Season 36 Round 6 / 60
Game Time 2024 Mar 29, 15:02 UTC(+00:00)
Upcoming Changes for Match Engine
Don-x
2023-01-06 05:35
Its all good too if you make 33y old lose stamina even much more in matches. To make young stars even valueable.
My players are old but we need a good game.
Rhino909
2023-01-06 05:43
Game has gone from very simple with just worrying about rating, attribute, and experience to overly complicated. In 20 seasons, I hope we don’t need linear algebra to calculate our player's actual ability. I like the changes to stamina and match tactics. However, we cant say how effective or good it will be till we see the changes in action.
Great stars
2023-01-06 06:25 Edited by Great stars at 2023-01-06 06:26
Tegimus wrote :
Makmak wrote :
I think rating should also reflect the modified values on skills and not be 0.5 * ( Skills + XP )

Please elaborate a little on stamina changes

Rating will indeed be calculated from the "effective key attributes" after the update.

Stamina will become a bit more important since fitness loss during matches will be increased a lot. The exact fitness loss model design is yet not complete, but I can say that fitness loss will be much higher for low stamina players, and players will need very high stamina (in addition to an excellent physio) to be able to play 2 matches in a round at full intensity. Intensity depends on how fast the match plays out, which in turn depends on the team instructions and strengths of squads of both teams.

With a Lot of stamina, How much Is that "A Lot"?? 40? 50??
Fathima
2023-01-06 07:29 Edited by Fathima at 2023-01-06 07:36
Rhino909 wrote :
Game has gone from very simple with just worrying about rating, attribute, and experience to overly complicated. In 20 seasons, I hope we don’t need linear algebra to calculate our player's actual ability. I like the changes to stamina and match tactics. However, we cant say how effective or good it will be till we see the changes in action.

For me, it is getting simplified. Earlier we had to look at two things, rating and xp. Now rating includes xp. But still usage of xp was not direct in the match engine so we had to still look at opponent player's xp to get a good overview. Now xp is going to be direct in the ME too, so the rating will give a better indication of how the player will perform.

I like the stamina part a lot. My 50 stamina players are able to easily play one regular + one friendly match every round if I have a 95+ rated physio. And I play the regular match with full effort - high pressure, hard tackling etc. Friendlies I put less effort. So I think it would better to increase fitness loss atleast 1.5x what it is currently, so people need to train more stamina on their players. Especially since older players start losing their stamina, this will bring down their fitness even more.
Bill Beaver
2023-01-06 08:48
I agree that the changes make things easier to understand in the sense that basic attributes, experience and fitness will all be important. Decision making will be challenging - how best to develop 'well-rounded' players.
Don-x
2023-01-06 09:31
Off topic.
@bil beaver
Please do the scouting, sorry that i cant use the chat to contact you.
I've sold one of the 16y kid, so i'm left with two 16y old and i want you to scout them.
Bill Beaver
2023-01-06 09:44
Off topic:

Don-x, I've just scouted them (99).
Both are 4.5/4.5 on Learning & Potential
Don-x
2023-01-06 10:21
Bill Beaver wrote :
Off topic:

Don-x, I've just scouted them (99).
Both are 4.5/4.5 on Learning & Potential

Thanks.
Great stars
2023-01-06 15:41 Edited by Great stars at 2023-01-06 15:42
Fathima wrote :
Rhino909 wrote :

For me, it is getting simplified. Earlier we had to look at two things, rating and xp. Now rating includes xp. But still usage of xp was not direct in the match engine so we had to still look at opponent player's xp to get a good overview. Now xp is going to be direct in the ME too, so the rating will give a better indication of how the player will perform.

I like the stamina part a lot. My 50 stamina players are able to easily play one regular + one friendly match every round if I have a 95+ rated physio. And I play the regular match with full effort - high pressure, hard tackling etc. Friendlies I put less effort. So I think it would better to increase fitness loss atleast 1.5x what it is currently, so people need to train more stamina on their players. Especially since older players start losing their stamina, this will bring down their fitness even more.

