Season 37 Round 43 / 60
Game Time 2024 May 19, 06:59 UTC(+00:00)
FPL Mini League 2023/24
Fathima
2023-07-25 10:38 Edited by Fathima at 2023-07-25 10:45
Tegimus wrote :
I am in it too.

To make things a bit more interesting, I can promise a 30 days F4Football Plus membership to the winner (excluding me of course).

That's very generous of you Tegimus. I ll update my initial post to announce this 😍

One more thing, do you think we should let people outside of the game to join our league? It could work like an advertisement for the game, I can put it on facebook on my wall or other football groups in that case.

EDIT: I have decided to donate 10 coins for the second place. Anyone else who wants to donate to the prize pool can do too, no obligations of course.
Fathima
2023-07-25 10:49 Edited by Fathima at 2023-07-25 10:50
Rhino909 wrote :
This is the biggest decision to make from my perspective, since it completely alters the formation of the team you have to play with. Went from having both to having none to having Salah only to the current iteration of just Trent with a 3-5-2. Although Salah and Darwin look good in pre-season, and Trent is mainly playing as a central midfielder. But Trent still has corners and free-kicks.

I have none for the moment too, but I am still worried how difficult it will be to get to them if they start the season in form. So might look at it more when we are closer to the deadline.

My current draft:
Fathima
2023-07-26 04:46
Andre73 wrote :
Flekken Verbruggen
Veltman Van Dijk Ake Malacia Timber
Kluivert Riedewald Van de beek Chong Danjuma
Weghorst Gakpo Isak

most of those players might not even start regularly 😢
Rhino909
2023-07-26 06:38
Fathima wrote :
Rhino909 wrote :
This is the biggest decision to make from my perspective, since it completely alters the formation of the team you have to play with. Went from having both to having none to having Salah only to the current iteration of just Trent with a 3-5-2. Although Salah and Darwin look good in pre-season, and Trent is mainly playing as a central midfielder. But Trent still has corners and free-kicks.

I have none for the moment too, but I am still worried how difficult it will be to get to them if they start the season in form. So might look at it more when we are closer to the deadline.

My current draft:

Double Chelsea defense? That's bold. I am still waiting on news about Raya. I have a tough time believing he will be second-choice goalkeeper if he ends up not moving in the summer transfer window. Also stuck on which Brighton midfielder to get. March looks more locked for minutes than Mitoma. Gross could be on penalties.
Fathima
2023-07-26 06:46 Edited by Fathima at 2023-07-26 06:47
Gusto is just a cheap defender who is likely to get a lot of minutes, I would never have to really play my 5th defender unless in extreme cases coz I prefer a 3-5-2 formation.
I prefer a 4.5m GK who is nailed, so right now Flekken, Pickford and Leno are my options. My GK can change if Flekken is not first choice for Brentford, but if I am going for a 5m one, there are much better teams to pick from. Not considering Onana, Ramsdale or Martinez at the moment coz I will want to have Shaw, an Arsenal defender or Moreno in my team at some point and I dont like to double up in defense.
Brighton mid is only until first 3-4 gameweeks and Mitoma is likely to start in all the opening fixtures. Want to get Eze in for him as soon as Palace get their fixtures good. Mitoma defenitely tops for expected points than March and Gross , Enciso's minutes are still not clear yet.
Fathima
2023-07-26 08:24
Andre73 wrote :
you all talk about players i dont know

You will get to know more of them Andre when you start following the teams and matches. For now, your best bet would be to check "teams selected by" for each player to know how popular they are.
Rhino909
2023-07-27 16:13
Fathima wrote :
Gusto is just a cheap defender who is likely to get a lot of minutes, I would never have to really play my 5th defender unless in extreme cases coz I prefer a 3-5-2 formation.
I prefer a 4.5m GK who is nailed, so right now Flekken, Pickford and Leno are my options. My GK can change if Flekken is not first choice for Brentford, but if I am going for a 5m one, there are much better teams to pick from. Not considering Onana, Ramsdale or Martinez at the moment coz I will want to have Shaw, an Arsenal defender or Moreno in my team at some point and I dont like to double up in defense.
Brighton mid is only until first 3-4 gameweeks and Mitoma is likely to start in all the opening fixtures. Want to get Eze in for him as soon as Palace get their fixtures good. Mitoma defenitely tops for expected points than March and Gross , Enciso's minutes are still not clear yet.

