Season 15 Round 8 / 60
Game Time 2022 May 28, 20:16 UTC(+00:00)
Questions to Tegimus
Zingzing
2021-06-06 17:44
Tegimus, a question about retiring players

As I understand, " You cannot sell retiring players any more after one-thirds of the season is over".
But can you still sell a retiring player to the "bank" until the end of the season ?
Thanks
Tegimus
2021-06-06 18:08
Zingzing wrote :

As I understand, " You cannot sell retiring players any more after one-thirds of the season is over".
But can you still sell a retiring player to the "bank" until the end of the season ?
Thanks

Yes, but releasing a retiring player will only give back 10% of his value, so it is your call if you want to pay his wages until the end of the season.
Sometimes it is better to keep using a good player for the full season before he retires, sometimes it might be better to sell him off to a team that he might be more useful. Make a decision based on how useful he will be for your team that season and how much you will lose/gain based on wages/release payback.
Zingzing
2021-06-06 19:41
Tegimus wrote :
Zingzing wrote :

Thanks

Yes, but releasing a retiring player will only give back 10% of his value, so it is your call if you want to pay his wages until the end of the season.
Sometimes it is better to keep using a good player for the full season before he retires, sometimes it might be better to sell him off to a team that he might be more useful. Make a decision based on how useful he will be for your team that season and how much you will lose/gain based on wages/release payback.

Thank you
Ghislain
2021-06-07 10:25
Maybe if it is possible?

When a loan spell will be finisched you can make a bid on the player, when this bid will be accepted he can in the new season join your team?

So you train te player as well end there will be a option to take over te player?
Fathima
2021-06-07 12:15
Ghislain wrote :
Maybe if it is possible?

When a loan spell will be finisched you can make a bid on the player, when this bid will be accepted he can in the new season join your team?

So you train te player as well end there will be a option to take over te player?

When you offer to buy a player it says that if the player is on loan he will continue at his current club until end of season. So i think it is already done just talk to the other manager and agree to get him transfer listed
Alex Shapov
2021-06-09 10:52 Edited by Alex Shapov at 2021-06-09 10:53
From tutorial: "Also a higher youth academy will develop young talents faster and they will be ready for professional football at a much younger age."
Does it mean that the higher youth academy you have the better players you got (skill wise)?
Tegimus
2021-06-09 11:13
Alex Shapov wrote :
From tutorial: "Also a higher youth academy will develop young talents faster and they will be ready for professional football at a much younger age."
Does it mean that the higher youth academy you have the better players you got (skill wise)?

No the players generated are of similar rating.
But you get younger players, and in less rounds as you level up your academy
EiPiX
2021-06-09 13:29
Tegimus perhaps you could shed some light towards this issue - I got 2 GKs with the same age and 1 point difference in potential, yet my main GK has higher learning and out progressed the other goalie last season, which makes sense. 33 attribute growth compared to 22.
However until now this season its the other way round (5 vs 0), how could it be possible that my 21 yr. old hasn't progressed in 6 rounds?
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/53352
Tegimus
2021-06-09 14:09 Edited by Tegimus at 2021-06-09 14:10
EiPiX wrote :
Tegimus perhaps you could shed some light towards this issue - I got 2 GKs with the same age and 1 point difference in potential, yet my main GK has higher learning and out progressed the other goalie last season, which makes sense. 33 attribute growth compared to 22.
However until now this season its the other way round (5 vs 0), how could it be possible that my 21 yr. old hasn't progressed in 6 rounds?
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/53352

You would have already noticed this towards end of last season if you had observed them closely. I will explain.

The factors affecting player gains are:
1. Coaches: The better your coach's attribute in the area your player is trained, he improves better
2. Training Centre: The higher your training centre level, the faster your players gain
3. Learning attribute: the higher it is the faster they improve
4. Potential of the player: Gaining slows down as the player approaches his potential
5. Current value of the skill he is training: A player's attribute becomes harder to improve as it goes higher and higher

Regarding the above factors, number 5 was not there before season 3 and was introduced newly during last season. For point number 4, earlier it was not a linear drop and it started slowing down only after a certain point, but it was made a smooth drop in training speed last season. So these two changes combined started to give you an impression that the training speed has gone down, even though the maximum gains any player would achieve would remain the same if trained in the same way, before the changes were made and after the changes.

But now what you would see is players will gain much faster when their attributes are low, and with every attribute they improve the speed start to go down slightly in a smooth linear manner. Hope that explains why your goalkeeper who already has a higher rating seems to improve slower than your other goalkeeper.
EiPiX
2021-06-09 15:35
Oke thanks for the response, it's only my 2nd season and the difference felt almost a bit buggy for me comparing it to last season but I think I understand it now.
Alex Shapov
2021-06-09 16:24
Tegimus wrote :
Alex Shapov wrote :

No the players generated are of similar rating.
But you get younger players, and in less rounds as you level up your academy

Thank you!
Zingzing
2021-06-09 19:37
Hi Tegimus ,

There's a question I've been wanting to ask you for a long time but I kept on forgetting it ;)
My question is about players' "feet"
Ok, a player can be left-footed (for example GREAT for left foot and GOOD for the right foot) , one can be ambidextrous (GREAT for both feet for example)
What is the difference between 2 right-footed players with one having AMAZING and the other having GOOD for the right foot ?
Can you find in the game players with AVERAGE for both feet ? So what's the consequence in their play ?
I hope I have been clear enough , sorry if it isn't the case
Tegimus
2021-06-10 06:24 Edited by Tegimus at 2021-06-10 06:26
A higher rating in a foot helps a player to use that foot better in match situations, and hence will be more effective in positions where he needs to use that foot more.

