Season 16 Round 8 / 60
Game Time 2022 Jun 29, 18:31 UTC(+00:00)
Other Recommended Management Sims
Michael
2022-05-17 07:53
I hope this is ok to ask, but I'm always on the look out for new games of this type to play so would be interested in people's views.

I currently play and recommend:
F4football (of course)
Peloton
From the Pavilion
Maxithlon
Trackking
Trophy Manager
Buzzerbeater
Redzone Action
Fathima
2022-05-17 08:46
Not sure if it is ok to discuss competitors of this game here ;) but I play Manager League and Rocking Soccer too (apart from the championship manager/football manager series which is not online anymore). All three have completely different approaches to the gameplay.

In Manager League you develop your players' rating by playing friendlies, somewhat similar to xp gains here. But you have no real control over what attributes to train as gains are random. In Rocking soccer you accumulate training points every round and then use it on players whenever you are online. Infrastructure and financial management are much more complex and detailed in RS but it is relatively simple in ML and here.
GrafBelisarius
2022-05-17 11:00
I was very disappointed, after playing FM for some years, to find when I wanted to play online, it had gone offline.

There's a good baseball management sim, Pennant Wars. It's an excellent sim environment and interesting management challenge.
Tegimus
2022-05-17 11:04
Fathima wrote :
Not sure if it is ok to discuss competitors of this game here ;)

We don't really compete with anyone and f4football is not a commercial project, so it is fine. Unless it is a promotion/advertisement or an attempt to divert users out of this website, we don't actually care too much about it.
EiPiX
2022-05-17 11:56
Michael wrote :
I hope this is ok to ask, but I'm always on the look out for new games of this type to play so would be interested in people's views.

F4football (of course)
Peloton
From the Pavilion
Maxithlon
Trackking
Trophy Manager
Buzzerbeater
Redzone Action

What is Peloton? Can't seem to find.
Justin Holden
2022-05-17 13:02 Edited by Justin Holden at 2022-05-17 13:04
I am also playing Matchday11 and vManager right now. Like F4F, Matchday11 hasn't been around for that long. Which is good because I find it is best to start as close to the launch date of a game as possible. vManager has been around since 2017, but I was still able to get caught up on that one quick since it is not against the rules to manage multiple clubs on that game. All three fall into the category of football management simulators.
Rhino909
2022-05-17 14:57
Manager League (Fathima and I are divison mates, although not even close in quality xD) and Soccer Manager Worlds. Latter one is a nice mix of football management and tactics, with the added benefit that it uses real players. Although there are no attributes in that game and no training. Player's ratings change over time based on community voting and real life performance metrics.
howie1234
2022-05-17 15:10
I've played a lot (and I mean a lot !!) of sport sim games over the years since I first started playing Hattrick way back in 2006 ! It may be a bit limited compared to other games but I still play Hattrick today, 16 years later !.

Others I currently play are :-
Cricket - Battrick, From The Pavillion
Football - F4football, Rocking Soccer, Sokker Manager, Trophy Manager
Tennis - Rocking Rackets
Athletics - Maxithlon
DarthCloud
2022-05-17 17:26
Other than F4 I play

Sokker manager - football
GPRO - F1
Leon
2022-05-17 18:14
I play daily:
FinalWhistle and F4Football
Have still an account on Trophymanager.

FinalWhistle is much the same as the good old Freekick.
Andre
2022-05-17 21:39
I play
F4Football
Managerleague
Final Whistle
Sokker
Best11
Football Arena
Rocking Soccer
Matchday 11
Soccerproject
Pro Fur Gol
Michael
2022-05-18 00:05
EiPiX wrote :
Michael wrote :

F4football (of course)
Peloton
From the Pavilion
Maxithlon
Trackking
Trophy Manager
Buzzerbeater
Redzone Action

What is Peloton? Can't seem to find.

Yes I imagine it is hard to find since the exercise equipment company kicked off.

https://www.peloton-game.eu/

It's a good game, but suffers from having lost a lot of the more casual players over the last decade. I believe a few of the players ended up buying it off the original developer to keep it going a few years back, but the core game is really good - there's no automatic entry options so is more time consuming than a lot of these games - it's a bit of a cycling version of maxithlon in that respect
punkska
2022-06-12 01:12 Edited by punkska at 2022-06-12 01:13
I like your list Michael - has a good % of the good manager games I've stuck with over the years! Maxithlon and FTP I like(d) a lot, but gave up mostly because of time commitments / my teams falling off because of that. One day I may go back (moments of weakness and that..)

I've not found a football game I've stuck with for more than a week or two for years though, since Xpert Eleven and that's at least 10 years ago. This one seems promising so far though :)

My current list:
Buzzerbeater
Hardwood College Basketball
DriveTheLane (more basketball)
Peloton (my team are Arsenal '98 - spent a fair bit of time in 1.1 over the years) - tough to recommend it to new players though given the slow progression / lack of active transfer market for useful riders.
Blackout Rugby
& F4 is my new one I'm hoping to stick with.

Hardwood probably the one I'd recommend to others if they've not tried it.
wintersb
2022-06-12 04:27
@ punkska - want to ask you something. DriveTheLane isn't a pay to win game? This game doesn't particularly benefit those who pay, in terms of recruitment?
Gazza Robo
2022-06-12 10:03
I play and a few other managers on here play. IT N Soccer,...ITN means In The Net.
We are looking for new managers, to help save the game
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-06-12 19:14
You guys could promote F4 on all of this sites so we could get more users here ;)
TheoFaron
2022-06-13 21:19
franchiseball is a good baseball sim. franchiseball.com
Ryan Leach
2022-06-13 23:09
Mr. Ske 🔥 wrote :
You guys could promote F4 on all of this sites so we could get more users here ;)

I have told others about this game, I also just started playing pitch side manager and have been on gridiron for a while now.
Turan Metin
2022-06-14 10:15
Games I play other than F4football
GPRO
Buzzerbeater
Trophy Manager
Rocking Soccer
Hattrick
Vasilis
2022-06-15 12:10
im playing matchday11 from season1 and f4football. Of 2nd is the best ;)