Season 9 Round 51 / 60
Game Time 2021 Dec 09, 03:53 UTC(+00:00)
Is XP overvalued in ME ?
Makmak
2021-11-15 00:16 Edited by Makmak at 2021-11-15 00:27
This is a great game

However the XP importance seems a little bit exaggerated.
I don't know the exact weight between Fitness - Morale - XP had read they are approximately equal.
In my humble opinion XP should be weighted much less than the other 2
Probably something like 40-40-20 or 43-43-14

It seems that every manager has to switch from tactics to focus on XP collection.
Most probably XP should be nurfed somewhat.
All problems in loan system are derived from XP importance and will diminish via duarfing XP importance.

A player with Rating 60 and XP 30 can't be equivalent with a player Rating 30 and XP 60

Teams buy old teamless players because they are of direct use because of high XP and they also help rest of the team gain XP

Since there is no way to get XP without playing it costs in defeats to give XP to young players

If XP had less overall impact this trend of buying old teamless players would be nurfed.
It should also be far easier to get XP up to a medium level.

It seems that lots of managers discuss this issue in chat so probably Tegimus might consider tweaking XP importance.
Vasilis
2021-11-15 13:33
i agree ,xp should be nurfed as soon as possible
wintersb
2021-11-16 13:17
Yes, I think that the importance of experience here is huge.
Very bad, hope will be evaluated.
Fathima
2021-11-16 14:14 Edited by Fathima at 2021-11-16 14:20
Why is everyone asking to nerf xp when gaining it is not that tough?
If you play even only the 30 friendlies, you can easily get 6 to 10 xp per season for your youth. That means you can get to a very decent xp for your young players in just a few seasons. I have trained 3 players who are now 45 xp at only 25 years of age. They will be easily around 60 in a couple more seasons. This was at the time when the friendlies were limited to just 20. And 2 other players are 30+ xp already at 21/22 age. Now you also have the option to send players out on loan where they can gain even without playing, which means 2 additional players can be developed along with the ones you are training.

When the youth academies start producing a lot more 16 year olds, we are going to see a lot of absolute beast players out there. And all those 3 star or 4 star learning players can only make up for their slow training with xp gains. That's another nice dimension to player development in the game.

I really don't see a problem here. Or does everyone want a player be able to play in the first team just a couple of seasons after they are out from the academy?
Andre
2021-11-16 15:30
My youth plays all friendlys last season and had on 2 xp
Andre
2021-11-16 15:31
My player aquino
EiPiX
2021-11-16 17:30
Believe everything with XP itself is fine.

However what I think would be interesting is a steeper decline in attributes for older players, believe that would lead to more difficult choices and slightly more balance.
Agrochão
2021-11-16 17:50 Edited by Agrochão at 2021-11-16 17:51
Fathima wrote :
If you play even only the 30 friendlies, you can easily get 6 to 10 xp per season for your youth. That means you can get to a very decent xp for your young players in just a few seasons. I have trained 3 players who are now 45 xp at only 25 years of age. They will be easily around 60 in a couple more seasons. This was at the time when the friendlies were limited to just 20. And 2 other players are 30+ xp already at 21/22 age. Now you also have the option to send players out on loan where they can gain even without playing, which means 2 additional players can be developed along with the ones you are training.

When the youth academies start producing a lot more 16 year olds, we are going to see a lot of absolute beast players out there. And all those 3 star or 4 star learning players can only make up for their slow training with xp gains. That's another nice dimension to player development in the game.

I really don't see a problem here. Or does everyone want a player be able to play in the first team just a couple of seasons after they are out from the academy?

Tell us then, how does a player gains XP, beside by playing a game? Because my players do not gain 6-10 XP pers eason, no even the ones who played every single match of the championship, cups, and even some friendlies.

