Season 16 Round 8 / 60
Game Time 2022 Jun 29, 19:10 UTC(+00:00)
Youth Academy
Fathima
2022-05-31 05:13 Edited by Fathima at 2022-05-31 05:17
I propose a change in youth academy.

Problem with the current system:
1. Second and subsequent youth promotions cost money. So if you are getting a youth towards end of the season and you have already promoted your first one, then your options are either to discard the player or to wait for next season to promote which means the player will be one year older when promoted. This is very critical for new teams with lower youth academy levels.
2. Players generated in the middle of the season will miss that many training sessions, so effectively a 17 yr old is 17.5 yrs old when he is generated (or even 18 yrs old if he is produced towards end of the season). So even the teams with the same academy levels do not get similar youths, and considering players train a lot faster at young ages, even a 10 or 15 rounds make a big difference.
3. When a youth academy upgrade is complete, it does not update the remaining rounds for the current youth production. Instead it only applies to the next youth.

Proposed Solution:
1. Generate youths at the start of season for all teams and also when the first level of youth academy is built.
2. Higher level of youth academy means more players are generated (similar to current system). Let the manager choose which player to promote.
3. Similar to the current system, let one promotion per season be free and apply additional cost to subsequent promotions.

Pros:
1. This way, you can ensure that a 17 yr old produced from the academy is a "real" 17 yr old and can train for a whole season being a 17 yr old.
2. The confusions regarding number of rounds remaining for the next youth (mainly for new users) will be solved.
3. Managers will also have a choice of more than one player, so they can promote players with their preferred position.
4. Newly built level 1 academy will immediately offer a youth player instead of waiting another 60 rounds (may be increase the time required for the first level slightly to maintain game balance)

Cons:
1. The randomness of getting the youths, and the "decision making" of whether to promote the new youth or wait for the next one will be removed from the game.
2. Multiple positions offered might adversely affect the transfer market a bit (even though difference in potential and learning might force managers to choose one of the youths over the others) since they can effectively promote the position they prefer.
3. More youths produced at a time means there is more chance of getting a higher potential/higher learning player, which means everyone will get better youths and it might create a "superstar inflation" in the game.
4. We will see a lot more youth players listed in the transfer market at the start of the season which favours the richer clubs, rather than spread out over the season like it is at the moment.
5. Teams wanting to promote more than one youth a season will have to spend that money at the start of the season rather than having a chance to spend that extra income and avoid tax at the end of season.
Don-x
2022-05-31 07:28
disagree....
The yth system is good as it is, i notice yth at end of season usually come with high rtg (not too sure).
There was a suggestion to have a yth settings that we can set upto 10 nations we want our yth players to be generated from and ability to select a desired position. Its flag as not good for the game TM.
First i don't understand why it isn't a good suggestion.
We have no control over the quality of player we get even when a position is selected as prefered.
It won't hurt a TM, we can still dive into the market for a position in need.
===
Why we need that set up is:-
We've invested time, money into the current yth system and we pay maintenance fee and also another 50% 100% 150% fee to promote, making it costly to run, but we left with useless kind of yth system that can give you GK GK GK, WF WF WF, WM WM WM in a row thats stupid way, i wouldn't want a gk again useless a wonderkid is transfer listed.
Fathima
2022-05-31 07:42
Don-x wrote :i notice yth at end of season usually come with high rtg (not too sure).

I asked this before to tegimus, he confirmed it is completely random but higher youth academy levels have a chance to produce higher ratings and xp. And more often than not, getting a lower rated youth at start of season is much better than getting a higher rated youth at end of the season.
Michael
2022-05-31 07:46
I like some of your proposals - I think the promotion opportunity as you go up a level would be great. Gives you an element of control/planning when a promotion may occur and would boost new teams as they increase their infrastructure

I'd probably propose a different solution to your other points though - I'd prefer that players age per round rather than only once at the end of the season. That way if you promote a 17.0 in Round 30 he will stay 17 until hie gets to 17.60 (round 30 the next season).

