Season 17 Round 30 / 60
Game Time 2022 Aug 11, 23:06 UTC(+00:00)
Scrape profit tax
Don-x
2022-07-25 11:19
The worst part of this game is to pay unecessary tax over profits, for upto 50%.
My case is this:
After round 50 financial update and sc income i was making a nice profit of $6m, i was still going to pay $178k profit for that, then comes my completed facility building cost on round 59, I'm then minus $6.5m over the gross/profit. Which the game seems happy because they won't tax us, but they would get me sacked if my balance is nagetive.
Whats more annoying is the fact, i just got a mere $55m on one of my listed player now and to be sold right before midnight game update, which mean i'm going to pay a must 30% tax plus transfer agent fee in a total of about $12m.
If i paid 50% or 100% to promote that player the game don't care.
The game should only tax teams that hoard money not those that depends on player sales to balance their books, all financial aspect of the game needs update.
The returns for stadium is very poor, the upgrade cost of facilities are to high, and you still tax me $12m overnight.
Alex Kalinin
2022-07-25 12:23
Don-x wrote :

What do you mean? This money goes to your Total Expenses sum, hence, counts towards tax reduction.
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-25 12:36
Don-x wrote :
The worst part of this game is to pay unecessary tax over profits, for upto 50%.
My case is this:
After round 50 financial update and sc income i was making a nice profit of $6m, i was still going to pay $178k profit for that, then comes my completed facility building cost on round 59, I'm then minus $6.5m over the gross/profit. Which the game seems happy because they won't tax us, but they would get me sacked if my balance is nagetive.
Whats more annoying is the fact, i just got a mere $55m on one of my listed player now and to be sold right before midnight game update, which mean i'm going to pay a must 30% tax plus transfer agent fee in a total of about $12m.
The game should only tax teams that hoard money not those that depends on player sales to balance their books, all financial aspect of the game needs update.
The returns for stadium is very poor, the upgrade cost of facilities are to high, and you still tax me $12m overnight.

... I agree With High taxes, I'm happy To be above 100m, But Hope someone bids for my players starting next season
Don-x
2022-07-25 13:06
Alex Kalinin wrote :
Don-x wrote :

What do you mean? This money goes to your Total Expenses sum, hence, counts towards tax reduction.

What i mean is even if i paid $38m to promote a player and sold for $55m it just increases my tax, the $17m income i expect earn, to balance my books will go towards profit tax.
Not to forget i paid a 60rounds wages for him, transfer agent fee, ya maintenance fee and now tax, theres no point to promote him, while upgrade cost of this game is high with little returns.
Tax is suppose to be a way to prevent only those managers hoarding money, over $200m in bank, if the amount is considered too high.
===
Stop taking away money for the little profit a manager made over his day by day running of his team, it make no sence.
Chika Fujiwara
2022-07-25 13:14 Edited by Chika Fujiwara at 2022-07-25 13:15
Don-x wrote :
Alex Kalinin wrote :
Don-x wrote :

What i mean is even if i paid $38m to promote a player and sold for $55m it just increases my tax, the $17m income i expect earn, to balance my books will go towards profit tax.
Not to forget i paid a 60rounds wages for him, transfer agent fee, ya maintenance fee and now tax, theres no point to promote him, while upgrade cost of this game is high with little returns.
Tax is suppose to be a way to prevent only those managers hoarding money, over $200m in bank, if the amount is considered too high.
===
Stop taking away money for the little profit a manager made over his day by day running of his team, it make no sence.

It happened to me When I Had 120-160 Mills., Please, reduce Taxes!!!!!
Don-x
2022-07-25 13:26
@chika
If i hoard money and get taxed am happy.
If i've have over $100m am happy to be taxed 6%.
If am taxed 50% having less than $60m total in the bank (after the sale) because i sold my best yth product, paid the wage upto that point, paid yth maintenance upto that point, paid staff/trainings upto that point, paid transfer agent fee after the sale and taxed morethan a team that hoard more money, is frustrating for me.
Funny way to take away money from the game.
Alex Kalinin
2022-07-25 13:34 Edited by Alex Kalinin at 2022-07-25 13:53
Ok, so basically you are proposing to keep the Fortune tax and get rid of the Profit tax. Don't really see the point. Since everyone is paying taxes, this won't change your financial situation compared to other managers. Tax amout is not that significant most of the times anyway.

