Season 37 Round 2 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 28, 16:02 UTC(+00:00)
Morale
Neil Roberts
2024-02-10 21:09
So for a long time now I've tried to figure out why the morale for some teams stays high even though they have been constantly losing matches but I just can't fathom it. My next opponent's players always seem to have 100% morale even though they have only won 2 games all season.
Can somebody please tell me how morale can be kept so high. Many thanks in advance.
Fathima
2024-02-11 04:32
Firstly, you lose less morale if you lose to teams stronger than you in rating. So losing/drawing matches that you could have won has worse impact on your player's morale than losing against stronger teams.

Second, you can gain morale by winning, and also by playing friendlies. Friendly matches give you guaranteed 2-3 morale gain regardless of win/loss for all players involved. So use friendlies to improve morale of 14 players every round (11 + 3 sub)
Neil Roberts
2024-02-12 08:24
Ah, that must be it. Many thanks Fathima. I've never tried friendlies, do they affect fitness?
DarthCloud
2024-02-12 08:43
Neil Roberts wrote :
Ah, that must be it. Many thanks Fathima. I've never tried friendlies, do they affect fitness?

Yes, they affect fitness but they are also very important for XP gaining.
Every season you have 30 friendly matches with XP gain for players that play that matches.
You can set the XP gain in the Competition > My Matches > Custom matches, green circle means that match wil give XP, red circle means that match won't give XP.
Every official match obviously give XP to players that plays that match.
Fathima
2024-02-12 11:11
DarthCloud wrote :
Neil Roberts wrote :

Yes, they affect fitness but they are also very important for XP gaining.
Every season you have 30 friendly matches with XP gain for players that play that matches.
You can set the XP gain in the Competition > My Matches > Custom matches, green circle means that match wil give XP, red circle means that match won't give XP.
Every official match obviously give XP to players that plays that match.

Just to elaborate on friendlies and experience gaining a bit more:
You can play one friendly per round. 60 per season. But only 30 out of those 60 can give xp gains to players. You can choose which ones you want to enable/disable xp gains from My Matches pages as DarthCloud suggested. And since they affect fitness, make sure you play in a timeslot which gives enough time for players to recover before your next regular match.

Please read my blog about xp gaining in detail
https://www.f4football.com/blogs/show/167
Neil Roberts
2024-02-14 07:37
Brilliant information, thanks guys
Neil Roberts
2024-02-19 22:12
If I change a friendly so it shows a red circle rather than a green circle will that friendly now affect Morale instead of Exp?
HoudeRat
2024-02-20 02:17
Neil Roberts wrote :
If I change a friendly so it shows a red circle rather than a green circle will that friendly now affect Morale instead of Exp?

All friendlies improve morale. Only ones with a green circle improve experience.
Neil Roberts
2024-02-20 07:41
HoudeRat wrote :
Neil Roberts wrote :

All friendlies improve morale. Only ones with a green circle improve experience.

Cheers :o)