That way none of your cons exist because you wouldn't have to promote them all at the same time. I wouldn't necessarily have it that they always promote at 17.0 maybe the number of rounds over the base age should be random.
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-05-31 07:46
Youth sistem does not need to be changed..!

Now is good for inflation and would be even harder for new players to play if old clubs would get more players to choose from...now is ok

I stand with Don-x..maybe is ok to implement we choose % of positions we would like to recruit but youth academy still produces random one with higher percentage we choosed..if you understand what i mean...
Rhino909
2022-05-31 08:55
Fathima wrote :
I propose a change in youth academy.

Proposed Solution:
1. Generate youths at the start of season for all teams and also when the first level of youth academy is built.
2. Higher level of youth academy means more players are generated (similar to current system). Let the manager choose which player to promote.
3. Similar to the current system, let one promotion per season be free and apply additional cost to subsequent promotions.

1- I only agree with point B which would help new players start out by giving them an extra youth player relatively quickly depending on their infrastructure building priority. There's already enough youths in the game I don't think we need to give everyone one player at the start.

2- Wouldn't it be easier to just get rid of the whole "your youth player can be generated +/- 15 rounds earlier than stated and if earlier the extra rounds are added to the next youth generation time"? If a youth player is supposed to be generated in 32 rounds, make it a fixed 32 rounds instead of 32 +/- 15.

3 - Perhaps make the cost for the next promotion division dependent. If you are in division 1 the cost for next promotion is higher than the cost of promotion if you are in division 2 or division 3.
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-05-31 08:58
Rhino909...could not agree more 💪
Raderian
2022-05-31 09:01 Edited by Raderian at 2022-05-31 09:07
The current system is fine. I don't see the point of getting all youths at once. Yes, some might get more training in the first season and some less but this will happen to all teams eventually. It's up to the manager to find the right balance for youth management.

What I would like instead is for the youths to remain available for more than 7 days (or how much is now). Perhaps one entire season.
Guildmaster Chax
2022-05-31 09:44
Mr. Ske 🔥 wrote :
I stand with Don-x..maybe is ok to implement we choose % of positions we would like to recruit but youth academy still produces random one with higher percentage we choosed..if you understand what i mean...

+1
this is neat!
Agrochão
2022-05-31 09:55
Dont agree with this one as well. It is fine like it is. Not perfect, but well, nothing is
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-05-31 10:49
Yes Chax..that's it 💪
Tegimus
2022-05-31 11:40
We think the youth system is fine as of now, if it ain't broken then don't fix it!

Michael wrote :
I'd probably propose a different solution to your other points though - I'd prefer that players age per round rather than only once at the end of the season. That way if you promote a 17.0 in Round 30 he will stay 17 until hie gets to 17.60 (round 30 the next season).

This is an interesting suggestion to add more realism to the game mechanics. I will note this down but this won't be done anytime in near future as it has a lot of things tied to it like retirements, age progression etc.
Chika Fujiwara
2022-05-31 12:52
Michael wrote :
I like some of your proposals - I think the promotion opportunity as you go up a level would be great. Gives you an element of control/planning when a promotion may occur and would boost new teams as they increase their infrastructure

That way none of your cons exist because you wouldn't have to promote them all at the same time. I wouldn't necessarily have it that they always promote at 17.0 maybe the number of rounds over the base age should be random.

+1 I agree With michael, Maybe this would avoid cases like Hendricks one(superstar young turned 18 1 Round later of being promoted).
元気
2022-05-31 13:06
Guildmaster Chax wrote :
+1
this is neat!

ahhhh Bygfoot :)
Guildmaster Chax
2022-05-31 14:13
元気 wrote :
ahhhh Bygfoot :)

i needed a game to scratch off the itch of wanting to play new version of Bygfoot that is yet to be released, lol.

f4f fills that need :)