Season 37 Pre-Season
Game Time 2024 Apr 27, 13:57 UTC(+00:00)
[Q] Changing the position of a player during a match.
Engin Demir
2023-06-25 12:17
Greetings.

What I want:
* I have a player playing as DM and a AM substitute.
1. Start the game with my DM in the DM position.
2. During halftime, substitute DM with my AM.
3. MOVE my AM's position to CM. (Yes, use my AM in the CM position and for the sake of staying on topic, please avoid any "position change penalty discussion" in this question.

In order to do that, I created a Substitution in the IN_GAME_CHANGES section. In the same rule, I tried this:
1. Substitute Player-DM with Player-AM.
2. Substitute Player-AM with Posiiton_ON_Pitch - MC.

It didn't work. The game didn't even make the initial substitution. Any suggestions?
Uchiha
2023-06-25 12:50
Substitute Player -DM with Position _On_Pitch -MC
•I think Your AM will come In DM position so your 2nd Sub Should be DM to MC not AM to MC
•Also making sure of the DM POSITION _DMC/DMR/DML etc...

°I might be wrong though @Tegimus might give you better explanation :)
Engin Demir
2023-06-25 12:59
Thank you. I'll test that in my friendly match in 30 minutes. Anything for science :)
Uchiha
2023-06-25 13:16
Engin Demir wrote :
Thank you. I'll test that in my friendly match in 30 minutes. Anything for science :)

Cheers.....We took charge on a same season 26 and almost same Rounds 45 and 46...I'm looking forward how far we can go :)
Engin Demir
2023-06-25 13:30
Uchiha wrote :
Engin Demir wrote :

Cheers.....We took charge on a same season 26 and almost same Rounds 45 and 46...I'm looking forward how far we can go :)

Nice! I'd like to say that I'd race you to the top, but I'm not a competitive player. I'll mostly be focused on developing new players (even if they are initially bad). The results in the leagues or cups are just for fun for me.
Engin Demir
2023-06-25 13:42
Uchiha wrote :
Substitute Player -DM with Position _On_Pitch -MC
•I think Your AM will come In DM position so your 2nd Sub Should be DM to MC not AM to MC
•Also making sure of the DM POSITION _DMC/DMR/DML etc...

°I might be wrong though @Tegimus might give you better explanation :)

That WORKED! Thanks a lot.

Just to be clear. I kept everything the same except in the 2nd part, I changed position. So the working function for future people checking this thread:

2. Substitute Position_ON_Pitch-DMC with Position_ON_Pitch - MC

And to avoid confusion, I wanted my AM to play as MC, after replacing a DM.
Fathima
2023-06-26 04:15
Engin Demir wrote :

It didn't work. The game didn't even make the initial substitution. Any suggestions?

This usually works for me. The problem here is not the 2nd point, since you said even the initial sub was not made. Was Player-DM on the pitch when this instruction was supposed to run?
Engin Demir
2023-06-26 11:03
Fathima wrote :
Engin Demir wrote :

This usually works for me. The problem here is not the 2nd point, since you said even the initial sub was not made. Was Player-DM on the pitch when this instruction was supposed to run?

This is the match that tactic didn't work:
https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/92318

And here it worked with the fix:
https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/92377

I believe the problem with the 2nd rule is I tried to change a PLAYER with a POSITION. I selected my AM-Joachin Selim. Maybe that's not possible and the system ruled out the entire thing.

Do you also use it like that? Change a player (actually select the player's name) with a position?
Fathima
2023-06-26 11:09
Change Player with Position also works for me. If there is another player in that position, then they swap positions, else the player just moves to that position. It will be said in the commentary too (X and Y swap positions, or X moves to Z position).

If you can tell me the exact instructions which didnt work, I might be able to help with what went wrong. Changes dont happen only if the Player is not on the pitch (or the rule is turned off obviously).
Engin Demir
2023-06-26 11:23
Fathima wrote :
Change Player with Position also works for me. If there is another player in that position, then they swap positions, else the player just moves to that position. It will be said in the commentary too (X and Y swap positions, or X moves to Z position).

If you can tell me the exact instructions which didnt work, I might be able to help with what went wrong. Changes dont happen only if the Player is not on the pitch (or the rule is turned off obviously).

I already gave the exact information that didn't work. What exactly more do you need?
Fathima
2023-06-26 13:19
I meant time, event etc. Just curious coz even the sub didn't work for you, not just the change of position.