Season 17 Round 31 / 60
Game Time 2022 Aug 12, 00:12 UTC(+00:00)
How important is aggression for defenders?
Kasper A.
2022-07-20 07:43
What are your experiences with the attribute “aggression”?I think it is difficult to interpret the importance. For the new season I have to choose between a WB with either 1 in aggression (https://www.f4football.com/players/show/121679) or 5 in aggression (https://www.f4football.com/players/show/121253). Which one would you choose? The CB has 5 in flexibility and they have same learning but CB has 5 higher potential…
Fathima
2022-07-20 08:35 Edited by Fathima at 2022-07-20 08:36
Defenders with aggression and attackers with flair definitely better than those that are low in those attributes. I would blindly choose the one with higher aggression if I had to. Only downside would be that he will get more cards and might miss some matches, but that's not a bad trade off compared to the higher performance he would put in in the matches that he plays.
Mr. Ske ⚽
2022-07-20 08:42
Higher agression means less cards ;)
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-20 16:47
Fathima wrote :
Defenders with aggression and attackers with flair definitely better than those that are low in those attributes. I would blindly choose the one with higher aggression if I had to. Only downside would be that he will get more cards and might miss some matches, but that's not a bad trade off compared to the higher performance he would put in in the matches that he plays.

That's true, But some Low agression defenders Are great. Former defender of sibiu, jenssen(idk his current name) Was 1* agression, and he was Best of the World, also The Best Young player(My team the first team Winning 2 Times the Best Youth Player In the world, also The first defender On Winning That award, is Low agression) so Sometimes Low agression, Can be Good also.
Guildmaster Chax
2022-07-20 18:50
Mr. Ske ⚽ wrote :

shouldn't there be more cards with higher aggression?
since the CB is likely to attempt more tackles.
Herr Ademir
2022-07-20 19:03 Edited by Herr Ademir at 2022-07-20 19:05
@Chika, i changed Jenssen's name to Ragnar Sigurðsson, yes, he has 1* of agression, was the best defender of german league 2 times in a row, and he has now the best rating of CB's in supercup. He will play his first champions cup with my team next season.
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-21 00:40
Herr Ademir wrote :
@Chika, i changed Jenssen's name to Ragnar Sigurðsson, yes, he has 1* of agression, was the best defender of german league 2 times in a row, and he has now the best rating of CB's in supercup. He will play his first champions cup with my team next season.

great
Mr. Ske ⚽
2022-07-21 07:42
Guildmaster Chax wrote :
Mr. Ske ⚽ wrote :

Don't know for sure, we should let Tegimus confirm this but from my team stats I am seeing it like this..
Tegimus
2022-07-21 09:24
Mr. Ske ⚽ wrote :
Guildmaster Chax wrote :
Mr. Ske ⚽ wrote :

Don't know for sure, we should let Tegimus confirm this but from my team stats I am seeing it like this..

Higher aggression of course means that the player will be ready to go into 50/50 challenges. But that doesn't automatically mean he will get more cards. A good player is more likely to win those challenges, and bad players are likely to get more cards.

The point I am trying to make here is that:
Aggression or Flair reflects from the player's other skills too. These attributes will make a good player better and a bad player worse.
GrafBelisarius
2022-07-21 13:24
I suppose that applies on the other end as well. High flair will make a bad attacker worse.
Don-x
2022-07-21 13:39
GrafBelisarius wrote :
I suppose that applies on the other end as well. High flair will make a bad attacker worse.

The other way round
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-21 14:56
Tegimus wrote :
Mr. Ske ⚽ wrote :
Guildmaster Chax wrote :
Mr. Ske ⚽ wrote :

Higher aggression of course means that the player will be ready to go into 50/50 challenges. But that doesn't automatically mean he will get more cards. A good player is more likely to win those challenges, and bad players are likely to get more cards.

The point I am trying to make here is that:
Aggression or Flair reflects from the player's other skills too. These attributes will make a good player better and a bad player worse.

So if I Have a Good Cb, 1 agresión But playing Hard TACKLE He can be Very Good?
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-21 14:57
But Maybe playing Hard With a 4.5* agression Can be a double-edge Tactic?
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-21 15:14
Also Higher agression is More LIKELY To Injure a Opposite? Idk But I Have That Impression
Kasper A.
2022-07-25 06:38
Thank you for your answers :)

@ Mr. Ske: Checked your players with most yellow cards this season. They have high aggression... So I dont know how you come to your conclusion.
Don-x
2022-07-25 08:39
With hard tackle they mostly get booked, but with normal tackle they mostly go into dual challenge as if you were playing hard tackle, they mostly succeded with those tackle without getting booked even when they foul opposition player they get away with it sometimes if on normal/easy.
»5 agg being referred as amazing is a good sign.
Poor agg players will get evaded when opposition tries to dribble, which means they are more likely to fail with tackle, foul a player, lose out on duel challenge, making life easy for the most flair players.
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-25 12:45
Don-x wrote :
With hard tackle they mostly get booked, but with normal tackle they mostly go into dual challenge as if you were playing hard tackle, they mostly succeded with those tackle without getting booked even when they foul opposition player they get away with it sometimes if on normal/easy.
»5 agg being referred as amazing is a good sign.
Poor agg players will get evaded when opposition tries to dribble, which means they are more likely to fail with tackle, foul a player, lose out on duel challenge, making life easy for the most flair players.

Not necesarly, see CB Ragnar from Ademir's team(former Jenssen of Sibiu) he is 1* agg and is a beast, also My Cb(the Golden voy) is 1* agg
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-25 12:46 Edited by Chika Fujiwara at 2022-07-25 12:47
My more Yellow carded players have 2.5,2.5, 4 and 5 of agression, so more agg, more cards
Don-x
2022-07-25 15:56
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
My more Yellow carded players have 2.5,2.5, 4 and 5 of agression, so more agg, more cards

You play Hard tackle right?
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-27 16:23
Don-x wrote :
Chika Fujiwara wrote :

You play Hard tackle right?

Yeah, But My low agression Ones, Almost Got No cards, Even They did low amount of fouls, But they have a Good % of won Tackle, Both My retired CB, for example, were 2 and 2.5.