Season 9 Round 51 / 60
Game Time 2021 Dec 09, 05:05 UTC(+00:00)
Is XP overvalued in ME ?
Don-x
2021-11-20 13:42
Kasper Albrechtsen wrote :
The XP system does not reward patience in my opinion. That’s one of the things that is wrong.

And I might do something very wrong, but then the sytem is broken in my opinion.

My suggestions:
1. Players decline fast in skills after 30
2. League and cup games give 0.2 XP and and friendlines give 0.1 XP
3. Nerf XP in ME

Old Teamless players are too costly, it's even harder for new teams to afford them as a means of raising their squad XP.
Money is not flowing for us.
What's bad if you make XP gain straight forward by match appearence, instead of current system.
Top teams will always argue against what will eventually balance things up.
They already have high xp players in their squad, even when one of the player retire from the squad they don't need to buy.
You can check the TM and see how high a price they list their old high xp players.
Thats punishment to new manager's.
Kupus
2021-11-20 15:11
The game is broken due to the XP in ME.
Anyone arguing against that is only doing it for selfish reasons and not for the benefit of the game long term.
Vasilis
2021-11-20 20:23
I agree man
Floyd007
2021-11-20 21:20
so my long term training of players like https://www.f4football.com/players/show/49488 https://www.f4football.com/players/show/49490 https://www.f4football.com/players/show/49486 and https://www.f4football.com/players/show/55973 was a waste of time?
If you think the price is too high (and sometimes they are), don't buy. I manage to locate decent old players to add to the team on the cheap (https://www.f4football.com/players/show/55444 https://www.f4football.com/players/show/64798 https://www.f4football.com/players/show/66862)
a flat xp gain will only benefit us, as we will be better able to afford the higher level youth academies, which means 16 and 17 year olds for more xp, and will make older players even more valuable, as most good players will have almost the exact same xp at the same age, depending on when they are pulled with a little random chance(seen 17 year olds with 20 xp)
元気
2021-11-20 22:09
Agree to disagree :) if Tegimus thinks that a flat gain rate of XP will be good for the game, then he will decide. I'm sure whatever he decides will be for the best of the game, and hopefully it enriches our gaming experience individually and communally.
Makmak
2021-11-21 23:16 Edited by Makmak at 2021-11-21 23:18
元気 wrote :
Agree to disagree :) if Tegimus thinks that a flat gain rate of XP will be good for the game, then he will decide. I'm sure whatever he decides will be for the best of the game, and hopefully it enriches our gaming experience individually and communally.

It's not only the flat rate
In current situation everyone is obliged to shift focus from skills, competitions and opponents to XP gathering.
Retiring players get bids multiple times their values for XP purposes
These issues are discussed with intention to improve the game
I hope Tegimus will tweak things towards a more balanced approach.
Tolga
2021-11-25 11:55
Imagine 17-year-old Messi getting kicked by 35-year-old Real Betis defense.

Young players can not make any difference in the game Even if their rating is higher than everyone in the field.It has to nerfed some way. I also think that XP is important. But there should be a mutual agreement point between two sides.

It should not be %70 XP %30 Rating. ( It felt this way right now ). It should be %70 Rating %30 XP
Emery
2021-11-27 07:34 Edited by Emery at 2021-11-27 07:37
most successful teams are the teams has full of 34-35 year old players with High Xp. It is very unrealistic and should be balanced.Creating a very young squad with potential players is a huge mistake. Everyone should have bought 34-35 years garbage players.XP importance has to be fixed
Juan Juan
2021-11-27 07:47
As for Rating skill level, XP is very important in my opinion as in the real game. But I have lots of youngsters with great potential and learning levels but most of them getting low XP( approx. 4 xp in a season ) even if I make them played nearly all games of mine in the season.

I think;

-Skill decreasing level for old age players +32 may be balanced.
-You can make XP gaining easier
-Adding a new hidden attribute for specially youngsters making XP less important or not( Like Flair attribute )
-
Raderian
2021-11-27 07:56
30+ is when the players are at their peak in this game. So it's obvious that most successful teams have them. And since they are old they also have a lot of xp.
This game is not about having 22-23 year old killer players to dominate the league but rather about slowly building and maintaining a competitive team.
There is also a big downside of having old players: you need to replace them every 2-3 years. So yes, having a young squad with potential players is slow rewarding but both strategies have pros and cons on the long run.
元気
2021-11-27 20:06
I think the difference lies in teams who play in active leagues (no bot teams in a league) versus teams who play mostly alone (majority bot teams in the league). Remember that teams who play against more experienced teams will earn XP faster than if they played against an equal or less experienced team. Therefore, XP gains will be greater for teams playing against other user teams rather than playing in a league full of bots. A potential solution could be instead of having the league system in a country go 1 - 4 - 16, it could go 1 - 2 - 8. That way, instead of having users spread out over many leagues, you can group together all the active users and have them play against one another, therefore allowing them to earn XP more quickly. The only exception to this system I suppose would be the English league system, since there are far more users there than any other country.
Fathima
2021-11-28 14:04
元気 wrote :
I think the difference lies in teams who play in active leagues (no bot teams in a league) versus teams who play mostly alone (majority bot teams in the league). Remember that teams who play against more experienced teams will earn XP faster than if they played against an equal or less experienced team. Therefore, XP gains will be greater for teams playing against other user teams rather than playing in a league full of bots. A potential solution could be instead of having the league system in a country go 1 - 4 - 16, it could go 1 - 2 - 8. That way, instead of having users spread out over many leagues, you can group together all the active users and have them play against one another, therefore allowing them to earn XP more quickly. The only exception to this system I suppose would be the English league system, since there are far more users there than any other country.

Those who play against more experienced teams will have to play a better team, so those who have to play against the bots have an advantage that they can give playing time to youth players without much impact on the results. But they will gain less xp too since opponent has lower xp. So it is in a way balanced.
Tolga
2021-11-28 14:57
Raderian wrote :
30+ is when the players are at their peak in this game. So it's obvious that most successful teams have them. And since they are old they also have a lot of xp.
This game is not about having 22-23 year old killer players to dominate the league but rather about slowly building and maintaining a competitive team.
There is also a big downside of having old players: you need to replace them every 2-3 years. So yes, having a young squad with potential players is slow rewarding but both strategies have pros and cons on the long run.

This is the exact problem in this issue. In F4, peak times of players are 33/35 year age when they reach +80 xp. Kinda unrealistic. Isn't it more realistic to making their peak at 25-28 years and make their skills to decrease faster after their peak ?

Current situation will make people to encourage to create a full of 35-39 age squad and getting easy results in the short term.

To be honest, I do not believe this will help the game to improve. This will make F4 to lose players.
Fathima
2021-11-28 18:45
Tolga wrote :
This is the exact problem in this issue. In F4, peak times of players are 33/35 year age when they reach +80 xp. Kinda unrealistic. Isn't it more realistic to making their peak at 25-28 years and make their skills to decrease faster after their peak ?

Current situation will make people to encourage to create a full of 35-39 age squad and getting easy results in the short term.

To be honest, I do not believe this will help the game to improve. This will make F4 to lose players.

You are not taking into account that the top xp players in the game are not the ones that have come from the youth academies. I think there are no teams yet with the highest level academies or training centres yet, so we are yet to see the real cream of players to reach the top, and when that start happening the oldies generated by the system for a new squad will start looking crap. Right now, most of the top players are from starting squads, and you can't sustain an old team for long without developing your youth. Since this is a new game, short term success might be possible by buying old players, but after a few more seasons the gap between starting squads and the real top teams will widen up and buying your way to success will just become near to impossible.