Season 36 Round 4 / 60
Game Time 2024 Mar 28, 14:32 UTC(+00:00)
Newbie Questions
Don-x
2022-10-23 12:18
Thank you @fathima its a well detailed explaination, anyone with more insight to that question are welcome.
Gazza Robo
2022-10-23 17:34
I am still new to this game, but all ready I have found out young players do train very well, but you can't play them as the XP gain is very slow . This in turn affects team ratings overall.
So it's just a case of just keep on training.
Don-x
2022-10-23 17:54
Yes i don't know why the game was designed that way. Finding quality players should've been rare, while its easier to play a squad base on average u21 year or less in a game, even if they don't win.
But right now you must play a bunch of old players with xp or hope your opponent is highly experienced.
What annoys me is we often generate a precious 5/5 kids from our youth center and are forced to sell because of xp gain, after we sale we are now forcefully taxed for the stupid profit.
The pattern of this game might be hindering its growth, who knows!.
Fathima
2022-10-23 17:57
Gazza Robo wrote :
I am still new to this game, but all ready I have found out young players do train very well, but you can't play them as the XP gain is very slow . This in turn affects team ratings overall.
So it's just a case of just keep on training.

Yes gaining xp is the real deal. From next season onwards, xp will also be considered for player rating calculation so just training other attributes won't be enough to get player ratings up. Team ratings and league ratings will also get fixed to a more accurate value due to this.

Players start dropping their skills past the age of 30 only, so until then it is just training upwards.
Fathima
2022-10-23 18:03
Don-x wrote :
Yes i don't know why the game was designed that way. Finding quality players should've been rare, while its easier to play a squad base on average u21 year or less in a game, even if they don't win.
But right now you must play a bunch of old players with xp or hope your opponent is highly experienced.
What annoys me is we often generate a precious 5/5 kids from our youth center and are forced to sell because of xp gain, after we sale we are now forcefully taxed for the stupid profit.
The pattern of this game might be hindering its growth, who knows!.

Well, there has to be something that stops people from developing 30 youth players right? In different games, it is different things. In the famous football manager series, players won't improve their skills well if they are not played (they even drop sometimes). In another online game that I play, training has very little role and players improve from playing matches. In this game, it is xp. Whatever it is, the intention of the developers are clear, it is to stop people from developing a top class player by just keeping them in the squad and giving no playing time.
Don-x
2022-10-23 18:25
Another problem is league quality.
In portugal i must stick with one high xp lineups every season for 10months before i could have a player that must've reached 88xp, before this set of players could help me develop another set of high xp players, retirement call, and we revert to sticking with one lineup.
But in a country like England, there are 24y 90xp, 22y 77xp players, they easily gain 8-10xp per season on custom games alone, play 3-4 set of young stars, gain xp quicker and focus on another set of 3-4 youths. its unfair.
Lastly arguement to say the england league is tougher, thus less chance to give xp to youngsters is pointless, the numbers they will gain in custom game because of the amount of high overall xp in their squad, and they don't even need to play too much regular games/time to reach 60-70xp.
We are the leagues that struggle everytime to have the balanced xp lineup to win our games and gain xp too.
Getas
2022-10-23 18:49 Edited by Getas at 2022-10-23 18:50
Why do existing nations need so many divisions?

Div. 2 has an average of 4-3 active teams and Div. 3 is basically bot-town!

So, instead of having 16 (!) groups in the 3rd division, wouldn't it be better to have more nations with fewer divisions?
Don-x
2022-10-23 19:02
Suggestion noted, its on our list of already suggested ideas.
Why it was that way, was because we thought its the best way to start with.
Soon it will change after the world cup.
Guildmaster Chax
2022-10-23 19:20
Don-x wrote :
But in a country like England, there are 24y 90xp, 22y 77xp players, they easily gain 8-10xp per

only 16 yo can reach 70+ exp at 22.
it's hard. but not impossible.