I had players that played 30 friendlies and gained... 2!!! XP!!! Telling people that if they play 30 friendlies they gain 6-10 XP is lying to the new players.
Andre
2021-11-16 18:07
Same for me last season my New youth player only 2 xp when play all friendlys
元気
2021-11-16 18:40
With all due respect, I think you guys might be missing something.

From my knowledge of the game, the best way to maximize XP gains for younger players is to have them play alongside very experienced players. For example, in my team, my defense of roughly 25-35 XP is playing alongside a defender with an XP of 68. Doing so has allowed them to gain about 10 XP over two seasons. Fathima is right, they will reach 60 XP in the future (though getting there will take progressively longer time).

Agrochão, your team overall is very inexperienced. If you'd like them to earn more XP in a season, I'd suggest transferring in some players in each area that are very experienced (I'd say between 60 and 70 experience). I wonder if Andre's problem is similar, although his team does have more experienced players.

EiPiX, I definitely agree. I can keep my older players "afloat" just by having them train their declining attribute every round. A steeper decline where I'd have to juggle his attributes would make it better.

I've been playing this game for 8 full seasons, and I've still yet to reach a "top" level, but I believe in about some 5 seasons or so, I'll definitely be there. If I told you I didn't want to give up and I never feel frustrated about the game, I'd be lying to you hehe. But we want you guys to succeed because it increases the playing experience for everyone, so never be afraid to voice your concerns.

Let me know what you all think.
Andre
2021-11-16 18:49
More xp players play in first team and youngsters in friendlys
I can not put youngdters in first team
Andre
2021-11-16 18:53
Team that play friendlys i have only 1 player 50 xp
Not easyJet to buy players you can only get 4
Next season 3 players will stop so i have 1 other transfer
Makmak
2021-11-16 18:55 Edited by Makmak at 2021-11-16 18:59
Fathima wrote :

Here are some of the reasons why everyone asks to nurf XP:

a) It unrealistically twists tactics from best team building to XP building
b) Makes cheap old worn out players more valuable than prime players
c) incentivises unfair methods (make a second team to loan players)
d) Incentivises losing games to collect XP
e) Having XP players bring more XP
f) There is no way to make a nice player and especially a GK playable unless you find a team to 'help' you through loan or lose lots of games through using the player
g) Friendlies give up to 3 points XP per season so managers should go for use and lose
h) Confuses new managers and distorts market
i) There is no way to get XP without playing matches

All the above are intensified by the fact that old players don't deteriorate adequately fast
If players train too fast, there should be other ways to control it than using and losing.
Worst case scenario it would simply rise teams level for everyone.

btw I haven't read a single argument on the negative consequnces of nurfing XP.

What would be the problems if relation between Fitness - Morale - XP would become 40-40-20 or 43-43-14 ?
I see only pros and no cons
If there are cons please enlighten me.
元気
2021-11-16 19:07 Edited by 元気 at 2021-11-16 19:09
Andre wrote :
More xp players play in first team and youngsters in friendlys
I can not put youngdters in first team

Why not? Isn't that the whole point?

Also I want to respond to Makmak but I want Fathima to respond first.
Andre
2021-11-16 19:16
Youngsters are below 30 ratings
Andre
2021-11-16 19:18
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/94210
元気
2021-11-16 19:28 Edited by 元気 at 2021-11-16 19:32
Andre wrote :
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/94210

If you want him to gain experience, you'll have to play him. According to my calculations and statistics, he'll be about 50 rated when he's 23 or 24.

Here's one of my players:

https://www.f4football.com/players/show/52606

He's got about a year better than your player, and he's already turning out to be a decent player.
Andre
2021-11-16 19:55
i dont have good youth and training facility
Agrochão
2021-11-16 20:12 Edited by Agrochão at 2021-11-16 20:15
https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/20785

Always good to lose games like this one. Well, I dont care. I am quitting the game, I have no patience for a game that I dont understand.

Bye all
Andre
2021-11-16 20:19
XP is the reason you lost .