Season 36 Round 5 / 60
Game Time 2024 Mar 29, 07:28 UTC(+00:00)
Newbie Questions
Fathima
2023-02-06 02:55
https://www.f4football.com/tutorial/advanced/players/gaining_experience
Loko Rodrigues
2023-02-16 01:43 Edited by Loko Rodrigues at 2023-02-16 01:46
Hello.
One of my 6 coaches is like this
Basic Training Skills 20
Goalkeeper Training 60
Defense Training 67
Attack Training 98
Tactical Training 13
Resistance Training 60
Judging Players 25
Physiotherapy 22
The Physiotherapist has a 95 in physiotherapy, and is terrible in the others.
The scout too, only has 95 in the ability to judge players, and is terrible in the others.
What are these basic skills (SK) and what are they for?
I find it difficult to get a trainer above 90 in more than one skill, so I try to get the ones with the highest secondary skills, in addition to what he is good at, I believe it improves the average and training efficiency, right?
My CT is level 8, and it looks like this:
Training Efficiency
Basic Skills 33.62
Goalkeeper 67.13
defending 67.29
Forward 68.92
tactics 68.85
Resistance 42.30
Fathima
2023-02-16 07:51
It is very rare to see a staff with 90+ in physiotherapy or judging players and have a 90+ in another attribute too. Almost non-existent.
But there will be staff with 90+ in two of the coaching attributes, they pop up every now and then, but they are in very high demand so you will have to pay big wages to land them on your team.

Ideally, you should have 1 physio, 1 scout and 4 coaches all with a very high attribute in different departments, with 2 of the coaches having high attribute in multiple skills. This way you will have high efficiency in all training programs, high fitness recovery and accurate scouting. But it is easier said than done, so rotate your coaches and get the ones you need based on which skills of your players you are training. Always have a good physio (they are easy to get too), but you can sometimes let go of your scout and hire a 5th coach if you think you won't need your scout for sometime.

tutorial wrote :
There are 6 different training programs available to each of your players. The efficiency of these programs can be seen in your training page. The rate of improvement of your player in any attribute depends on the efficiency of the training program for that particular attribute.

Basic Skills : helps improve Passing and Heading
Goalkeeping : helps improve Handling and Reflexes
Defending : helps improve Tackling and Marking
Attacking : helps improve Shooting and Dribbling
Tactics : helps improve Positioning and Set Pieces
Endurance : helps improve Speed and Stamina

The best coach having expertise in each of the training programs automatically manages those, so make sure your coaches are good in each one of them to get good results. 50% of the efficiency also comes from your Training Centre level since you need the right equipments to train properly.
Angelo Alpha
2023-04-02 21:05
if I loan a player out do I still pay their wages, is it 50/50, or do the other team pay the full wage for the duration of the loan
Fathima
2023-04-03 03:03
The other team pays full wages during the loan period.
Getas
2023-04-05 19:26 Edited by Getas at 2023-04-05 19:43
I have been in zombie mode (just clicking in to update facilities from time to time) and I only just noticed that more countries have been added!

How can I move to the country of my choice? Is there a button that I haven't seen, a forum thread, someone I have to ask?

Don't tell me I am too late!!

EDIT
I found the submit button in the "Support" section and submitted my request.

Phew! I hope it will work!!
Michael
2023-04-06 05:35
Media Centre and TV Coverage

I have no Media Centre but had tv coverage for 3 games in season 24. Pulled in over $4m (bet. $1.1m-$1.5m per game)

I'm in the Australian 2nd division so not a big draw (only 3 active teams, but all 3 above 55 rating).

Only one tv covered game was in a league game (against 1 of the other active teams)
One was the League Cup Final
One was in the National Cup (against the eventual runner up)

How does this compare to others - especially others with a media centre - trying to work out if it is worth it or not. Tv coverage feels very important given the amount it generates but I don't know how tv coverage is selected....
Fathima
2023-04-06 09:38
I thought you don't get TV coverage in your stadium without a Media Office.
The league cup and national trophy are played in neutral venues, so that's fine. How come you got one for a league game?
Michael
2023-04-06 10:25
Fathima wrote :
I thought you don't get TV coverage in your stadium without a Media Office.
The league cup and national trophy are played in neutral venues, so that's fine. How come you got one for a league game?

You're right - it was another cup game - just happened to be against a team in my league.

Any idea how it works?

In those cup rounds - is it just one game a round that gets coverage?