now if only that kid was 5/5 ...😅
Don-x
2022-10-23 20:50 Edited by Don-x at 2022-10-23 21:06
Considering that my squad has some over 30y olds that needs immediate replacement, i was expecting the players i bought from teamless market to step up and replace them but that wont be the case.
I've failed in doing so.
So i advise newbie to make sure they dont follow my strategy of wanting to develop more than 3 yths in a season, its a complete failure of game.
Season 19
3 games remaining
So far 122xp total gain but wrongly distributed
IceBox
2022-10-24 10:38
Guildmaster Chax wrote :
Don-x wrote :
But in a country like England, there are 24y 90xp, 22y 77xp players, they easily gain 8-10xp per

only 16 yo can reach 70+ exp at 22.
it's hard. but not impossible.

now if only that kid was 5/5 ...😅

my XP wonderkid
Don-x
2022-10-24 11:22 Edited by Don-x at 2022-10-24 11:40
Its when you need to raise him up from 80+ plus you will know what am talking about.
Maybe we are going off topic in this thread @icebox
But i tell you in a country like portugal, where its mostly against opponents with low average xp lineup.
Its easier to buy 8 high xp players and lineup with 3 kids to gain more xp at early age, depending on how high the average squad in that match.
But due to lower oppositions you have to depend on your own high xp lineup.
If you have 60avgxp play vs 40avgxp is equal to 60+40/2 50%, but in stronger league its like 60+60/2 60%, its a lot higher in the league i mentioned, you could just raise your xp average to 70xp and play against mostly 65xp opponents, thats 63%, higher than playing against 40xp sides as we do 55%.
As your players get more xp the gaining starts to move proportionally more to lower xp players that played that match, which means the extra percent xp england has makes it easier to further increase an 80xp players.
Don-x
2022-10-24 11:34 Edited by Don-x at 2022-10-24 11:50
@icebox compare your gains with last season, hope you will understand the difference. Now that you have played mostly against 60+avgxp sides.
You will mostly have those players that gained extra, more than they should've in portugal div 1.1.
It won't be easy to balance this due to how the xp method work, so am not suggesting anything yet, just keeping the forum active by venting my frustration on one aspect of the game that will remain forever.
Wuton
2022-10-25 12:46
I was looking at the rating calculation of players and was wondering about the best way to train a player.
Is it better to just focus on the most important skill (e.g., tackling for CB), or is it better to train up the important skills equally?
Guildmaster Chax
2022-10-25 12:57 Edited by Guildmaster Chax at 2022-10-25 12:59
Wuton wrote :
I was looking at the rating calculation of players and was wondering about the best way to train a player.
Is it better to just focus on the most important skill (e.g., tackling for CB), or is it better to train up the important skills equally?

depends on your preference.

in my case, i want my players to be :
- in the right place (Positioning)
- at the right time (Speed)
- built to last (endurance)
^ i would most definitely train in those first. leaving the decision making and such to their own experience (EXP).
i tend to leave training other core attributes in their later ages (e.g Tackling for CB or Shooting for CF).

as a side note :
min-maxing would definitely be hard early on. so i would suggest you train in whatever your coach can do best.
Don-x
2022-10-25 13:26
Train as fast as you can on the players best skills, later add non skills attribute which suits his position and sta,setpiece to make him a better player.
Fathima
2022-10-25 13:27
Wuton wrote :

Same as Chax said. From next season, potential is not going to cap the total skills, so if you are not trying to use him for competitive matches, then it doesn't make a huge difference which order you train. But get stamina upto 30-40 so that he can play more friendlies without getting too low on fitness.
Wuton
2022-10-26 06:52
Thank you for the advice! I will adjust my training :)
Getas
2022-10-26 08:26
Although some of the Q&As have veered into more advanced fields, I find the discussion fascinating and would like to thank you all for the enlightening answers.

Now, I would like to ask a question about friendlies, because I surmise that they are important for gaining XP...

Is Competition>Custom Cups>Joi a Friendly/Join a Tournament/Create new the only way to play friendlies?
Guildmaster Chax
2022-10-26 08:32
IceBox wrote :

my XP wonderkid

juicy 😍
sell him, lol.

Getas wrote :
Is Competition>Custom Cups>Joi a Friendly/Join a Tournament/Create new the only way to play friendlies?

yes.