Season 36 Round 42 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 16, 14:48 UTC(+00:00)
question about change substitution
Siwakon
2022-11-08 05:24
Hello, I have a problem with substitutions on the field, I remember that I may have asked in my previous posts but this is probably a different case. There are 5 subs on the field in order. However, as I've found that during matches when substitutions occur it often doesn't go the way I imagined, such as when my striker gets injured or gets 2 yellow cards instead of the other one at me. It has been placed in the reserve position, it has become a midfield position or sometimes it has become a defender to play in the forward position instead. It would like to ask how to deal with this problem or if I misplaced it, please advise. Thank you.
Guildmaster Chax
2022-11-08 05:32
can you show a screenshot from your sub set up?
it's very likely that something went wrong. somebody may be able to fix it.
Siwakon
2022-11-08 06:46 Edited by Siwakon at 2022-11-08 06:52
Let me explain as follows: 1st sub, I put the second wing back, I put DC on the 3rd, I put the 4th attacking midfielder, I put the forward wing, and the 5th sub, I put the target striker.
Fathima
2022-11-08 07:27
If you are using autoselect for the player who needs to come in, then the game finds the player who is best suited to play in that position (not the best rated player always). If there are multiple players who can play in that position equally then I think then it picks from right to left (not 100% sure on this, tegimus needs to confirm). So if your FC is going out and you have another CF on the bench, he will always come in. If you don't have a CF on the bench then the next best position will come in - WF, then AM etc.

If you not using autoselect, then you have two ways to specify who comes in. In the substitute with drop down, you can select "player" and then specify a particular player, or you can select "position". If you are selecting "position" and you select a position which is already on the pitch then the two players will swap their positions (no subs will happen). If the position is not already on the pitch then the selected player will move to that position (again no subs will happen). And finally if you select one of the SUB1,SUB2,SUB3,SUB4 or SUB5 then a substitution will happen with the player in the given position on the substitute bench coming in.

It is hard to know what you are looking for without seeing how you have setup your substitution instruction. Please put all details here (or a screenshot) so I can help specifically.
Guildmaster Chax
2022-11-08 08:10
Fathima wrote :
If there are multiple players who can play in that position equally then I think then it picks from right to left (not 100% sure on this, tegimus needs to confirm).

if they're equal yes. if not then the one with least penalty. according to what i've seen so far
Siwakon
2022-11-11 09:03
I'm sorry I didn't take a screenshot for you, but what I'm going to say is that I've tried changing the settings in the red card action. As a result, the position of the red carded player and the player being substituted have. The exact position I want, the default value I found seems to be the position in the field, I've tried changing it to auto-select, so the result is exactly what I'd like above.
Siwakon
2022-11-11 09:07
Also, I've repositioned all of the subs, as I said in comment 2, I'll switch with that opinion entirely.
Don-x
2022-11-11 09:27
Siwakon wrote :
I'm sorry I didn't take a screenshot for you, but what I'm going to say is that I've tried changing the settings in the red card action. As a result, the position of the red carded player and the player being substituted have. The exact position I want, the default value I found seems to be the position in the field, I've tried changing it to auto-select, so the result is exactly what I'd like above.

In a red card action, to solve your issue of having a substituted player on a wrong position on the pitch.
*Create another substitute event assign the right position you want your players to be incase of auto sub anytime.
Siwakon
2022-11-11 09:48
Thank you I will try it