Is it the same in the league - one game per round chosen from grounds that have a media centre?
Mr J
2023-04-27 14:11
Is there any way to change which friendly games count towards EXP?
Andre1973
2023-04-27 14:51
yes you can push the green button and then it will get red
Fathima
2023-04-28 05:20
Mr J wrote :
Is there any way to change which friendly games count towards EXP?

In the "My Matches" page, under Custom Matches tab, the first column in every row has a green/red button you can click on to enable/disable xp for that match
Mr J
2023-04-28 13:00
Thanks Andre73 and Fathima - much appreciated!
ESac
2023-08-09 19:34
Hi I'm a new player and I'm curious how I should structure my staff. How many coaches, scouts, and physios do you have for your club?
DarthCloud
2023-08-09 20:51
ESac wrote :
Hi I'm a new player and I'm curious how I should structure my staff. How many coaches, scouts, and physios do you have for your club?

Welcome, hope you enjoy this game :)
regarding the staff, simply 4 coaches, 1 physio, 1 scout, i suggest to take staff with AT LEAST 1 of the skill of interest at 90+ (SC for scout, PHY for physio, the other for the coaches).
Just to be sure you have read that, I'll point you also to the tutorial and the advanced tutorial where you can find many useful information about how to manage your team
Michael
2023-08-09 23:06
DarthCloud wrote :
ESac wrote :

Welcome, hope you enjoy this game :)
regarding the staff, simply 4 coaches, 1 physio, 1 scout, i suggest to take staff with AT LEAST 1 of the skill of interest at 90+ (SC for scout, PHY for physio, the other for the coaches).
Just to be sure you have read that, I'll point you also to the tutorial and the advanced tutorial where you can find many useful information about how to manage your team

Once you signed them - make sure you check the roles that are set. Often the default is coach so you need to change your physio to physio etc otherwise he won't do anything for you
Engin Demir
2023-08-10 10:12
ESac wrote :

Welcome to the game.

You'll see many different approaches to this question. So instead of giving you one concrete template, I'll try to explain the basics so you can decide yourself.

The staff has 8 attributes. 6 of them are Coaching (training player) skills. 1 Scouting (Judging Players) and 1 Physio.

* For coaching skills, the best of all "coaches" are used. So if one coach has 90 and the other has 80, 90 is used and 80 doesn't have any effect.
* Scouts and Physios are different. You have to assign them manually.

* For me, a Physio with above 95 skills is a must. They affect players' fitness regeneration as well as injury probability. VERY important.
* You will need a good scout if you want to transfer a lot. Scouting your own players is free but costs 250k for other players. I don't do transfers so I fired my scout after scouting all my players.

* Each Coaching skill corresponds to 2 player skill:
Basic Skills: Heading and Passing
Goalkeeping: Handling and Reflex
Defending: Tackling and Marking
Attacking: Shooting and Dribbling
Tactics: Positioning and Set Pieces
Endurance: Speed and Stamina

See the problem here? There are 6 coaching skills to cover all player skills but you can only hire a TOTAL OF 6 staff. So with 1 physio, you can hire max 5 coaches and if you also have a scout, the maximum number of coaches you can have is 4.

There are 2 approaches to that:
1. You can hire 1 coach who is good with 2 different. Those are VERY rare and if you can find one, hire away anyways. :)
2. I don't train everything. In my 1st season, I only trained my players attacking, defending, and speed skills. This season I am only training in positioning, keeping, and basic skills (passing and heading).

One final warning: Staff values can increase or decrease randomly at the end (or start?) of every season. Mine did. I now have a coach with 99.98 Tactics skill. He had 97.27 last season. (I calculate and store those values myself).
Mike Bassett
2023-08-15 11:52
How can I change a players position using the "In Game Changes" feature? I can change a player and virtually everything else but I cant see how to just change a players position.
Fathima
2023-08-15 13:16 Edited by Fathima at 2023-08-15 13:17
Mike Bassett wrote :
How can I change a players position using the "In Game Changes" feature? I can change a player and virtually everything else but I cant see how to just change a players position.

Use substitutions to do this.
1. Player » Position On Pitch or
2. Position on pitch » Position on pitch

If there is no player currently at the position you are moving the player to, then he will be moved to the new position. If there is already someone else playing in the same position, their positions will be swapped.
Yvon
2023-08-17 06:21
Hi!!
Don't know if it has been discussed already, but does anybody knows if the foot has an importance for FCs ? I mean not wingers, but the 2 centers.
IRL i could put left foot on the right, and right on the left, but i guess it would be different or pointless here...