Season 36 Round 48 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 19, 20:43 UTC(+00:00)
Opening New Leagues
Tegimus
2022-12-02 06:35 Edited by Tegimus at 2022-12-12 17:29
We are planning to open 8 new countries at the start of Season 23 if everything goes as planned. There will be a few changes to the game once this happens which are as detailed below. All current teams can opt to move to one of the new leagues if they wish to, they can request for a move starting next season once the list of new countries will be announced.

Match Timings
League match timings will be distributed to 8 different slots to reduce match simulation loads on the server, league matches of two countries will be simulated during each slot. Global competitions like the champions cup and super cup will take place at 0600 and 1800 UTC, and the league matches will take place on either side of this time. This means the current league match time of 0700 UTC will change for all countries, the exact match timings for each country will be announced along with the list of new countries. National competitions of each country will also take place during the league match time for that country.

Global Competitions qualification spots
Since we are doubling the number of available countries, we have to reduce the champions cup and super cup spots for each country into half, which means every country will have only 2 qualification spots for the Champions Cup and 2 for the super cup each season. We also plan to open a 3rd global competition in which 32 teams can participate, so there will also be 2 spots available for this new competition from each of the 16 countries.

Note that there won't be any teams in the Champions Cup and Super Cup from the newly opened countries in the season which they were opened, and those teams can only qualify for the next season's competitions based on their league position in this first season. However any team that opted to move to one of these new leagues and had qualified for a place in a global competition from their old country, will retain their place and will take part in those competitions even during their first season in the new league.

We have initially shortlisted these countries as prospects for opening:
USA, Greece, Romania, Norway, Brazil, Malaysia, China, Australia
This is however based on the website visitors in the past 3 months, and might not accurately reflect the distribution of active users in the game. So please cast your vote on which country you would like to see opened, we will replace one of the above listed countries with the ones which a lot of users want. I will keep updating this post with the vote counts, and if any country receives adequate votes, we will include them.

Votes so far:
Australia : 2
Brazil : 4
Croatia : 2
Denmark : 1
Greece: 3
India: 1
Japan : 2
Liechtenstein : 1
Nigeria : 1
Romania : 5
South Africa : 1
Turkiye : 3
UAE : 1
USA : 5
Michael
2022-12-02 07:37
Where do you go to vote?
Rhino909
2022-12-02 07:39
Not Japanese, but would be fun to have Japan xD.
Michael
2022-12-02 07:43
Rhino909 wrote :

I'm British but live in Australia - I'm wondering if I login enough on my own to make Australia one of the most active of the leagues we don't have - lol
Tegimus
2022-12-02 08:35 Edited by Tegimus at 2022-12-02 08:36
Michael wrote :
Rhino909 wrote :

I'm British but live in Australia - I'm wondering if I login enough on my own to make Australia one of the most active of the leagues we don't have - lol

Number of visitors doesn't always mean that those users play the game. But yes, Australia is in the top 10 among countries from where we get the most traffic. We do not have too many registrations from there though.
Don-x
2022-12-02 09:05
No africa, ghana, south africa, nigeria.
I'm moving to the latter.
Michael
2022-12-02 09:08
Michael wrote :
Where do you go to vote?

That was a very low tech voting method - lol
Tegimus
2022-12-02 09:15
Don-x wrote :

Do you mean you want Nigeria to be considered (vote for)?
Raderian
2022-12-02 10:02
+1 to Romania
Vasilis
2022-12-02 10:04
Greece ofc
Michael
2022-12-02 10:06
I have to say that it would make so much more sense for 8 new leagues to be:
North America
South America
Oceania
Africa
South East Asia
Scandinavia
China
India
Michael
2022-12-02 10:13
Michael wrote :
North America
South America
Oceania
Africa
South East Asia
Scandinavia
China
India

Or maybe South Eastern Europe instead of Scandinavia - not sure if greeks or romanians really consider themselves as south eastern europeans though
Monkey.D.Luffy
2022-12-02 10:36
My vote goes to India
Tegimus
2022-12-02 11:25
Michael wrote :
North America
South America
Oceania
Africa
South East Asia
Scandinavia
China
India

We had considered having continents instead of countries, but decided we didn't want to take that route. It would be a good solution for the time being but would be a bad idea considering our long term goals of how we want the game structure to be.
Don-x
2022-12-02 11:30
Tegimus wrote :
Don-x wrote :

Do you mean you want Nigeria to be considered (vote for)?

Yes Nigeria +1.
Fathima
2022-12-02 11:40
For me, it doesn't matter much. The country name is just some name, I don't think it matters much in this game where you are allowed to freely move between leagues. But kudos for opening up new leagues, hope it brings more users to the game. And more excited about the new global competition ;)

This was suggested before, can we also have a round 1 match between champions cup and super cup winners? Since you are creating a new competition anyways, this would be the best time to add that too. Also a similar variant for every country where the national trophy winners meet the champions of division1, or something along those lines.
Michael
2022-12-02 11:43
Tegimus wrote :
Michael wrote :
North America
South America
Oceania
Africa
South East Asia
Scandinavia
China
India

We had considered having continents instead of countries, but decided we didn't want to take that route. It would be a good solution for the time being but would be a bad idea considering our long term goals of how we want the game structure to be.

I think the ability to change leagues has pretty much put an end to the drawbacks in later years.

If all goes well South America gets joined by a Brazil league in a few years and those that want to move. Meanwhile though Argentinians have a league they can associate with.
texg8r
2022-12-02 14:23
USA is a must
Tegimus
2022-12-02 14:39
Michael wrote :
I think the ability to change leagues has pretty much put an end to the drawbacks in later years.

If all goes well South America gets joined by a Brazil league in a few years and those that want to move. Meanwhile though Argentinians have a league they can associate with.

I get your point, and it is indeed extremely logical.
But right now the leagues are coupled with countries and decoupling will take a bit of extra work. This was suggested and discussed before and we had pondered about such a change for a long time. We also have some plans for leagues when national teams are introduced, it wont work well with those ideas. This suggestion isn't discarded totally, but let us see how it goes with the current plan of opening 8 more countries. We of course hope to open more leagues in future, and can think about this if it is what time demands.
Herr Ademir
2022-12-02 14:39 Edited by Herr Ademir at 2022-12-02 14:40
My vote goes for brazil