Season 36 Round 46 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 18, 23:27 UTC(+00:00)
Upcoming Changes for Match Engine
Great stars
2023-01-08 02:07
Don-x wrote :
Bill Beaver wrote :
If a player's stamina is 50 and their experience is 30, will their effective stamina rating be 50 or 40?

Good question.
But i guess that doest imply on stamina.
50 is 50.
@chika
My dc with 80 skills and 54xp is still useless in the new changes because he will be like 67 in skills. 13 less.
Reducing further with decision making is unfair.
What i like is that 80xp is the break point for 4.5pots to fully use their skills if it is cap at 80 skills.
5 pot will be 85xp or 90xp.

My Low exp players will be reducted also.
Don-x
2023-01-08 05:38
Of cause.
But 70 skills or 60 skills players need 70xp or 60xp to fully use skills.
The super cheat of 60 skills players with 90xp, solved.
Fathima
2023-01-08 05:58
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
My Low exp players will be reducted also.

No. Low xp players will have the same rating as now.
And I think xp won't affect stamina. Fitness don't depend on xp in the current match engine
Makmak
2023-01-08 13:37
Tegimus wrote :

More Importance to tactics

In the current match engine, the rating of the players have much more importance than the actual tactics deployed by the team. Even though you can win close games with tactics, it is much harder to beat a team with higher rating than yours with tactics alone. We plan to change this, and team tactics will determine the effectiveness of players in any given match. But do not expect to beat a 90 rated team with a 50 rated team on tactics alone, it just means that reasonable gaps in rating might get closed with smart tactical plans and match strategies.

In order to achieve more importance to tactics managers should know how tactics work
Tutorials do not describe tactics impact adequately

Examples:

It is totally unclear what are the differences between possession and direct
It is not described what are the pros and cons between zonal and man marking

If we are talking about tactics, managers should be enlightened
Tegimus
2023-01-08 14:52
Makmak wrote :
In order to achieve more importance to tactics managers should know how tactics work
Tutorials do not describe tactics impact adequately

Examples:

It is totally unclear what are the differences between possession and direct
It is not described what are the pros and cons between zonal and man marking

If we are talking about tactics, managers should be enlightened

Fair enough. We will add a brief tutorial on tactics when the new changes are rolled out so that everyone will have the basic idea about how each team instruction work and when they are used best. But mastering it will be left to each manager to figure out themselves.
Don-x
2023-01-08 15:05
It will be nice if opponent tactics is not shown in the lineup, but you can scout opponent previous used formation in last few results, not morethan five times..
Great stars
2023-01-08 15:14
Don-x wrote :
It will be nice if opponent tactics is not shown in the lineup, but you can scout opponent previous used formation in last few results, not morethan five times..

Not Really, Luck of Guessing right will Be Too important and if Is Shown You Cant't change Tactics when is already simulating.
Makmak
2023-01-08 20:55 Edited by Makmak at 2023-01-08 20:56
Tegimus wrote :

Fair enough. We will add a brief tutorial on tactics when the new changes are rolled out so that everyone will have the basic idea about how each team instruction work and when they are used best. But mastering it will be left to each manager to figure out themselves.

Thank you this is needed utmost
Bill Beaver
2023-01-11 09:09
Does stamina currently have any impact on a player's published market value? Will this change when the new stamina rules come into effect?

If two players have very different stamina ratings but are otherwise equal in age, skill attributes and xp, the higher stamina player would clearly be more valuable over a season in practical terms.
Tegimus
2023-01-11 11:26
Bill Beaver wrote :
Does stamina currently have any impact on a player's published market value?

No

Bill Beaver wrote :
Will this change when the new stamina rules come into effect?

No

Bill Beaver wrote :
If two players have very different stamina ratings but are otherwise equal in age, skill attributes and xp, the higher stamina player would clearly be more valuable over a season in practical terms.

Stamina was once part of the player rating calculation and we removed it later. The reason being that stamina doesn't affect performance of a player directly like the other key attributes, it affects performance indirectly through fitness. It completely depends on how many minutes a player plays during the match, a low stamina but high rated player can turn a match around after coming on for the last 15 minutes when everyone else is tired.

Your point is valid though, a player with more stamina is more valuable. But so are other non-key attributes, and so are the hidden attributes. Rating is just a quick comparison, actual performance of a player will vary based on a lot of factors in each individual match. But a player with higher stamina will always be on higher demand in the transfer market over a lower stamina player, and hence the market will determine a higher price for him by itself.
Bill Beaver
2023-01-11 11:42
Many thanks, Tegimus. I think these changes should deepen the game and offer managers more varied strategies for building a competitive team.
IceBox
2023-01-11 14:01
Tegimus wrote :
Bill Beaver wrote :
Does stamina currently have any impact on a player's published market value?

No

That is why my players last season grew so little in value.. I was training mainly stamina.
Don-x
2023-01-11 14:23
Same with me this season @icebox my players barely improve because i'm training st and sp. Hopefully at round 20-25 i will switch.
Vasilis
2023-01-12 07:14 Edited by Vasilis at 2023-01-12 07:28
Tegimus any possibilites xp boost a bit the skills for ex 10%?
Tegimus
2023-01-12 07:54
Vasilis wrote :
Tegimus any possibilites xp boost a bit the skills for ex 10%?

10% won't make a huge difference, but it is adding unnecessary complications. Moreover, it is actually better to let the rating drop smoothly once the attributes of a player starts dropping, so that the curve of improvement and decline over age becomes smoother.
Vasilis
2023-01-12 08:09
So the XP only nurfes skills
Fathima
2023-01-12 08:14
Vasilis wrote :
So the XP only nurfes skills

It is now skills nerf xp after the update. Higher xp than skills doesn't mean anything but higher skills than xp will give slight boost to rating ;)
But I think it is much needed. It keeps the current importance of xp but curbs down the value of high xp old players. Right now the drop in rating of oldies are very slow and can be compensated with the xp gained, it will change.
IceBox
2023-01-12 14:52
Suggestion:

- introduce a cost of placing a player on sale (like 100k).
- a player will only be on sale for 3/4 days and then it returns to the team if there are no offers.

It is silly a player being on transfer list for several seasons. It just packs the transfer list with trash. Lets keep it clean. If a player doesnt get an offer, it can be fired, or go back to the transfer list for other 100k, it the manager decision.
Vasilis
2023-01-12 16:09
IceBox wrote :
Suggestion:

- introduce a cost of placing a player on sale (like 100k).
- a player will only be on sale for 3/4 days and then it returns to the team if there are no offers.

It is silly a player being on transfer list for several seasons. It just packs the transfer list with trash. Lets keep it clean. If a player doesnt get an offer, it can be fired, or go back to the transfer list for other 100k, it the manager decision.

No no and no :)
Don-x
2023-01-12 17:49
So my player will return to my team the day i was likely going to get a bid from that manager thats going to login that same day he returned.