enough to convert their chances when they get them, it will mostly backfire.

Recommended against teams that defend with all they have, but are weaker than you in marking and pressing abilities.

Long ball: Your players will take a lot of risks in passing and try to get the final ball to your attackers as quick as possible. Lot of chances are likely to be created but will be of lower quality. Do not expect it to work against a good defensive team, your attempts at goal are likely to be weak and under pressure.

Recommended against attacking teams better than you but are not that great defensively.

Direct: The risk taken in passing is somewhere between Posession and Longball styles, better when you consider yourself equal to your opponent in quality or not really sure how he is going to play.

Mixed: A mix of all these styles. Players make decisions on their own based on match situations, so use it when you are unsure of how to play.

Finally, keep in mind that playing a particular style will not win you matches on their own. You need the players to complement your tactics, and in the end it is always the players' attributes in each situation that decides what happens in the game.
Stefan Cachia
2021-08-12 22:40
these were written by Tegimus
Fathima
2021-08-12 23:20
I said playing possession did not do him any good only because he did not have the players to execute it successfully. Possession can be used when you are much ahead in quality but the opponent parks the bus. I think that's what tegimus meant too.
SPD
2021-08-13 05:58
Would a 4-4-1-1 formation with mixed style been a better choice? We were about evenly rated, and I had a strong AMC and CF, so I thought an attacking option would have been a better fit with 6 defensive players being enough cover.
Fathima
2021-08-13 06:01
Attacking was perfectly fine, it was your home match. Problem was the playstyle, I am sure your team would do much better with mixed or direct.
Şövalyeler
2021-08-15 08:30 Edited by Şövalyeler at 2021-08-15 08:53
Fathima, can i get feedback about my match https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/25405

Now my team is serial loser. Last season finished 2. but now we may relegate from league.
Fathima
2021-08-15 10:55
SPD wrote :
Would a 4-4-1-1 formation with mixed style been a better choice? We were about evenly rated, and I had a strong AMC and CF, so I thought an attacking option would have been a better fit with 6 defensive players being enough cover.

Yes I have experimented a bit in friendlies. Even against teams with similar midfield strengths posession seems to backfire. But if you are much better in passing, positioning and experience then playing possession seems to work better than other playstyles, Even against a tough defense.

So going direct or mixed is better when you are unsure
Fathima
2021-08-15 10:59 Edited by Fathima at 2021-08-15 11:01
Şövalyeler wrote :
Fathima, can i get feedback about my match https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/25405

Now my team is serial loser. Last season finished 2. but now we may relegate from league.

Typical example of why you should never look at ratings.
Your team seriously lack Positioning. Even speed and stamina.
Ademir Azzi Junior
2021-09-03 20:22
What is best or when to choose:

Easy or Hard Tackling?
Zonal or Man Marking?
lee1950
2021-09-04 01:58
The Tutorial offers this info on Team Instructions:

https://www.f4football.com/tutorial/tactics/team_instructions

I started 2 seasons ago and have had success with the default settings:
- Mentality: Normal
- Playstyle: Mixed
- Pressure: Own Half
- Tackling: Normal
- Marking: Zonal Marking

Easy or Hard Tackling? I worry about giving away Penalty kicks and getting red cards, so I don't use Hard. Normal seems to work, so I don't use Easy. Hard tackling also seems to cause injuries to your opponent, and it doesn't feel like fair play to me ... although a couple of teams beat me regularly, so I may have to reconsider for them! XD
With Normal tackling I've only had one player get 3 yellows during a season. Tegimus might be looking into this and change it later so be sure to read the News at the start of each season.

Zonal or Man marking? Only have used Zonal. I suspect you want to have players with better Marking, Speed and Positioning to be successful. My team is quite average in those skills, so I have avoided Man.

I'm sure one of the experienced managers will also respond to help you.
Good luck!!
Fathima
2021-09-04 04:00
I have seen hard tackling get you more cards, and injury risk increases for both you and your opponent. So use it only when it is absolutely needed, it gives you a defensive boost. Also have a look at the Aggression hidden attribute of our players, if they all have high then risk of red cards are high if you play Hard tackling.

As Lee said, man marking requires good positioning, speed and marking for the whole team. So use zonal marking if you are unsure.
Mikkel Hansen
2021-10-28 07:24
I have been trying to analyze a bit on my latest Super Cup game: https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/45430
I acknowledge my defeat and the fact that my opponent's attacker had a great game.
The thing I don't understand, is that on first glance I thought my keeper had a bad day with his rating, but it seems like he had no chance in stopping the goals. So why his low rating (36)? Because he had no saves maybe?
Another thing is that my DMC (Dawoud) made a mistake that lead to a goal for the opponent. Still his rating is quite high (64). Does this mistake not affect his rating?
Tegimus
2021-10-28 08:02
Mikkel Hansen wrote :
I have been trying to analyze a bit on my latest Super Cup game: https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/45430
I acknowledge my defeat and the fact that my opponent's attacker had a great game.
The thing I don't understand, is that on first glance I thought my keeper had a bad day with his rating, but it seems like he had no chance in stopping the goals. So why his low rating (36)? Because he had no saves maybe?
Another thing is that my DMC (Dawoud) made a mistake that lead to a goal for the opponent. Still his rating is quite high (64). Does this mistake not affect his rating?

That's a match which you should have won easily, but one mistake and two individual brilliances went the other way. Your WB starting at 90 fitness also didn't help. Both teams defensive, you being more defensive due to the formation and the player choices, still you dominated the match and was purely unlucky to have lost it.

To answer your questions:
Your keeper conceded 3 and that's what reflects in the rating. Apart from that he didn't have much involvement in the game. The chances for the opponent were too good and their forward was not someone who would miss too many good chances.
Your DMC made the mistake but also played well throughout the match. So his net contribution to the match was good enough to have a good rating.

Having said that, I agree that there are a few issues to be addressed in the match engine (which we already did). There is no point in discussing those or how to overcome those now, since the update to the match engine will be released next season. We hope that it solves all these seemingly "unlucky" results, and does much better and realistic simulations.
Mikkel Hansen
2021-10-28 08:13
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense :)
lee1950
2021-10-29 07:23
I am as surprised as you are, Mikkel. Hard to understand both matches, as you dominated them. My CF only managed to get 4 shots on target in 180 minutes, and scored on all of them.

I have no idea what any of the 'hidden attributes' are, but I think Nasser may have one of them that makes him extra dangerous as a scorer. He's also very good at stealing balls in the box even though his tackling skill is terrible (14). He is deadly, and won the English 1.1 scoring title 2 seasons ago on a very average team.

Good luck in Germany 1.1 - the top 4 there are very close!!
Mikkel Hansen
2021-10-29 07:49
I will be having nightmares of his efficiency and the lack of my own. A shame he's retiring.
Thanks, Lee! Good luck to you too. I hope Nasser and your team will go all the way and win the Super Cup!
TummyZ
2021-10-29 18:07
i will like to ask what went wrong in this match? https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/15292#tab_match_lineups
i have a keeper who has good stats while there other team gk isn't the greatest was it because he had more exp to save the shots or my striker didn't know how to finish?