Season 37 Round 20 / 60
Game Time 2024 May 07, 17:55 UTC(+00:00)
Ideas for different time for matches
Floppy
2023-10-09 21:18
Hello, I think something that would make the game and seasons more interesting would be to set matches at different time and day, because right now all the matches are played at the same time which makes no sense, and therefor the scoreboard is kind of easy to guess or predict, if some players would have 1 or 2 matches in advance, it could be interesting.
Engin Demir
2023-10-10 04:54
On the contrary, it makes perfect sense.

Teams play matches at different times in real life because of real-life limitations like; sponsorship deals, TV rights, attendance, and referee arrangements. We have none of those here in a virtual environment.

Furthermore, even in real life, all important final matches are played simultaneously so no team gains an unfair advantage. You can see this, especially in Cup matches like World Cup or Champions League.

Finally, some teams playing more matches in less time would give them an unfair disadvantage because of tiredness. That's outright unacceptable.
Floppy
2023-10-10 10:40
Yes and no, I thought this game was based on realism, but obviously it's a fantasy game now.... I mean this argument of virtual environment makes no sense to me, otherwise why don't we take all the aspect of the game and modify them to "your needs", also I thought about the "tiredness" issue, and you could just preset the matches so they are all spaced the same it won't change anything, or you could do a ratio based on the time difference between matches they regenerate plus or minus rest. It's really not an issue. And again real life is what we are trying to replicate in any games. Otherwise this game would make no sense at all if it was all based on fantasy. And I don't like when we take only the good, and don't try to make the bad better, but still incorporate it into the game. Realism = immersion to me that's the most important thing.

If I follow your argument, because it's a virtual environment we can give the players guns or magical powers, and they can use it from time to time, to gain an advantage, and yet we don't do that, because we follow the real life rules...
Alex Kalinin
2023-10-10 12:11
This would make friendlies arrangement even more tedios, since you will constantly have to check at what time is your game at the particular round.
Herr Ademir
2023-10-10 16:17
I don't like, because of friendlies and because it as very convenient when you know all your matches time to know when to login to set up a tactic or view a result.

Imagine that you have a league match 02:00am and beacause your opponent set a CC match for 04:00, you need to login between 02:00 to 04:00 to set up a tactic.
Rhino909
2023-10-10 16:23
I don't imagine its logistically possible given the game season runs on rounds with various inter-league competitions also in play.
Fathima
2023-10-10 17:20
Personally I like more realism. But practically in such a fast paced game it will make it harder for everyone to keep themselves up with changing timings. Will become a problem to get into tournaments. And not to mention people living in different timezones, matches may even interfere with their sleep.
Guildmaster Chax
2023-10-11 04:55
Fathima wrote :
matches may even interfere with their sleep.

and this already happened before the match time was changed to the current one a few seasons back. one of my matches was played at 2 AM, heh.
Floppy
2023-10-11 11:13
Yeah for European people, matches are played at 4 in the morning how does it not interfere with sleep ? All the excuses I heard so far are just selfish personal ones, instead of making the game better, but whatever.