Season 19 Round 6 / 60
Game Time 2022 Oct 02, 13:21 UTC(+00:00)
Questions to Tegimus
Bill Beaver
2021-10-02 06:34
Regarding the 30-game limit on experience gains, does this mean that a player who has started 30 league or cup games will not get experience gains in season-end playoff matches?

Also, does a league/cup game count towards the 30-game limit only if the player takes the field during the match (so sitting on the subs bench doesn't count)?
lee1950
2021-10-02 07:16
Hi, Bill.

The 30-match limit on XP only applies to Friendly Matches. League/Cup matches always give XP. Here's the section on Friendlies.

https://www.f4football.com/tutorial/game_basics/custom_competitions The section you will want to refer to is "Experience Gain Limitations".

GL!
Zingzing
2021-10-02 07:18 Edited by Zingzing at 2021-10-02 07:19
No, Bill. the 30-game limit on experience gains are only for friendlies. You player can play all official games + 30 friendlies for XP gains
Good season

NB ; Sorry Lee , was a tad late :)
Fathima
2021-10-02 07:18
Bill Beaver wrote :
Regarding the 30-game limit on experience gains, does this mean that a player who has started 30 league or cup games will not get experience gains in season-end playoff matches?

Also, does a league/cup game count towards the 30-game limit only if the player takes the field during the match (so sitting on the subs bench doesn't count)?

The limit is only for friendly/custom matches. There is no limit for regular matches, players gain experience from EVERY regular match played.

Players gain experience for every minute they play, so more minutes means more gains.
The first 30 custom matches are enabled for experience gains by default, but if you do not want your players to gain xp from a particular custom match (due to some player that you want to gain xp cannot be played due to injury/low fitness etc.), you can disable that match for xp gains. You can do that from the Competitions > My Matches menu in the Custom Matches tab, click the green button on the left to turn it to red.
Bill Beaver
2021-10-02 07:24
Thank you, Fathima. Very helpful.
howie1234
2021-10-03 14:34
Anyone know where I went very, very wrong in this match - https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/6282

thanks
Fathima
2021-10-03 19:05 Edited by Fathima at 2021-10-03 19:06
howie1234 wrote :
Anyone know where I went very, very wrong in this match - https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/6282

thanks

Experience of your players matter. A lot.
Never trust player ratings, look at individual attributes - positioning and speed are key attributes for all players and more important than you think as far as I have seen.
If you are playing away from home, especially against a stronger or similar team, respect the opponent. Home advantage counts.
lee1950
2021-10-03 19:59
I noticed a small oddity in my player stats.
https://www.f4football.com/teams/show/543

I only play one GK, and his stats show 13 Clean Sheets, based on my actual count. However, I have one player showing 17 Clean Sheets; another with 15, and one with 14.

After consulting with Google, lol, I see that it's normal to award a clean sheet for not conceding a goal whilst on the pitch and playing at least 60 minutes (excluding stoppage time). It looks like that's the rule you are using because I know Taruvinga (17) and Mullery (15) often sub for each other at Minute 60, which would account for the differences. So it's probably not a bug, but I just wanted to check. Thanks!
howie1234
2021-10-04 10:05
Thanks Fathima
Fathima
2021-10-04 11:09
lee1950 wrote :
I noticed a small oddity in my player stats.
https://www.f4football.com/teams/show/543

I only play one GK, and his stats show 13 Clean Sheets, based on my actual count. However, I have one player showing 17 Clean Sheets; another with 15, and one with 14.

After consulting with Google, lol, I see that it's normal to award a clean sheet for not conceding a goal whilst on the pitch and playing at least 60 minutes (excluding stoppage time). It looks like that's the rule you are using because I know Taruvinga (17) and Mullery (15) often sub for each other at Minute 60, which would account for the differences. So it's probably not a bug, but I just wanted to check. Thanks!

yes this question was raised before and tegimus had confirmed that is the case
lee1950
2021-10-04 15:51
Fathima wrote :
yes this question was raised before and tegimus had confirmed that is the case

Thanks, Fathima!
Duke1UP
2021-10-09 19:08
A question about fitness-based substitution -> when selecting position, does 'in midfield' overlaps attacking and defensive midfield too?
Tegimus
2021-10-10 05:27
Duke1UP wrote :
A question about fitness-based substitution -> when selecting position, does 'in midfield' overlaps attacking and defensive midfield too?

At the moment, No. "Midfield" means ML,MR,MLC,MRC,MC positions.
This will be improved soon to allow choosing wide and central positions separately.
Duke1UP
2021-10-11 08:01
Got it. Thanks Tegimus!
wiznoo
2021-10-16 23:32
Sp what is up with players' morale? sorry, maybe I missed a discussion, but it has become much harder to keep it up this season.
Fathima
2021-10-17 05:38
wiznoo wrote :
Sp what is up with players' morale? sorry, maybe I missed a discussion, but it has become much harder to keep it up this season.

All players started at 90 morale this season.
wiznoo
2021-10-17 15:14
Fathima wrote :
wiznoo wrote :

True, but even with that it seems morale is harder to get back up and falls more easily. Is there anything besides playing in a winning match to get it back up?
TummyZ
2021-10-17 17:11
wiznoo wrote :
Fathima wrote :
wiznoo wrote :

True, but even with that it seems morale is harder to get back up and falls more easily. Is there anything besides playing in a winning match to get it back up?

no, only way to get your morale back up is by winning matches.
Fathima
2021-10-17 17:19
TummyZ wrote :no, only way to get your morale back up is by winning matches.

Or from friendlies/custom tourneys. You get 2-3 morale back per match from them regardless of the result.
Şövalyeler
2021-10-17 18:25
Fathima wrote :
TummyZ wrote :no, only way to get your morale back up is by winning matches.

Or from friendlies/custom tourneys. You get 2-3 morale back per match from them regardless of the result.

Even though two of my players play at friendly matches, their morale drops. Do they think themself good enough to play in first squad :)) Other reserves except transfer listed have 100 morale but my two proud reserve players have 82 morale.