Season 36 Round 46 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 18, 20:03 UTC(+00:00)
Changes for Season 22
Kasper A.
2022-12-04 07:19
Don-x wrote :
What we argue is that what should the lvl 4 produce a 16y and why should lvl 8 have 2x 16y.
The difference with lvl 12 that cost 100round/60m to build is just the extra pull that cost 100% which will never be paid, because of the balance of the yth gen.
To me its a bad move. @tegimus

Lets say you get a decent pull every 9. pull then it will take 3 seasons with level 12, 5 seasons with level 8 and 9 seasons with level 4 to get two decent pulls
Bill Beaver
2022-12-04 08:31
I agree with Kasper. There's a huge potential benefit of 3 pulls at higher levels compared to 2 at lvl 8 - improving the choice of youths to promote and their quality.
Ello
2022-12-04 08:57
Maybe the cost of a 3rd youth could be set at 75% instead of 100% which would offer a benefit to those managers who have fully developed YA
Don-x
2022-12-04 09:42
Kasper A. wrote :
Don-x wrote :
What we argue is that what should the lvl 4 produce a 16y and why should lvl 8 have 2x 16y.
The difference with lvl 12 that cost 100round/60m to build is just the extra pull that cost 100% which will never be paid, because of the balance of the yth gen.
To me its a bad move. @tegimus

Lets say you get a decent pull every 9. pull then it will take 3 seasons with level 12, 5 seasons with level 8 and 9 seasons with level 4 to get two decent pulls

Don't think thats how it work, beside those teams that buy 16y from us will be limited as they get it @lvl 4.
Kasper A.
2022-12-04 10:08
Of course it is not how it works. There is a probalility. I’ve only had one decent pull in the last 15 pulls. You make it sound like you get a decent pull every time. I dont understand your logic at all.
Don-x
2022-12-04 10:25
Kasper A. wrote :
Of course it is not how it works. There is a probalility. I’ve only had one decent pull in the last 15 pulls. You make it sound like you get a decent pull every time. I dont understand your logic at all.

What am saying is that lvl 4 should be considered too low for the youngest yth pull.
At lvl 8 getting double 16y makes lvl 12 useless and lvl 12 cost premium 30m per season compare to lvl 8.
Kasper A.
2022-12-04 10:31
I give up. I think lvl 12 is worth it.
Michael
2022-12-04 10:38
Kasper A. wrote :

I've had more good pulls than bad, but to be fair I'm not sure I'd still class them as good pulls if I had them now. 4.5 potential is a minimum now - it wasn't then (for me at least).

My lack of interest in going above level 8 stems from the fact that having a good pull reduces your chance of getting one the next time. That makes me think that you're unlikely to have 2 good pulls from your 3 selections.

My historic happiness with my pulls makes me think I am going to get a decent pull from my choice of 2 and that I won't get more than that from the third selection.

If it was genuinely a straight probability with no restriction then level 12 would be useful - I'd still be paranoid at 9-11 that my decent pull would fall on the older player though so would be reluctant given the time to get there
Bill Beaver
2022-12-04 10:41
I agree that high potential is key for players who will play in the top flight. But isn't there something to be said for quick learning players with more modest potential, players who will valuable to teams aiming for promotion?
Michael
2022-12-04 11:01
Bill Beaver wrote :
I agree that high potential is key for players who will play in the top flight. But isn't there something to be said for quick learning players with more modest potential, players who will valuable to teams aiming for promotion?

Maybe - I don't really do things for transfers - they're either good enough for me to stick with or they're not and they get released.

Because training speed is driven by proximity to their soft cap as well as learning i'm not sure low potential high learning train particularly quicker anyway these days.
Fathima
2022-12-04 12:53 Edited by Fathima at 2022-12-04 13:01
From what I understand, the difference in training speed from a 1 star to a 5 star learner is 2x. So a 4 star learner should train at 1.75x and 3 star learner at 1.5x theoretically. Which means if a 16 yr old can reach his potential in 8yrs with 5 star learning, the same player can get there in 10yrs with 4 star learning and 12yrs with 3 star learning. I think the training reports somewhat proves me right but I have to keep looking at the data for a few more rounds to confirm this.

My point is, getting good youths twice in a row may be restricted but Tegimus said only extremes are limited. So i think only 5star pot/5star learning will be limited. So a 4.5/4.5 pull is still possible along with a 5/5 which makes a lvl 12 youth ac extremely valuable
Don-x
2022-12-04 13:59
Am more concern about the age you think lvl 4 is right to produce a 16y and lvl 8 2x 16y.
In 7 i've got only 5p/4l am sure it was considered high quality, i don't complain because gaining xp for them its already a problem for me.
Fathima
2022-12-04 15:29
@Tegimus
What happens to the youth generated this season but not promoted until season ends? Will they be still available next season?
Tegimus
2022-12-05 03:56
Fathima wrote :
@Tegimus
What happens to the youth generated this season but not promoted until season ends? Will they be still available next season?

All youths still not promoted will be deleted at the end of this season (and at the end of every season from no on). New youth will be generated based on your youth academy level at the start of next season.
Don-x
2022-12-06 05:47
I just got a rare result against the 6x in a row cc champions and it remind me of the suggestion head to head result.
Even if is f4 plus we should be able to view our previous 10 head to head results with our opponent.
Carsten Vejleaa
2023-01-02 08:12 Edited by Carsten Vejleaa at 2023-01-02 08:25
Tegimus wrote :
These are the updates planned for the next season. Please feel free to discuss below.

Player Nationality

We will allow changes to player nationalities as we have received a lot of requests from our users to allow this. However this feature is temporary, and we might change how it works in future once we introduce national teams and competitions. So this is how it will work for the time being:

1. You will be allowed to choose a Nationality for your Youth Academy. One of the youth players generated every season will be of this selected Nationality, and the nationality of the rest of the generated youths will be random. Using this feature will be free (no coins or Plus membership needed)
2. You can change a player's Nationality from his Player Profile page (same as you would update his name or squad number). However you can only update nationalities of players that are owned by your team. Nationalities of youth players can be updated only after they are promoted. Changing Nationality of a player however will require the use of coins (but it will be free for the time being until we fix the names database for all countries).

I have just changed nationality of 2 new Youth players, and was charged 2x2 coins.
This must be an error when reading the news above, or have I missed an update on this?

How do You change nationality of your Youth Academy?
Tegimus
2023-01-02 09:05
Carsten Vejleaa wrote :I have just changed nationality of 2 new Youth players, and was charged 2x2 coins.
This must be an error when reading the news above, or have I missed an update on this?

How do You change nationality of your Youth Academy?

Yes, changing Player Nationality costs 2 coins now but changing Player names will continue to be free until we update the names database. The confirmation popup for changing the Player nationality clearly indicates that it requires 2 coins.

You can change the preferred nationality of your youth players on the Youth Player page (Transfer >> Youth Players menu). One of the youth players produced from your academy each season will be always of this selected nationality.
howie1234
2023-01-02 09:30
Just checked out my 3 new youth players. I've got 2 16 year olds, one is 5.0/4.5 and the other 4.5/4.5 and a 17 year old 4.5/4.5. Pretty happy with that.
Bill Beaver
2023-01-02 09:32
Very happy with getting the new youth players in preseason. A really good change, I think.
Jamie Best
2023-01-02 09:36
howie1234 wrote :
Just checked out my 3 new youth players. I've got 2 16 year olds, one is 5.0/4.5 and the other 4.5/4.5 and a 17 year old 4.5/4.5. Pretty happy with that.

Very nice howie 👌🏻