But the 2 chelsea defenders only gives you one more spot for a Chelsea player (assume you might look at Jackson or Nkunku), but Sterling as a 7M mid may be good value too after the fixture swing in week 4. I am deciding between Pickford or Leno for 4.5M goalkeeper. Fulham may be improving their defense soon, and Vinicius may be a good 5M forward if Mitrovic leaves.
Fathima
2023-07-27 17:33
Rhino909 wrote :But the 2 chelsea defenders only gives you one more spot for a Chelsea player (assume you might look at Jackson or Nkunku), but Sterling as a 7M mid may be good value too after the fixture swing in week 4. I am deciding between Pickford or Leno for 4.5M goalkeeper. Fulham may be improving their defense soon, and Vinicius may be a good 5M forward if Mitrovic leaves.

Good point Rhino. It never struck me. I am not going to need the 5th defender anyways so I might be better off with a low owned one from anewly promoted team.
I will never pick Pickford after a terrible last season and Everton have not improved their defense at all. Leno can be considered but his fixtures are not that great to start, so not sure about having him for GW1. May be for a 0.5m extra I can get Leno and Flekken both just to be safe. I am even considering Ederson as a safe access to that City defense, he is definitely going to play every minute unless he gets into Pep's bad books
Fathima
2023-07-28 03:17
Thank you Mikkel Hansen for donating 10 coins towards the prize pool.

I have updated the original post. We now have 20 coins in the prize pool, how to distribute it among winners can be decided close to the deadline.
Rhino909
2023-07-28 06:25
Fathima wrote :
Rhino909 wrote :But the 2 chelsea defenders only gives you one more spot for a Chelsea player (assume you might look at Jackson or Nkunku), but Sterling as a 7M mid may be good value too after the fixture swing in week 4. I am deciding between Pickford or Leno for 4.5M goalkeeper. Fulham may be improving their defense soon, and Vinicius may be a good 5M forward if Mitrovic leaves.

Good point Rhino. It never struck me. I am not going to need the 5th defender anyways so I might be better off with a low owned one from anewly promoted team.
I will never pick Pickford after a terrible last season and Everton have not improved their defense at all. Leno can be considered but his fixtures are not that great to start, so not sure about having him for GW1. May be for a 0.5m extra I can get Leno and Flekken both just to be safe. I am even considering Ederson as a safe access to that City defense, he is definitely going to play every minute unless he gets into Pep's bad books

That's a good point on Pickford; was only considering because of the great fixtures starting out. Maybe the Crystal Palace GK if they decide to stay with Johnston? (I owned Ederson so much last season and he barely got me points...always seems to let in 1 goal a game even if he doesn't fact that many shots on target).
Amahaliel
2023-07-28 06:54
Rhino909 wrote :
Fathima wrote :

That's a good point on Pickford; was only considering because of the great fixtures starting out. Maybe the Crystal Palace GK if they decide to stay with Johnston? (I owned Ederson so much last season and he barely got me points...always seems to let in 1 goal a game even if he doesn't fact that many shots on target).

Ederson doesn't get many points because he faces few shots on goal. Best get a keeper that makes many saves which means more bonus points
Fathima
2023-07-28 10:56 Edited by Fathima at 2023-07-28 10:57
Yes but City have the best cleansheet potential among all teams. That's 4 points even if he doesn't make a single save. To get 4 points from saves, you need 12 saves. And if you lose the cleansheet it is more like your bonus points are gone coz the goal and assist will likely get other players on higher bonus points than you.

