Season 36 Round 47 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 19, 01:03 UTC(+00:00)
Drop friendlies income
Alex Kalinin
2023-01-20 23:39
Arranging 60 friendlies per season is, in my opinion, the most boring part of the game. On the other hand, you can't really afford to skip matches, since this will result less revenue compared to other teams which is not huge, but will quickly add up (60 games = ~ 6 mil). My suggestion is to drop income from friendlies, to get rid of this chore. This will halve the amount of must-have games per season. The rest could be arranged when needed to build up morale or test tactics. This could potentially make tournaments more popular, since a lot of managers arrange friendlies in advance, long before the game, and can't cancel it in favor of a tournament if they have a spontaneous wish to join. Overall, this will make game less tedious and more fun for people who dislike friendlies.
Herr Ademir
2023-01-21 00:34
You can join Custom Cups
Kasper A.
2023-01-21 05:38
Yeah just join custom cups and use the same tactic in all friendlines. Then you have to spend 10 min in total per season
Fathima
2023-01-21 08:22
You have to play atleast 30 friendlies anyways, else you will get behind on xp gains too and not just income.
And friendlies also provide a very valuable and guaranteed morale gain between a lost match and your next competitive match. You get 2-3 morale per friendly for all players who played even 1 min in the game - do not underestimate that extra 2 points in morale for 14 players, that can be a huge boost if you are playing teams close to your rating.

If you find it hard to arrange friendlies for every round, just create or join a custom cup. If you are a plus member you don't have to worry about your match getting accepted, a bot will join if nobody else joins until the beginning of the round of the friendly. Cups are also guaranteed to go ahead now once created. And in your tactics page, select a predefined tactic under "Custom Match Tactics" if you are short of time, that selected tactics will be used for every friendly match and cup.
Alex Kalinin
2023-01-21 11:13 Edited by Alex Kalinin at 2023-01-21 11:15
Fathima wrote :
You have to play atleast 30 friendlies anyways, else you will get behind on xp gains too and not just income.
And friendlies also provide a very valuable and guaranteed morale gain between a lost match and your next competitive match.

Yeah, just like I said, 30 is more than enough. If I don't need to boost morale, I still need to play to receive money. That doesn't add anything to game except mindless button clicking.

Cups can play matches on time not suitable (at night), so I won't be able to change roster for morning's game. And if you'll be eliminated, you'll still need to arrange more matches.

And using the same roster for custom matches is almost useless, since I constantly need to switch between exp gainers, morale boosters, players I need to save fitness and so on.
Kasper A.
2023-01-21 13:21
1. Choose only custom cups with league format
2. Create two different reserve line ups. One when you need morale boost and one when you dont.
Don-x
2023-01-21 13:58
Its part of the game, it makes the game active too, meanwhile its not a must to play all friendlies.
The income is considered a reward too.
I hate friendly tournaments because i play weak team always.
Alex Kalinin
2023-01-21 16:12
Kasper A. wrote :
1. Choose only custom cups with league format
2. Create two different reserve line ups. One when you need morale boost and one when you dont.

I don't want to play anything beyond xp gain matches. Point of my rant is: you are punished for not doing it.
Alex Kalinin
2023-01-21 16:16
Don-x wrote :
Its part of the game, it makes the game active too, meanwhile its not a must to play all friendlies.
The income is considered a reward too.
I hate friendly tournaments because i play weak team always.

Well, yeah, It's not a must, but you kind of forced to do it, either to gain xp or money. I would prefer that green matches would bring both xp and money, but rest of the games should be both non-xp, non-income and completely optional. That would be a good compromise.
Kasper A.
2023-01-21 16:42
So because you dont want to put in the little required effort no one should have the opportunity. Sounds like a healthy principle.
Marius
2023-01-21 18:51
Alex Kalinin wrote :Well, yeah, It's not a must, but you kind of forced to do it, either to gain xp or money. I would prefer that green matches would bring both xp and money, but rest of the games should be both non-xp, non-income and completely optional. That would be a good compromise.

Who or what is forcing you?
Keith.D
2023-01-22 08:38
All interesting stuff ๐Ÿค” We've only played 2 friendlies & that was pre season. Might have to re assess?
Bill Beaver
2023-01-22 09:25
Keith, yes, really important to play 30 friendlies to gain xp
Alex Kalinin
2023-01-22 20:25 Edited by Alex Kalinin at 2023-01-22 20:29
Keith.D wrote :
All interesting stuff ๐Ÿค” We've only played 2 friendlies & that was pre season. Might have to re assess?

Yes, it's absolutely crutial, you just can't afford to skip this. Still 22 rounds to go this season, you should start right away.

If you have more than 30 friendlies per season, you can choose which matches will gain your players experience by clicking on a red/green circle on thd left on thd custom matches page.
Keith.D
2023-01-22 20:28
Blimey, ok thank you both๐Ÿ‘