Season 36 Round 4 / 60
Game Time 2024 Mar 28, 16:51 UTC(+00:00)
Newbie Questions
Engin Demir
2023-08-17 09:58
Yvon wrote :
Hi!!
Don't know if it has been discussed already, but does anybody knows if the foot has an importance for FCs ? I mean not wingers, but the 2 centers.
IRL i could put left foot on the right, and right on the left, but i guess it would be different or pointless here...

It definitely affects but how and how much, I do not know. I believe you have the right idea but it mainly depends on where the pass is coming from.

For example, let's say Player A has 1 right foot and 5 left foot. So he is a Lefty.
You used him as FCR (not FR) like you suggested, playing on the right side of forwards.

Now, if the pass comes from the left side, he will perform spectacularly. But if the pass comes from the right side (which often does in my games), he might have trouble controlling the ball and his shots will mostly be inaccurate.

Disclosure: Those are my observations, they might be partially or completely wrong.
Getas
2023-10-01 09:14
Hi all!

Is there any way to see what the maximum is for training a given skill?

i.e. if I am training a player for Handling and he is at 69, is there a "glass ceiling" that he might have at, say 70? How can I tell? And if there is, can a player be trained beyond the "glass ceiling"?
Fathima
2023-10-01 10:43
Getas wrote :
Hi all!

i.e. if I am training a player for Handling and he is at 69, is there a "glass ceiling" that he might have at, say 70? How can I tell? And if there is, can a player be trained beyond the "glass ceiling"?

Yes, there is a maximum which is determined by the "potential" of the player. You cannot know the exact value but approximate only - for eg if the potential is 4 stars then each of the player's attribute can reach 70-80.

You can know the potential in two ways - obvious way is by scouting the player. The second way is to watch the player's progress over the training sessions - when you see the training speed is falling steeply then you know the player is close to his potential. The player can be trained even beyond this "potential"value too, but it will be extremely slow and not worth doing it.
Getas
2023-10-04 07:55
Fathima wrote :
Getas wrote :
Hi all!

Yes, there is a maximum which is determined by the "potential" of the player. You cannot know the exact value but approximate only - for eg if the potential is 4 stars then each of the player's attribute can reach 70-80.

You can know the potential in two ways - obvious way is by scouting the player. The second way is to watch the player's progress over the training sessions - when you see the training speed is falling steeply then you know the player is close to his potential. The player can be trained even beyond this "potential"value too, but it will be extremely slow and not worth doing it.

Fathima wrote :
Getas wrote :
Hi all!

Thanks!

So, based on what you told me, am I right in surmising the following table?

Pot .5 1-10
Pot 1 10-20
Pot 1.5 20-30
Pot 2 30-40
Pot 2.5 40-50
Pot 3 50-60
Pot 3.5 60-70
Pot 4 70-80
Pot 4.5 80-90
Pot 5 90-100

Thanks again!
Fathima
2023-10-04 11:41
Getas wrote :
Thanks!

Pot .5 1-10
Pot 1 10-20
Pot 1.5 20-30
Pot 2 30-40
Pot 2.5 40-50
Pot 3 50-60
Pot 3.5 60-70
Pot 4 70-80
Pot 4.5 80-90
Pot 5 90-100

Thanks again!

Exactly.
Apart from the fact that I am yet to see a player with less than 3 potential :D
Getas
2023-10-04 12:49
Fathima wrote :
Getas wrote :
Thanks!

Pot .5 1-10
Pot 1 10-20
Pot 1.5 20-30
Pot 2 30-40
Pot 2.5 40-50
Pot 3 50-60
Pot 3.5 60-70
Pot 4 70-80
Pot 4.5 80-90
Pot 5 90-100

Thanks again!

Exactly.
Apart from the fact that I am yet to see a player with less than 3 potential :D

Maybe under 3 Pot they are all amateurs and do not appear on the Pro market!
Mike Bassett
2023-10-17 11:53
Question regarding Academy Players - if I choose NOT to promote an academy player and leave him there does he train and improve ?
Fathima
2023-10-17 13:53
Mike Bassett wrote :
Question regarding Academy Players - if I choose NOT to promote an academy player and leave him there does he train and improve ?

No. And he will be only in your academy until end of the season.
If you want to train, you have to promote him.
Terry Dolan
2023-11-25 21:32
Is it worth keeping your scout after he's given a report on your own players 🤔
howie1234
2023-11-25 22:43
Personally, I sack them after the first few rounds of a season as I'll have scouted all my new youth players and any other potential playeers i'm interested in on the transfer market by then, saving many rounds salary when I don't use them. I then employ a new scout at the start of every season.
Engin Demir
2023-11-26 04:41
Terry Dolan wrote :
Is it worth keeping your scout after he's given a report on your own players 🤔

I only hire scouts at the start of each season to scout my brand-new players and then immediately fire them as soon as possible (in 7 days. )

However, if you are active in the transfer market, keeping a scout at bay might be handy, as it is not always easy to find a good scout.
Engin Demir
2023-11-27 06:27
Question: What is the last round I can sell or release a Retiring player?

I was able to put https://www.f4football.com/players/show/224121 on sale now but I remember there was a limitation for retiring players.
Tegimus
2023-11-27 09:12
Engin Demir wrote :

You can sell or release a retiring player until end of Round 20 (start of Round 21). The same deadline applies for loans too. All retiring/loan players will be removed automatically from the transfer market after this, except for those that already have bids on them.
Engin Demir
2023-11-27 09:54
Tegimus wrote :
Engin Demir wrote :

You can sell or release a retiring player until end of Round 20 (start of Round 21). The same deadline applies for loans too. All retiring/loan players will be removed automatically from the transfer market after this, except for those that already have bids on them.

Thanks a lot.
Getas
2024-03-26 17:39
What are "Basic Coaching Skills"?

Why prefer a coach with 99 in "Basic", rather than a coach with 99 in "coaching Defeding"?
Fathima
2024-03-26 17:57
Getas wrote :

Why prefer a coach with 99 in "Basic", rather than a coach with 99 in "coaching Defeding"?

From the tutorial:
https://www.f4football.com/tutorial/facilities/player_training

Training Programs

There are 6 different training programs available to each of your players. The efficiency of these programs can be seen in your training page. The rate of improvement of your player in any attribute depends on the efficiency of the training program for that particular attribute.

Basic Skills : helps improve Passing and Heading
Goalkeeping : helps improve Handling and Reflexes
Defending : helps improve Tackling and Marking
Attacking : helps improve Shooting and Dribbling
Tactics : helps improve Positioning and Set Pieces
Endurance : helps improve Speed and Stamina
Getas
2024-03-26 21:04
Fathima wrote :
Getas wrote :

From the tutorial:

Training Programs

There are 6 different training programs available to each of your players. The efficiency of these programs can be seen in your training page. The rate of improvement of your player in any attribute depends on the efficiency of the training program for that particular attribute.

Fathima wrote :
Getas wrote :

From the tutorial:

Training Programs

Thanks! I had checked the manual, but somehow I managed to miss that!