Season 36 Round 58 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 24, 18:02 UTC(+00:00)
Changes for Season 21
Tegimus
2022-11-21 06:23 Edited by Tegimus at 2022-11-22 08:23
As you all know, we are planning to implement payments in the game from next season. Paypal will be our payment provider at the moment, and we are facing issues with their payment policies in many countries as they are not accepting payments in local currencies of many nations, so for the moment you can pay only in USD. We are trying to resolve it or change to a different provider soon, hopefully we can get it all sorted out over time.

Like we announced earlier, users will be able to buy Coins upon payment of a small fee. These coins will be required to avail some of the features in the game which do not affect gameplay directly, and are purely cosmetic or makes it more convenient to use the website. Users can also buy an F4Football Plus subscription using these coins which will give them all additional features available for members of F4Football Plus.

Listed below are the features that we plan to restrict to only paid users for the moment. More features will be added to this list over the next few seasons as we implement them, but we plan to roll it out slowly due to the fact that not everyone will be able to pay at the moment, and some features need the game to fix certain things before making it paid can be considered fair. And as we have always stressed repeatedly, none of these features will give any gameplay advantage for paying users over non-paying users, so paying or not is always an option and you only get cosmetic or convenience features upon payment.

Features Requiring Use of Coins

We will be giving 50 coins for free for all new users (including existing users), so that they can get a feel of what additional features they get and can decide whether they want to purchase more coins in future. Each of the features listed below can be acquired by spending a certain amount of coins, you also need coins to subscribe for an F4Football Plus membership.

* Change Team Name
* Upload Team Badge
* Change Stadium Name
* Upload Stadium Picture
* Change Player Name - this will continue to be free until we fix the names database for players to generate country specific names based on nationality
* Change Player Nationality - this is not yet available in the game, will be a paid feature once it is implemented. Users can still choose default nationality for the youths generated from their youth academy for free from Season 22 onwards when the update to youth academy is rolled out.
* Upload player picture
* Pay entry fee for special custom tournaments which gives a prize (in Coins) upon winning. This feature is not implemented yet and will be available at a later time.

Additional Features For F4Football Plus members

* Training Reports - a report with gains/losses in each attribute will be generated for your players. The report will continue to be available for atleast one full season even if your membership expires.
* Experience gain reports - you will be able to see all experience gained by the players of both teams participating in a match. This will be available for all matches regardless of whether it is your own match or not, and you can access this report while you are an F4Football Plus member.
* Increased Limits for saved tactics - you can have upto 5 lineup and tatcis saved for your team for free, this limit will be increased to 20 for F4Football Plus members
* Increased Limits for in-game changes - you can have upto 20 in-game changes saved for your team for free, this limit will be increased to 50 for F4Football Plus members
* Grouping of in-game changes - F4Football Plus members can group some of their in-game changes together to help them enable/disable them in one-click instead of clicking on each in-game change individually. This feature is not yet implemented and will be available later.
* Increased Limits for team notes - you can have upto 10 team notes for free, this limit will be increased to 50 for F4Football Plus members
* Increased Limits for player notes - you can have upto 20 player notes for free, this limit will be increased to 100 for F4Football Plus members
* Player shortlists - F4Football Plus members will be able to shortlist upto 25 players, and receive notifications when those players are transfer listed, loaned out, sold, or receive transfer bids. This feature is not yet implemented and will be available later.
* Increased Limits for scout reports - you can keep upto 20 scout reports for free, this limit will be increased to 100 for F4Football Plus members
* Team will not be taken over by assistant manager during matches (when you are absent for more than 3 days) while you are an F4Football Plus member, your team will continue to use the tactics set by you, and the assistant manager will kick in only if you are absent for 3 days after expiry of your F4Football Plus membership
* You will not lose your team due to inactivity (offline for 28 days) while your F4Football Plus membership is active. You will be sacked only after 28 days of inactivity after your membership has expired.
* Select Lineup/Tactics and In-game changes for matches in advance - this feature is not available yet. Once it is implemented, you will be able to select Lineup/Tactics and In-game changes for upto 7 days in advance. Currently, you can only have one tactics loaded for regular matches and one for friendly matches.
* Create private friendlies - custom friendly matches which require approval to join can be created only by F4Football Plus members from now on
* Create custom tournaments - custom tournaments (which requires or does not require an approval to join) can only be created only by F4Football Plus members from now on. Other teams can still join the tournament created by someone else even if they don't have a membership.
* Automatic filling of custom matches and custom tournaments - will be available from Season 22. If the creator of a custom match is an F4Football Plus member at the start of a round where the match is scheduled, the match will not get cancelled and a random bot team will join the match. In case of tournaments, bot teams will join to fill the tournament to make the number of teams the nearest of 4, 8, 16 or 32 regardless of whether the creator of the tournament is a member or not at start of the round when the tournament is scheduled to begin.
* Scout all players of your own team in one click - you do not need to scout each player in your team individually and can do it in just one click if you are an F4football Plus member.
* Hall of Fame - not yet implemented and will be available later. Every team can have a Hall of Fame for their players where they can add their current players into the list to be visible for everyone. 3 players can be added for free, F4Football Plus members can have upto 25 players in their Hall of Fame.
* Player Comparisons - F4Football Plus members can select any two players to compare their attributes, to quickly analyze their strengths and weaknesses. Will be available from Season 22.