Fathima, Do You have an idea of how much Is that "a lot of stamina" that said tegimus?? 50? 60?? Maybe if tegimus can answer Because that "a lot"can mean 40 or 99..
Don-x
2023-01-06 15:47
He don't need to answer that question really.
Great stars
2023-01-06 16:11
Don-x wrote :

So...help, I need to know How much is that Amount of stamina
Don-x
2023-01-06 16:21
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Don-x wrote :

So...help, I need to know How much is that Amount of stamina

We don't know untill the changes rolls in. We are just guessing as much as x2 the current.
Fathima
2023-01-06 18:34
We can play 2 matches every round. So ideally, a player with 99 stamina should be able to play 2 matches at the highest intensity and still be back to 100% for the next match with maximum physio level. So lower stamina means more fitness loss than that.

But practically, every player don't put in the same effort or get involved at maximum level every match. Also we can play friendlies at lower intensity. So if I take the ideal level mentioned above, 70-75 fitness should be enough to play one full intensity regular match and one low intensity friendly every round. Players with lower fitness would need to be managed more.

This is only my view and I know nothing about what actually happens or how fitness drop is calculated in the ME. So we all have to wait and figure out
Bill Beaver
2023-01-07 14:20
If a player's stamina is 50 and their experience is 30, will their effective stamina rating be 50 or 40?
Alex Kalinin
2023-01-07 15:13
Bill Beaver wrote :
If a player's stamina is 50 and their experience is 30, will their effective stamina rating be 50 or 40?

Stefan Cachia
2023-01-07 15:16
So if i am understanding well, the total rating of high experienced players will go down. Since by aging these players will drop under 85 in their key skills.....even under 80.....but their experiece will rain over 90......which the latter majes tgem high

On the other part a player with key skills over 70s....but experience for example is 60........will have an average rating of 70s......and not 65.
Great stars
2023-01-07 16:41
Fathima wrote :
We can play 2 matches every round. So ideally, a player with 99 stamina should be able to play 2 matches at the highest intensity and still be back to 100% for the next match with maximum physio level. So lower stamina means more fitness loss than that.

But practically, every player don't put in the same effort or get involved at maximum level every match. Also we can play friendlies at lower intensity. So if I take the ideal level mentioned above, 70-75 fitness should be enough to play one full intensity regular match and one low intensity friendly every round. Players with lower fitness would need to be managed more.

This is only my view and I know nothing about what actually happens or how fitness drop is calculated in the ME. So we all have to wait and figure out

75 Points of Stamina???

Better make stamina a Key skill again....is as important as one
Great stars
2023-01-07 17:08 Edited by Great stars at 2023-01-07 17:10
Tegimus wrote :
Adam C. wrote :
Trying to wrap my head around this but I keep confusing myself, so I'm going to introduce a theoretical player comparison and someone can tell me if I'm way off base.

Let's assume these players play the same position:

Player A: all individual attribute ratings are 65, experience is 65
Player B: all individual attribute ratings are 65, experience is 80

1.) With the new rating calculation, would these players have the same rating?

2.) How would this translate to the new ME? Would these players perform the same in the ME?

Yes, in the planned update, both players will have the same rating. And they will theoretically perform the same way in the match engine (although practically there are plenty of other factors influencing performance including randomness).

The advantage of having a higher experience here will be that the squad average xp will be higher and thereby experience gained from the match will be higher for all players. And it is easier for the higher experienced player to gain rating further from training.

I Think maybe an 10-20% Exp impact on desicions and on Skills Won't harm, because exp has a little impact IRL...But maybe for a future update....because a 65/90 rated would perform Slightly better than 65/65 one

But I'm looking forward for the new ME and if maybe now exp has too little impact on the match, i suggest this
Don-x
2023-01-07 21:42
Bill Beaver wrote :

Good question.
But i guess that doest imply on stamina.
50 is 50.
@chika
My dc with 80 skills and 54xp is still useless in the new changes because he will be like 67 in skills. 13 less.
Reducing further with decision making is unfair.
What i like is that 80xp is the break point for 4.5pots to fully use their skills if it is cap at 80 skills.
5 pot will be 85xp or 90xp.
Kupus
2023-01-07 23:26
Finally a change in the right direction after seasons of crazy XP setup.
I 100% support this change.