Yes, promote medicore players for 50% or 100%, train them and sell with profit is almost impossible, but that has to do with overall shortage of active teams in lower divisions, I think. Even with a lot of teams, I think the only way to pull it off is to sell players you didn't pay for.
So far it is much easier to let player go and try to snipe him from the teamless market again if he will regenerate with better stats.
Alex Kalinin
2022-07-25 14:16 Edited by Alex Kalinin at 2022-07-25 14:26
I don't really get how you end up with 12 mil amount.
Let's say you bought player for 38 m, and payed him wage for 30 rounds (30 x 14.720 = 441.600, we'll round to 500.000).
That means your expences are 38 5.
Agent fee is 2% i.e. 1.100.000.
Total expences are 39.6 mil.
Sale is 55 mil
Total profit should be 55 - 39.6 = 15.4 mil
So your profit tax from this deal should be around 3.5 mil in total
Herr Ademir
2022-07-25 14:36
What i like more in this game is the XP mechanism and the taxes, because it does not allow a team to accumulate high quantity of money to build a superteam in the future, forcing everyone to do the same, so you can be conpetitive every season. The fortune tax makes the major role here, but I like the cashflow planning that the profit tax recompensates. I don't see the point of turning the game easier, it is going to be easier for everyone and thus boring like a farm game.
Don-x
2022-07-25 14:45
Alex Kalinin wrote :

Rough amount but its should be higher than $9m, since i've minus $6.5m gross/profit before the expected transfer income.
I just spent over 40m last round to upgrade a facility it won't count towards expenses this season though.
Fortune tax should be the only tax of the game.
But if nothing is done about it no problem
Don-x
2022-07-25 14:58
Herr Ademir wrote :
What i like more in this game is the XP mechanism and the taxes, because it does not allow a team to accumulate high quantity of money to build a superteam in the future, forcing everyone to do the same, so you can be conpetitive every season. The fortune tax makes the major role here, but I like the cashflow planning that the profit tax recompensates. I don't see the point of turning the game easier, it is going to be easier for everyone and thus boring like a farm game.

Increased fortune tax can still force a team to spend, profit of $40m could be the only income a team has got a season, with a total balance of $50m is that so big.
Tax is suppose to be aimed at those hoarding over $100m.
Fathima
2022-07-25 15:15
I understand your frustration Don-x. But you can avoid taxes if you plan well. I used to do that when my finances were tight, but I dont care anymore since the taxes become negligible when you have been playing for a while.

And as Alex said, buying a 5 star pot/learning player from teamless market for 80% is much more effective than promoting a 4 star one for 50%. Even if you spend a fortune for scouting, it will be worth it. So use youth academy for the first player every season, promote the second one only if he is good.
Fathima
2022-07-25 15:21
Alex Kalinin wrote :
Let's say you bought player for 38 m, and payed him wage for 30 rounds (30 x 14.720 = 441.600, we'll round to 500.000).
That means your expences are 38 5.
Agent fee is 2% i.e. 1.100.000.
Total expences are 39.6 mil.
Sale is 55 mil
Total profit should be 55 - 39.6 = 15.4 mil
So your profit tax from this deal should be around 3.5 mil in total

Taxes for 15.4m will be 1.58m only.
You are taxed nothing for the first 5m, then 10% (500k) for the next 5m, and then 20%(1. 08m) for the next 5.4m
Alex Kalinin
2022-07-25 16:35
Fathima wrote :
Taxes for 15.4m will be 1.58m only.
You are taxed nothing for the first 5m, then 10% (500k) for the next 5m, and then 20%(1. 08m) for the next 5.4m

Yeah, I messed this part, thanks for the correction. This tax system is a bit confusing =)
Alex Kalinin
2022-07-25 16:42
Don-x wrote :
I just spent over 40m last round to upgrade a facility it won't count towards expenses this season though.

It will count next season, so you will have 40m of expenses despite not actually spending anything. So you will have sort of tax discount next season.
Don-x
2022-07-25 16:51
Alex Kalinin wrote :
Don-x wrote :

It will count next season, so you will have 40m of expenses despite not actually spending anything. So you will have sort of tax discount next season.

It didn't count as expenses it only reduce my available money, should've count (reduce furtune tax) if i had available money above 100m right?
Fathima
2022-07-25 17:48
Don-x wrote :
It didn't count as expenses it only reduce my available money, should've count (reduce furtune tax) if i had available money above 100m right?

But that will leave the loophole of carrying forward money as you can cancel an upgrade anytime until it is completed.
Don-x
2022-07-25 18:39
Lol thats cheat code:
But its meaningless for me though.
Once a round pass i don't cancel anymore.
Until then i will balance my books with players sale.
Thanks i will fully accept any profit tax from now on, but tax was my reason for bad decisions, i hope to balance in long run.
I've decided to take extra facilities cost before i will come back to my senses to upgrade my stadium, that will enable me build either yc lvl12 or fa 20 or media office or fanshop.
But thats longterm plan.
If yc11/tc19 is worth it, i wish to build it first, having the lowest stadium among the top 4 teams of each league.
Kasper A.
2022-07-25 18:42
Alex Kalinin wrote :
Ok, so basically you are proposing to keep the Fortune tax and get rid of the Profit tax. Don't really see the point. Since everyone is paying taxes, this won't change your financial situation compared to other managers. Tax amout is not that significant most of the times anyway.

Two points at least and you even highlighted one yourself. 1) the tax system will be less complicated 2) you dont have to think about when you buy and sell players which will make the transfer market more smooth
TheoFaron
2022-07-25 19:35
Yes, let's get rid of profit and fortune tax, makes me buy players I normally wouldn't and not sell players I normally would just to save 24,000,000 or whatever on profit tax