So if Ederson can keep 3 out of 4 cleansheets, I prefer him over someone who keeps 1 out of 4. But if the other players is 4.5m and can keep 2 out of 4 cleansheets, then may be I should look at them - likes of Flekken, Steele, Leno etc.
Fathima
2023-07-28 11:04
🏮🏮🏮🏮

1️⃣4️⃣
DAYS TO GO

🏮🏮🏮🏮
Rhino909
2023-07-28 11:11 Edited by Rhino909 at 2023-07-28 11:12
Fathima wrote :
Yes but City have the best cleansheet potential among all teams. That's 4 points even if he doesn't make a single save. To get 4 points from saves, you need 12 saves. And if you lose the cleansheet it is more like your bonus points are gone coz the goal and assist will likely get other players on higher bonus points than you.

So if Ederson can keep 3 out of 4 cleansheets, I prefer him over someone who keeps 1 out of 4. But if the other players is 4.5m and can keep 2 out of 4 cleansheets, then may be I should look at them - likes of Flekken, Steele, Leno etc.

Brighton literally have 3 first choice goalkeepers xD - Sanchez, Steele and Verbruggen. Although de Zerbi doesn't like Sanchez, and Verbruggen is new.

I think the city defense was unlucky in lots of games last year to concede a goal, but lots of players leaving City this season so remains to be seen how they look in defense.
Fathima
2023-07-28 14:31
Rhino909 wrote :
Brighton literally have 3 first choice goalkeepers xD - Sanchez, Steele and Verbruggen. Although de Zerbi doesn't like Sanchez, and Verbruggen is new.

That exactly is the problem with 4.5m GKs this season. Brighton , Brentford and West Ham first choices are still unclear. We can never be surewho'll start before the first games are played. De Zerbi might even change GKs in the middle of the season.

5m GKs are safer but then they are from teams that we might need to consider having a defender from. Same goes for Allison. But for Ederson, he and Haaland are the only 100% nailed players under the Pep roulette. Stones who is kind of 95% nailed is also 5.5m.

But I hate having to spend that extra 1m on a GK bcoz he has the lowest ceiling for points among all players. But if the situation is not clear with the 4.5m ones then why not go with the safer choice?
Rhino909
2023-07-28 16:17
Fathima wrote :
Rhino909 wrote :

That exactly is the problem with 4.5m GKs this season. Brighton , Brentford and West Ham first choices are still unclear. We can never be surewho'll start before the first games are played. De Zerbi might even change GKs in the middle of the season.

5m GKs are safer but then they are from teams that we might need to consider having a defender from. Same goes for Allison. But for Ederson, he and Haaland are the only 100% nailed players under the Pep roulette. Stones who is kind of 95% nailed is also 5.5m.

But I hate having to spend that extra 1m on a GK bcoz he has the lowest ceiling for points among all players. But if the situation is not clear with the 4.5m ones then why not go with the safer choice?

All true. That's why Leno interested me, but that's contingent on Fulham getting defensive transfers in. I was thinking Ake as a slightly cheaper 5M defender, but yeah don't know if he will actually play most matches. Akanji would be the backup option. Although if Cancelo is staying that's another dilemma xD.
Fathima
2023-07-29 09:08
🏮🏮🏮🏮

1️⃣3️⃣
DAYS TO GO

🏮🏮🏮🏮
Amahaliel
2023-07-29 13:51
Rhino909 wrote :
Fathima wrote :

I think the city defense was unlucky in lots of games last year to concede a goal, but lots of players leaving City this season so remains to be seen how they look in defense.

Laporte, Walker and Cancelo might all leave.
They're only adding Gvardiol to the defence. I think Rico Lewis takes Walker's place.
They'll also probably concede less this season since Pep is going to be playing pure defenders in the back 4.
Amahaliel
2023-07-29 13:53
What do you guys think of Onana?
Fathima
2023-07-29 15:02 Edited by Fathima at 2023-07-29 15:05
Jason wrote :
What do you guys think of Onana?

Man Utd very very tight at the back last season, so a lot of cleansheet potential. He and Ramsdale are a bargain at 5m.

Problem is that you might want a Man Utd or an Arsenal defender, atleast at some point, so it is better not to commit a place with a GK. Onana has a big ownership % right now probably coz he is cheaper than Shaw who is the other guaranteed gateway to that defense, but Shaw's points ceiling is much higher when he plays at left back so paying 0.5m extra for him is worth it