This list is not final, and we will be adding/editing/removing features as we find appropriate. Please feel free to discuss below.
Michael
2022-11-21 06:54
Looks good - hope things get sorted with paypal as its very convenient ordinarily
Marius
2022-11-21 07:04
Sounds good so far, there are only two things I would change:

* Change Player Nationality - this should not even be an option, I see a lot of issues on a long term if you plan on having national teams
* Hall of Fame - I would prefer 50 or even 100 spots, if you play for a long time 25 will not be enough
Fathima
2022-11-21 07:40
Marius wrote :
* Change Player Nationality - this should not even be an option, I see a lot of issues on a long term if you plan on having national teams

I agree with this. Can lead to many national teams not having enough players. Put restrictions on it - allow only newly promoted youth or once when you buy a player etc. And obviously it should be allowed only until a player plays his first international match.
Mikkel Hansen
2022-11-21 08:12
I read it as it's only the nationality of newly generated youth that you can change.
Why would you have more than 25 players on your hall fame, Marius? Then it will just become a hall of all former players ๐Ÿ˜‰
Marius
2022-11-21 08:32
The game is young, that it the reason you think 25 is a lot.
Mikkel Hansen
2022-11-21 08:43
Nope, IMO 25 would be enough for 100-125 seasons. That will give an addition to the hall of fame every 4-5 seasons.
Otherwise there is no special to the players of the hall of fame.
Tegimus
2022-11-21 08:48
Fathima wrote :
Marius wrote :

I agree with this. Can lead to many national teams not having enough players. Put restrictions on it - allow only newly promoted youth or once when you buy a player etc. And obviously it should be allowed only until a player plays his first international match.

This is a valid point, and we have already thought about it. Can make necessary adjustments when the national teams come into a near future scope.
Tegimus
2022-11-21 08:50
Marius wrote :
Hall of Fame - I would prefer 50 or even 100 spots, if you play for a long time 25 will not be enough

Hall of Fame is supposed to be show off of your club legends. 25 must be enough, you don't have legends every season but if a real case scenario arises when it is not enough we can always increase that.
Tegimus
2022-11-21 11:32 Edited by Tegimus at 2022-11-21 11:34
Point added under "features requiring use of coins":
* Speed up upgrade of club facilities - users can speed up facility upgrades upto twice the normal speed, the number of coins required will depend on how many rounds can be saved by speeding up the upgrade. This feature is under development and will be rolled out along with the planned update of facility upgrade and maintenance costs.

Initial post updated.
Great stars
2022-11-21 12:57
Now I can't create anymore my friendly cup... And no more name/image change....
Vasilis
2022-11-21 13:01
Tegimus wrote :
* Speed up upgrade of club facilities - users can speed up facility upgrades upto twice the normal speed, the number of coins required will depend on how many rounds can be saved by speeding up the upgrade. This feature is under development and will be rolled out along with the planned update of facility upgrade and maintenance costs.

Initial post updated.

Yes but this is not right. This is an indirect pay to won
Marius
2022-11-21 13:28
This function
* Speed up upgrade of club facilities

makes this statement void
These coins will be required to avail some of the features in the game which do not affect gameplay directly, and are purely cosmetic or makes it more convenient to use the website.
Guildmaster Chax
2022-11-21 13:28
Vasilis wrote :

no, that's a trap. lol.
better facilities = more unexpected income.
and if you're underdog of the league (barely have anyone to sell to mitigate upgrade cost), it's a sure-fire way to get sacked.
Tegimus
2022-11-21 14:17
Vasilis wrote :
Tegimus wrote :

Initial post updated.

The idea was to help new teams to catchup with established teams faster in terms of facilities. And upgrading facilities is a one time thing, everyone builds everything eventually. Also buying coins to speed up is not enough they also need to find the funds to upgrade. And we thought it won't create too much imbalance, it just lets them build things in 5 seasons which would have taken others 10 seasons.

Anyways, let's discuss this. If it is going to create an imbalance then we will drop that idea for sure.
Vasilis
2022-11-21 15:10
Hmm thats was my first thought. I dont know
Fathima
2022-11-21 15:42
My thoughts on this was same as Vasilis initially. But when you really think of what stops you from upgrading higher level facilities, it is actually not time or waiting to complete the previous upgrade, it is money to do that. So may be useful for the first few upgrades for a new team, but not really after that. Even if you build 10K seats in your stadium in half the time as others, the time needed to generate money from those seats is the same, you get revenue from home matches only.

It looks like a pay-to-win feature initially, but on second thought it doesn't actually matter at all. So I don't mind this to be honest.
Michael
2022-11-21 22:52
I think as a catch up measure it is a good option, but I do worry that new teams may get themselves into financial difficulties if they upgrade too quickly - haven't done the maths though - presumably Tegimus has???

Could it come alongside a season budget estimate warning when you are making upgrade decisions so people realise if they're setting themselves up to be in the red due to the upgrade?
Don-x
2022-11-22 05:48
>$20 for a month? Or whats the duration of f4 plus.
>In terms of bot fills a special custom tournament it will be unfair if they contribute a prize coins.
>Rushing building time is not a pay to win but twice as fast (50%) is too much. 20% should be considered.
Tegimus
2022-11-22 06:47
Don-x wrote :
>$20 for a month? Or whats the duration of f4 plus.

It is not $20, it is 25 coins per month (20 to start with), and you get 30 coins for $5.

Don-x wrote :
>Rushing building time is not a pay to win but twice as fast (50%) is too much. 20% should be considered.

Rules for these special custom tournaments are yet to be finalized, but we are not planning to give the winners anything more than the total entry fee collected.

Michael wrote :
I think as a catch up measure it is a good option, but I do worry that new teams may get themselves into financial difficulties if they upgrade too quickly - haven't done the maths though - presumably Tegimus has???

If they build facilities that do not generate revenue, then yes may be they will end up spending a bit more on maintenance fees. But at early levels of facilities, this fee is negligible and if a user can find the funds to upgrade something that costs high maintenance fees then it is highly probable that they already have a revenue good enough to cover the maintenance fees.