Season 9 Round 51 / 60
Game Time 2021 Dec 09, 04:36 UTC(+00:00)
Questions to Tegimus
Pelé
2021-04-18 18:34
1 - Positioning is important to GK's? Because they have Handling and that's related to position, as this influence antecipations of ball trajectory. So, once more, is Positioning important and if yes, how this influences in-game?

2 - About Flair, how that exactly works? I read the tutorial but still don't get it 100%. How it works in general, how it works for defence players and the level of relevance of having players with good Flair.

3 - Flexibility. Having a five-star Flexibility player means that I can use it in any position without big porcentage punishments? Can you talk more about that? Maybe some numbers and porcentages to the community undertand better.
Tegimus
2021-04-19 03:50
1. Positioning attribute is important to ALL players. Before the match engine calculates the outcome of an event, it checks for positioning of the players involved and applies an appropriate weightage to the other attributes needed for the player to succeed in that situation. This makes it an important attribute for every player, including goalkeepers.

For example, if a player makes a pass, the receiver of the pass needs good positioning to overcome his marker or get into the good position to receive the pass. When a player gets into a tackle, he needs to be in a good position to execute the tackle successfully. A goalkeeper needs to be in a good position before his handling or reflex attributes are used to check if he can save a shot.

Speed is also important for outfield players to get into the desired position before the opponent gets there.

2. Flair is mostly used for attacking situations, to determine if a player will try a dribble or a shot from long range, or to try attacking runs to overcome his opponent. It does not matter at all during defending, but can be useful for defenders too when they are attacking. For example when you are playing with an attacking mentality and the defender is supporting an attack, or during set pieces when the defender goes forward.

3. When a player is playing out of his position, each of his attributes get a certain penalty, based on how far away he is playing from his natural position. A player with high flexibility will get less penalty. At maximum flexibility, the penalty is reduced to up to 25%, means if the normal penalty for playing a player in a certain position is 10%, the penalty is only 2.5% if the player has maximum Flexibility attribute.

Flexibility is not applied to goalkeepers playing in outfield, or outfield players playing as a goalkeeper. So regardless of their flexibility, two goalkeepers will have the same penalty applied when they play in another position.
Pelé
2021-04-20 07:38
What's the base porcentage penalty to WF player playing in AM, MC, MF? I know there is something like that planned for the future but can you tell us? There is a lot of good WF players that can be used in other positions but I always have doubt, I imagine others users have too.
Alex Shapov
2021-04-20 09:46
What's the point in allowing managers to keep their teams without logging in for weeks? I think that it gives nothing to the gameplay and even worse - prevents new managers (who can be active) from taking the teams in the top leagues.
Fathima
2021-04-20 11:12
It was mentioned in this news that inactive users will be removed.
Changes for Season 2.
Hope they start removing them soon enough.
Ray
2021-04-20 11:50 Edited by Ray at 2021-04-20 11:52
I think there is a time limit of 28 days.
Tegimus
2021-04-20 12:55
There will be a time limit of 28 days from next season onwards. We are just being a bit more liberal till then, and sending regular email reminders hoping to get those managers back if we can.
Tyler
2021-04-20 14:08
Hi Tegamus, I will use this thread to ask you another question of my own. What is next in store for F4F? What are the next changes that are soon coming to the game?
Tegimus
2021-04-20 15:08
As I had mentioned before, there is a big list under our consideration. But adjusting the simulator/match engine to eliminate most of the unpredictable results is our top priority right now. This is hopefully to be updated in some 10 days or so.

We have not completely decided on what to work on next after the match engine fixes. Most likely it would be an improvement in the tactics section for users to save/load tactics more efficiently. Also considering an overhaul to the staff and players on loan bidding system, rather than the player/staff deciding where to move to, we plan to give more control for the managers on the results of the bidding process
Tegimus
2021-04-20 15:17 Edited by Tegimus at 2021-04-20 15:18
Pelé wrote :
What's the base porcentage penalty to WF player playing in AM, MC, MF? I know there is something like that planned for the future but can you tell us? There is a lot of good WF players that can be used in other positions but I always have doubt, I imagine others users have too.

It is better to keep the exact numbers a secret, but I can assure you that the penalty is very minor if you play a CF as WF or vice versa. You can say that the penalty increases with every slot they move away from their natural position.
Tyler
2021-04-20 15:24
Tegimus wrote :
As I had mentioned before, there is a big list under our consideration. But adjusting the simulator/match engine to eliminate most of the unpredictable results is our top priority right now. This is hopefully to be updated in some 10 days or so.

We have not completely decided on what to work on next after the match engine fixes. Most likely it would be an improvement in the tactics section for users to save/load tactics more efficiently. Also considering an overhaul to the staff and players on loan bidding system, rather than the player/staff deciding where to move to, we plan to give more control for the managers on the results of the bidding process

Alright, thank you for the heads up.
Zingzing
2021-04-20 19:30
My turn to use this thread too : I was wondering about experience.

Is Experience gained just by taking part in an official game (I let aside the friendlies) or by playing a minimum amount of minutes ?

Thanks
Tegimus
2021-04-21 04:06
Experience is gained by playing matches. It depends on the below things.

1. Number of minutes played by the player during the match
2. The experience of other players in his OWN team when he was playing, and the difference of the player's own experience to the team's average experience
3. The importance of the competition he was playing in

So if a player with low experience plays 90 minutes surrounded by highly experienced players, he is likely to get the most experience gain.
Zingzing
2021-04-21 06:01
Thanks Tegimus
元気
2021-04-21 12:36
My turn to ask a question! :D

Is speed important for goalkeepers as well? I know that positioning along with the main attributes are important as well, so is speed important too for goalkeepers?
Tegimus
2021-04-21 13:12
元気 wrote :
Is speed important for goalkeepers as well? I know that positioning along with the main attributes are important as well, so is speed important too for goalkeepers?

Not always.
Speed for goalkeepers is used only in set piece situations where the goalkeeper is trying to come out and intercept or get hold of the ball.
元気
2021-04-21 14:03
Tegimus wrote :
元気 wrote :

Not always.
Speed for goalkeepers is used only in set piece situations where the goalkeeper is trying to come out and intercept or get hold of the ball.

Sounds good, thank you :)
Pelé
2021-04-25 03:32
1- It was said in the tutorial that there is no base % punishment to AM or DM playing MC and ML/MR. What about WF play playing FLC/FLR/FC?

2 - What exactly does a DMR/DML? In which situations is worthed deploying WB players to DMR/DML? There is punishment in this situation?
Tegimus
2021-04-25 07:28
Base punishment depends on how far is the assigned position of the player from his natural position. So a CB playing as DML/DMR will have more penalty than a WB playing there.

But this penalty is very negligible if the player has the right attributes to play there. If your WB has good passing skills, he will do well as a DMR/DML. So it is better to always look at individual attributes than the rating or position of the player.

Having said that, make sure you don't play the player too far from his natural position. A CB might not do well as a CF even if he has high shooting or heading skills. But nearby positions are just fine.
Pelé
2021-04-26 22:02 Edited by Pelé at 2021-04-27 01:00
1 - You already increased the limit of tactical changes?

2 - About assigned roles (freekicker, penalty, corner), what happens if I don't choose anyone and leave it blank?