Season 36 Round 58 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 24, 14:11 UTC(+00:00)
M.E and Tactics
Jason
2023-03-17 06:57
I have played many football management sims and I'd say this one is really good. However I've been reading the full reports and there's a few things I've noticed that are quite startling. For example, how does a CB make runs in an attacking transition or in other instances, why is a CB in more advanced position than an AM in an attacking transition? Also if I'm playing attacking football why are the only attacking moves by fullbacks longballs?
Secondly is the tactics. Why replace areas of the pitch where pressing occurs with the intensity? Currently what happens is pressing occurs all over.
Then is the absence of CMs in this game. An AM is basically a CM. A CM can play as both an AM and a DM. An AM specifically in position is a 10. What happens if i play a 4-3-3? The AM position in this game suits only a 4-2-3-1/4-1-3-2/3-1-4-2. Why not have the AM and CM positions separated? Or have CMs that can play different roles based on their attributes?

Lastly how do you differentiate an attacking FB from a defensive one if this difference does not exist since they all play the same role currently? Why not use FB/WB to differentiate since currently I see no difference.
Jason
2023-03-17 12:53
The WM position is another. Currently academies don't produce players to play specifically in that position because it's rarely used and WBs and WFs play in it.

Going back to the CM position. There's different types of CMs. Playmaker, box to box and a DM. Since we already have an AM and DM position, why not have a CM to represent the box to box role or condense the two to one position but have them differentiated per their roles/attributes. Currently in this game the AM is primarily for attacking.
Fathima
2023-03-17 13:14 Edited by Fathima at 2023-03-17 13:15
There are a few things like that needs to be fixed. I have also seen that the commentary have not been updated after they changed pressure to intensity.

Hopefully it gets better with the promised tactical update.

As Jason said, may be just keep a CM position and have roles like defensive minded, box to box etc.