Let's consider the scenario of your DR trying to tackle the opponent's AML. If the AML is left footed, your DR will perform the tackle attempt better if he has a high right foot since the AML will be more comfortable on his left (which is the right side of the DR). But if the AML is right footed and is against a right footed DR, it is easier for him to dribble past the DR but will find it hard delivering an accurate cross or pass since he is on the left side of the pitch. But he might/can cut inside and attempt shots or through balls.

So generally it is better to play a player with high right foot on the right side of the pitch, and one with a high left foot on the left. But there might be situations where you might want to do the opposite, based on which player of the opponent that player is likely to face. If the player is good on both feet then he will do good on both sides equally.
Zingzing
2021-06-10 09:01
Tegimus wrote :
A higher rating in a foot helps a player to use that foot better in match situations, and hence will be more effective in positions where he needs to use that foot more.

Let's consider the scenario of your DR trying to tackle the opponent's AML. If the AML is left footed, your DR will perform the tackle attempt better if he has a high right foot since the AML will be more comfortable on his left (which is the right side of the DR). But if the AML is right footed and is against a right footed DR, it is easier for him to dribble past the DR but will find it hard delivering an accurate cross or pass since he is on the left side of the pitch. But he might/can cut inside and attempt shots or through balls.

So generally it is better to play a player with high right foot on the right side of the pitch, and one with a high left foot on the left. But there might be situations where you might want to do the opposite, based on which player of the opponent that player is likely to face. If the player is good on both feet then he will do good on both sides equally.

No problem about that because you explained it before.
What I was wondering about is the fact that a player's strong foot can only be GOOD for some. Is there a difference between a player's strong foot wich is AMAZING and another player whose strong foot is only GOOD for example ?
Tegimus
2021-06-10 09:14
Zingzing wrote :
What I was wondering about is the fact that a player's strong foot can only be GOOD for some. Is there a difference between a player's strong foot wich is AMAZING and another player whose strong foot is only GOOD for example ?

Yes a player with a higher foot rating will have a slight advantage in ball control calculations.
Zingzing
2021-06-10 10:46
Tegimus wrote :
Zingzing wrote :

Yes a player with a higher foot rating will have a slight advantage in ball control calculations.

Thanks
Burro
2021-06-10 15:06
Someone asked on live chat if AM's get a penalty for playing at DM and vice-versa. The tutorial makes it look like there is no difference between them, so I'm going on a limb and make this assumption:

- AM's get no penalty for playing as DM's and vice-versa.

If this statement is false, I apologize for wasting your time and you can ignore the rest of the message.
If true, I have a list of more assumptions which would be awesome to have confirmed:

- AM's get more flexibility (out-of-position) penalty than a DM for playing as a Defender, the opposite also being truth for playing as a Forward.
- Apart from the previous penalty position statement, the only fundamental difference between AM's and DM's are the skills they are born with (AM's with more offensive skills, DM's with defensive).
- If, for example, I have 5 AM's and 0 DM's, it's perfectly fine to train 1 of those AM's in defensive skills and "convert" him into a world-class DM.

I hope you can bring us some clarity on this matter and allow us to prepare our squad better for the future. Thanks for your time.
Tegimus
2021-06-10 15:22
The first assumption is wrong.
DMs and AMs can both play at the third row in the pitch (ML,MLC, MC, MRC,MR positions) without any penalty.
But AMs playing in the second row (DML,DMLC,DMC,DMRC,DMR positions) will have an out of position penalty. Similarly DMs will also have a penalty for playing in the fourth row (AML,AMLC,AMC,AMRC,AMR positions).

The maximum out of position penalty goes for a GK playing in an outfield position and vice versa.
The minimum penalty is for WFs playing at AML/AMR/FLC/FRC and WBs playing at DML/DMR/DLC/DRC
And all other out of position players will have a penalty in between these two and as they move further away from their natural positions the penalty increases.
Raderian
2021-06-10 15:35 Edited by Raderian at 2021-06-10 15:55
What does it mean that a player has a certain potential (e.g. 70)?
A: Is in the maximum overall ability that he can ever reach?
B: Is an average maximum ability but he can reach even a higher one in special conditions (e.g. with coaches, better training center)
C: Is the maximum level for (each of) his skills?
D: Something else?

Edit: reading a bit more through the tutorial I think it's actually C but a confirmation does not hurt :)
Tegimus
2021-06-10 18:14
No it is not maximum level for "each" of his skills, it is the maximum "the average of all his skills" can reach.

A potential of 60 means a player can reach 60 in each of his skills, but he can go above 60 in one skill by keeping another skill below 60. But the average can only go upto a maximum of 60.

So theoretically you can train all the key skills of every player to the maximum by sacrificing skills that are not important. But practically, as you approach a player's potential, the training speed comes down. Also as the value of a skill gets higher, that too further slows down training of that particular skill. So it will be really hard to train a player with a lower potential to the same level as a higher potential one (given the learning attribute is the same for both)