Season 16 Round 8 / 60
Game Time 2022 Jun 29, 18:51 UTC(+00:00)
Substitutions
Dave
2022-06-07 14:31 Edited by Dave at 2022-06-07 14:32
With the new rules being introduced in major leagues of allowing 5 substitutions from a choice of 9 on the bench at 3 intervals during the match (excluding half time) should f4 be following suit?
TummyZ
2022-06-07 16:34
i don't think so 3 is already enough
Ademir Azzi Junior
2022-06-07 17:09
I like the idea of 5 substitutions! it gives you chance to give XP for more players if your opponent is playing with an inexperienced team.
TummyZ
2022-06-07 20:33
Ademir Azzi Junior wrote :
I like the idea of 5 substitutions! it gives you chance to give XP for more players if your opponent is playing with an inexperienced team.

You already have 3 substitutions which is enough to give exp and loans and there's also friendly matches which give you XP for 30 matches so i think an extra 5 substitutions is just a bad idea and it might kill the loan market
Fathima
2022-06-08 07:35
I think 3 subs is more than enough. But I would like yo see the bench extended to 7 subs instead of just 5 considering the number of different positions we have for players
Fathima
2022-06-08 07:39

It wont. Xp gains depend on minutes played. Means the xp gains after the substitution is given to subbed in player instead of subbed out player. So effectively the total xp gained doesn't change. And if an experienced player is taken out and a youth is brought in then it affects overall xp gains after that since the squad average xp will go down.
Ademir Azzi Junior
2022-06-08 21:19
I know that the amount of XP is given by minutes, but more substitutions will allow to share the XP with your reserves.
TummyZ
2022-06-09 06:38
I know that the amount of XP is given by minutes, but more substitutions will allow to share the XP with your reserves.

you already have friendly matches which gives you XP for 30 matches and you can also loan out your players which gives you XP too if you still find it hard to get XP for your players with all of this thing available then your just managing your players badly
Ademir Azzi Junior
2022-06-09 15:26
Don't you read the Manual that says that custom matches only give 80% of the XP of a regular match?

Don't you see that the average XP of the reserve team is lower and that results in low XP gain?

Don't you know that you can loan out only 2 players?

To share XP between your main team and reserves is a thing in this game, it should be easy to understand that.

it is unfortonate that you need to use ad-hominem argues like managing skills, especeally that given the development of our teams, mine managerial skills are higher than yours.
TummyZ
2022-06-09 20:27
Don't you read the Manual that says that custom matches only give 80% of the XP of a regular match?

Don't you see that the average XP of the reserve team is lower and that results in low XP gain?

To share XP between your main team and reserves is a thing in this game, it should be easy to understand that.

it is unfortonate that you need to use ad-hominem argues like managing skills, especeally that given the development of our teams, mine managerial skills are higher than yours.

1. Yes, i know that
2. i earned 5-6+ XP so far this season and next season they will most likely get more and your reserves is better in rating and XP than my reserves so you earn more XP then me and next season most of your young player might have 30 XP and you also have your experienced players helping your youngster so you might be getting 10+ or more XP for your reserve players
3. yes and your players on loan got 6+ on XP so next season loan out your players who don't have much XP and that will help you alot
4. yes your team better than my team that why getting XP should be easy for you since most of your players are about to have 30+ XP which will help you alot in friendly games and im not insulting your managing skills i just find it stupid why you need 5 substitutions when you have alot of things available that gives you XP
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-06-09 20:57 Edited by Mr. Ske 🔥 at 2022-06-09 20:59
We do NOT need 5x substitutions....!!

FIFA or UEFA (whatever) made this decision only because of COVID 19 so it would be stupid to make it happen here.

