Season 36 Round 3 / 60
Game Time 2024 Mar 28, 11:24 UTC(+00:00)
Changes For Season 20
Tegimus
2022-09-29 09:09 Edited by Tegimus at 2022-09-29 09:12
This is a big update, so you need to know and prepare well in advance.

Player Rating Calculations

We have finally decided to include the Experience attribute when computing a player's rating. The main motive behind this is to make player ratings more accurately reflect a player's actual ability to perform, rather than managers having to look at two different things in rating and experience. This will also make team and league ratings more accurate, so comparison between teams and leagues become more straightforward than it is now.

The major implication that it will have on the game is that there will be a significant change in player valuations. Low experience players will now have less value and this will affect the overall economy of the game to a big extent. We will anyways try to balance it out in a way that we don't need to make too many changes in other parts of the game to reduce this impact.

Use of Potential and Learning in Training

We have been thinking about this change for quite sometime, and finally decided that the Potential attribute will no longer relate to the total of all attributes a player can gain. Instead it will now refer to a hard cap on the maximum each individual attribute of a player can be trained to. Individual attributes can still go slightly above the Potential value but not to the extents that we see currently. We feel this is a more accurate reflection of what that attribute is actually meant to be, and will also make the attribute a bit more important than it is now.

Learning attribute will be revised in a way that a player can still reach his potential with 1 star in Learning (if trained properly), but it will take double the time to reach there than a player with 5 star in that attribute will do. This should be a slight boost in desirability of players with low Learning, especially if they start training at a really young age with excellent coaches and training centre.

Introduction of Payments in the game

We have been struggling with supporting the game without any revenue from it, which as you can assume affects the resources and effort that we can put into the development of the game. This is one reason the evolution of the game has been quite slow since launch. There are a lot of features and enhancements we have on our plans, but money is actually a big concern when thinking of speeding up development.

Having said that, we really do not want to make this game a pay-to-win, in fact we do not want to give paying users even the slightest of advantages when it comes to succeeding in the game. But we can still provide our users some features that can be bought which will reduce their time and effort spent on the game compared to a non-paying user. And of course we can make the cosmetic stuff a paid feature since that will only enhance user experience and won't affect gameplay in any way.

At the moment, the plan is to give our users an option to buy Coins using real money and spend the coins to avail the various paid features in the game. You can also subscribe to an "F4football Plus" membership with a certain amount of coins which will unlock extra reports and tools for managers during their period of subscription. More details of what features and reports will be made available will be announced soon.

These updates are just some of the many that are yet to come, and everything is possible only because of the support of the great community that we have here. So feel free to discuss, always listening as we should be :)
EiPiX
2022-09-29 09:43
How would players decline now after implementation of the new use of Potential and Learning in Training in case attributes are significantly higher then the potential?
Don-x
2022-09-29 09:47
Increase in release fee will help in regard to low xp low value players.
Michael
2022-09-29 10:12
Agree that these are big changes given people have been keying on learning so much up to now but they're all solid changes that will benefit the game in the long run.
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-09-29 10:19 Edited by Mr. Ske 🔥 at 2022-09-29 10:25
I think this is the right path of game development...potential and learning was a must nerf, also like the experience. Looking forward to see positive changes in the near future.
I hope there wont be any bigger value change becouse of it as it might totally reshape the market. Hope not
My opinion for paying service is that it must not affect the game and game scores or to be like pay to win boosts that help your team perform better.
Don-x
2022-09-29 11:09 Edited by Don-x at 2022-09-29 11:17
If the update is ready by middle of season, i would suggest loading a beta to the game.
So that we see experimentally how our players will be in season 20.
Example.
Current season.
Yago nasrri
Age 26
Rating 73.41
Xp 74
Value 100 000 000
Wage 100 000
Experimental rating change.
Yago nasrri
Age 26
Rating/xp 63.04
Value 70 000 000
Wage 50 000
Hope you can do this lets test the beta and hopefully see first hand, how drastic the change is or what to expect.
Tegimus
2022-09-29 11:53
EiPiX wrote :
How would players decline now after implementation of the new use of Potential and Learning in Training in case attributes are significantly higher then the potential?

Potential or learning are not considered in calculating attribute drops of players anyways (although they do contribute to attribute gains in training which will reduce the effect of drops to an extent). The attribute drops are more closely related to how high a player's attributes currently are, giving faster drops to higher attributes. So this change won't make a big difference in how the attribute drops work.
Tegimus
2022-09-29 11:58
Don-x wrote :
If the update is ready by middle of season, i would suggest loading a beta to the game.
So that we see experimentally how our players will be in season 20.

If a player's rating and experience are close enough then there won't be a big change in the player's new rating after the update. The rating change will be big (and hence the value change) only if they are too far apart from each other.
Don-x
2022-09-29 12:22 Edited by Don-x at 2022-09-29 12:23
My friend new gk has 59 rtg/91xp. His currently a monster.
Hope to see what he becomes next season...
Without that xp the gk should be useless for a top4 teams.
We will have to wait and see if it changes anything or just a means to confuse us more on the xp part.
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-09-29 12:28
Sorry for your friend but that kind of players should never have that impact only cuz his exp is high...i am glad to see this change..hope it will be good
Don-x
2022-09-29 12:39
Mr. Ske wrote :
Sorry for your friend but that kind of players should never have that impact only cuz his exp is high...i am glad to see this change..hope it will be good

Yeah and his s19 transfers are crazy.
But nothing was mentioned about the impact xp has in the game.
So my guess is the gk 59rtg plus the 91xp will see his rating skyrocket.
EiPiX
2022-09-29 12:55
Believe this is mainly a visual change, which is great, sure this can have impact on the value and finance but combining rating and XP to simplify assessing a player's impact doesn't mean the XP will have less impact now, which is totally fine.

Don's player currently 59 rated might be 75 rated next year (random example)
Tegimus
2022-09-29 13:21
EiPiX wrote :
Believe this is mainly a visual change, which is great, sure this can have impact on the value and finance but combining rating and XP to simplify assessing a player's impact doesn't mean the XP will have less impact now, which is totally fine.

Don's player currently 59 rated might be 75 rated next year (random example)

Yes, just a visual change, right now there are no changes on how experience will be used by the match engine.
We believe this change will actually reflect player values more precisely, compared to the current system where experience is not considered at all in value calculations when it actually has a big impact on player performance during matches.
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-09-29 13:38
Fair point 💪
Great stars
2022-09-29 14:26
Don-x wrote :
Mr. Ske wrote :

Hogan 85 rated incoming...
Don-x
2022-09-29 14:39
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Don-x wrote :
Mr. Ske wrote :

With 60s in handling/reflex i will protest that.
Don-x
2022-09-29 14:43
Its there a problem knowing whos strongest in a lineup.
Young stars always has high rating value or that wont be the case again. High xp player will be the highest rating player.
Kasper A.
2022-09-29 14:53 Edited by Kasper A. at 2022-09-29 15:00
Can you replace average xp with average age in match report? :)

Dont understand the need of making potential more important and learning less. The resources could be used somewhere else.

Good idea with payment as long it is not pay to win. I would like to pay for unlimited scout reports.
Great stars
2022-09-29 14:53
Don-x wrote :
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Don-x wrote :
Mr. Ske wrote :

With 60s in handling/reflex i will protest that.

Hogan is my AM, of 77.79/91 my Gk will be 72/73...
Don-x
2022-09-29 15:26
Tips train your 5 learning kids non stop on one important skills this season...