Like TummyZ said very well and i quote "you have alot of things available that gives you XP" there can be literally 60games in season or more that gives your players XP plus 2 on loan....it is ok as it is (I am still cheering for third loan but we must get more active players first)

Life goes on now
Kasper Albrechtsen
2022-06-09 21:07
https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12578904/premier-league-to-introduce-five-subs-per-match-from-next-season-as-summer-transfer-window-dates-announced

Ofc there should be 5 subs…
GrafBelisarius
2022-06-10 02:10
Kasper, the article says they need 5 subs because of player fatigue. I don't think we have that problem. The idea seems both pointless and harmless to me. I'd rather Tegimus spend time on more significant improvements...
Fathima
2022-06-10 05:05
20% less is not a big deal at all. I would happily take +8xp by playing a youth player in 30 custom matches over a +10xp playing in 30 regular matches. I have already had players who gained +12xp a season by playing only in custom matches + 15mins in some of the regular matches. Of course they tend to gain slower as their xp increases but if I can gain 50xp for a player in 6 seasons just by playing custom matches that's not small, that means they can be amazing players in 8 seasons of development (including a couple more seasons on loan). We are going to see 75+rating/75+xp players at 24-25 yrs of age once youth academies of teams start producing 16 yr olds every time.

Depends on whom you are trying to give those xp gains to. If your reserve team avg xp is lower because you play 3-4 low xp young players, then that means those young players gain a lot more xp from the game and the oldies get much lesser xp. Think of the oldies as just "xp coaches", I don't care if they gain any xp at all from those matches as long as I get max xp gains for the 3-4 youths played.
If your reserve team avg xp is low because all your players have low xp then that's indeed a big mistake.

But those two loaned players effectively play "all possible matches" and hence that's a huge xp boost. Unless you want to risk losing games playing youths in your competitive matches, loaning out is a massive tool to give more xp to those youths who are very close to making to your first team. (although I feel they gain less xp than what they would gain if they play all matches with your own team, tegimus needs to confirm this).

It is not really sharing your xp, it is all about "focusing" xp towards those players that need it. For that you need a proper mix of low xp+high xp players too keep the average xp of the playing squad high enough. Having 5 subs to add more low xp players to the mix just means it will bring the avg xp even further down.
Rhino909
2022-06-10 09:49
Fathima wrote :
I think 3 subs is more than enough. But I would like yo see the bench extended to 7 subs instead of just 5 considering the number of different positions we have for players

+1 agree to this. There are more positions than usually need a backup on the bench than slots available if you consider GK and CF eating up 2 slots right there. Hate to play CBs in WB positions and same with WF in AML/AMR positions if they don't have amazing flexibility.
Guildmaster Chax
2022-06-10 12:36
Rhino909 wrote :
Fathima wrote :

+1 agree to this. There are more positions than usually need a backup on the bench than slots available if you consider GK and CF eating up 2 slots right there. Hate to play CBs in WB positions and same with WF in AML/AMR positions if they don't have amazing flexibility.

while i can see myself agreeing to this. i need to ask what about people who prefer having small squad size? :o
TummyZ
2022-06-10 16:56 Edited by TummyZ at 2022-06-10 17:02
Guildmaster Chax wrote :
Rhino909 wrote :
Fathima wrote :

while i can see myself agreeing to this. i need to ask what about people who prefer having small squad size? :o

lowest players you can have is 18 so you will still be able to have a full 7 players bench and i don't see anyone trying to have below 20 players in their team and i also agree to having 7 bench
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-06-10 17:00
7 subs on bench is good idea!
Ademir Azzi Junior
2022-06-10 18:51 Edited by Ademir Azzi Junior at 2022-06-10 18:52
"1. Yes, i know that"
It did not seem

"2. i earned 5-6+ XP so far this season and next season they will most likely get more and your reserves is better in rating and XP than my reserves so you earn more XP then me and next season most of your young player might have 30 XP and you also have your experienced players helping your youngster so you might be getting 10+ or more XP for your reserve players"
it is only possible to gain this amount of XP with your reserves if you have considerable number of experienced players at your reserve team, you will have to train only 4 youths for season more 2 loaned out, you can train only 6 replacements at a time and you need 11 to play in your team

"3. yes and your players on loan got 6+ on XP so next season loan out your players who don't have much XP and that will help you alot"

You can see my transfers in my team's page, so you can stop presuming things that are wrong and giving me advices that I don't need

"i just find it stupid"
it is reciprocal
TummyZ
2022-06-10 20:47 Edited by TummyZ at 2022-06-10 20:48
"It did not seem"

believe what you want then

"You can see my transfers in my team's page, so you can stop presuming things that are wrong and giving me advices that I don't need"

alright don't take my advice then

"it is reciprocal"

feeling is neutral
also i hope you didn't forget only reason UEFA added this 5 substitutions role is because of covid so once covid ends the 5 substitutions rule will end