Season 36 Round 47 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 19, 09:13 UTC(+00:00)
Changes For Season 20
Great stars
2022-09-29 15:33
Don-x wrote :
Tips train your 5 learning kids non stop on one important skills this season...

Yeah, But I will sell them.
Don-x
2022-09-29 15:44
@tegimus
Make the coins transferable to managers, at least if my country is not supported because the damn gov bank card restriction.
@Chika can always buy our own share.
And @fathima gifts from us.
Great stars
2022-09-29 16:03
Don-x wrote :
@tegimus
Make the coins transferable to managers, at least if my country is not supported because the damn gov bank card restriction.

I don't have credit card yet, i'm only 18.....😭
Tegimus
2022-09-29 16:16
Don-x wrote :
Its there a problem knowing whos strongest in a lineup.
Young stars always has high rating value or that wont be the case again. High xp player will be the highest rating player.

This confusion exists, and that is exactly why we moved for this change. Especially for new players who do not know how valuable experience is, the update will make it easier to compare players. Although it still won't mean that the higher rated player will always perform better, performance will still depend on the individual attributes and tactics. For example a player with 99 shooting will still wont be able to take shots if his positioning is bad, but if he does get that shooting chance he will most likely score.
Tegimus
2022-09-29 16:21 Edited by Tegimus at 2022-09-29 16:28
Kasper A. wrote :
Can you replace average xp with average age in match report? :)

Dont understand the need of making potential more important and learning less. The resources could be used somewhere else.

Good idea with payment as long it is not pay to win. I would like to pay for unlimited scout reports.

Including experience in the rating calculation will eliminate the need for showing average xp. And yes, we can show average age, fitness, morale etc. instead.

F4football will never be a pay to win game, not even if we go bankrupt by running this :D
Tegimus
2022-09-29 16:26
Don-x wrote :
@tegimus

Yes, coins will be transferable. But only the coins that you bought (yes you can get free coins too as welcome bonus for new managers, gifts from others, through special competitions etc.). And the use of coins that were not bought cannot be used to avail certain features to stop possible abuse (an example which we have planned is prize money custom tournaments where you can enter with coins and winner get prize money in coins).
Herr Ademir
2022-09-29 16:46
I like the changes in a long way, learning and potential are more intuitive now, when a started i thougth that it worked this way! If I understood well Player ability won't have any practical effect by season 20, since potential locks each attribute now.

Problem with a change in strategic aspects is that you always give arbitrary vantages/disavantages for the managers, I think that good move on the game could be delayed to S22, this way the managers that have players with 60/70 potential and high learning would have 3 seasons to take advantage of their learning focusing on key attributes training, since it is fair because they brought these players thinking in the status quo.
wintersb
2022-09-29 17:17
I'm not sure that I understood the new Potential attribute.
Try an example please. If I have a player with 80 pot, how does it works the new rule?
Something like the player will hit the potential cap only to one skill?
Herr Ademir
2022-09-29 17:19
@wintersb

If I uderstood well, a player with 80 potential, will lower his gains in each attribute when he reachs close to 80 and will never have an attribute higher than 85.

But he can get 80 in every attribute.
viraj2003
2022-09-29 17:21
So that means from now learning won't matter
EiPiX
2022-09-29 17:42
It does, just the difference between 1 and 5 looks to be much smaller then it is now, but 5 would be still the fastest way to train a player.
Vasilis
2022-09-29 17:42
He said than player with one learning will need double time so itd matter man .

Tegimus i think you should just decrease the wages and the values of players with little xp. I dont know why to add it at overall rating . It will be more coplicated to evaluate a player as you referred. Give us example ehat do you mean max cp so we can make future strategy for our teams.
TummyZ
2022-09-29 17:47
Tegimus wrote :
Don-x wrote :
Its there a problem knowing whos strongest in a lineup.
Young stars always has high rating value or that wont be the case again. High xp player will be the highest rating player.

This confusion exists, and that is exactly why we moved for this change. Especially for new players who do not know how valuable experience is, the update will make it easier to compare players. Although it still won't mean that the higher rated player will always perform better, performance will still depend on the individual attributes and tactics. For example a player with 99 shooting will still wont be able to take shots if his positioning is bad, but if he does get that shooting chance he will most likely score.

could you also make stamina more important?, there some teams with players who 15-25 stamina and those players somehow play all the games and not get injured once
Rhino909
2022-09-29 17:47
@tegimus Few clarification questions.

1. How is the new rating calculated for season 20? Will it be (rating + exp)/2 or will the exp now count as a weighted % to the rating number. For example will it be X% of the rating like how positioning counts as X% to a player's current rating? If it is the latter, doesnt it imply the other attributes will be less important for rating purposes and the tutorial guide for rating calculation by position will have to be redone?

2. On a scouting report we still get an ability number which is the average of all attributes. Will this number be adjusted next season as well to include exp?

3. If youth players with high non-exp ratings and low exp have their rating decreased by inclusion of exp, their value will drop. This means transfer market may falsely respond and people will pay less for seemingly low rating youths. At the same time 30+ players susceptible to attribute/ratings decrease are not as valuable due to random age retirement. I think this may put a lot of price pressure on the 24-29 age range and a lot of transfers may be directed at that segment.

4. I think yiu ay want to post an example of how the new potential system will actually look in practice with regards to training. I think I get it but not 100% confident.

Otherwise I think the changes are good. And I appreciate your team's continued commitment to having as low a monetized game as possible. I totally understand the finances demand having some payable content and I think everyone will be in board with it.
Don-x
2022-09-29 18:30 Edited by Don-x at 2022-09-29 18:36
Yeah experimental example.
Incase of pot/learning update:-
I think there won't be problem training a 5/5 kid, but the change will be noticable on 3.5/5 learning players, as they won't hit 80s in their skills from now on, as they usually does in the past.
Don-x
2022-09-29 18:38 Edited by Don-x at 2022-09-29 18:41
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Don-x wrote :
@tegimus

I don't have credit card yet, i'm only 18.

Your girlfriend. Am 16 though 8 football age. Sunshine stars ng captain.
Fathima
2022-09-29 18:42
I am late to the party. But good changes.
I really like the potential update. Right now a 70 potential player can still hit 90+ rating especially those with positions having less key skills. With the new change they can never go above 70 rating but they will become better players since people will start training non key attributes too.
Don't think learning is nerfed in anyway, it will be still be extremely important. If the difference in speed is "double" between 1 and 5 stars, then a 3 star learner should be roughly 1.5x slower than a 5 star. Which means if a 16 yr old 5 star learner can hit X rating at 23 yrs (8 seasons), it will take 12 seasons for a 3 star learner to hit the same rating, thats at 27. And for a 1 star learner it will be 32 (or may be never). That's a huge gap.
Fathima
2022-09-29 18:56
Don-x wrote :
Yeah experimental example.
Incase of pot/learning update:-
I think there won't be problem training a 5/5 kid, but the change will be noticable on 3.5/5 learning players, as they won't hit 80s in their skills from now on, as they usually does in the past.

That's the whole point. Right now potential doesn't matter much if you just want to gain rating. But having rating alone doesn't make a better player. After the update we will see better 60 rated players than the current 80 rated players people train.
Don-x
2022-09-29 18:59 Edited by Don-x at 2022-09-29 19:04
I have a yth cb Tate pot 71/L5, i was hoping to stick with him in my matches until he pass 80rtg/80xp, but with this change i will never achieve that which i plan.
I will just train his marking/position this season since he will play 70% times this season.
Or i sell and switch focus to Swason 89/4.5 or buckingham 88/5.
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-09-29 18:59
I have:

Manuel Gomes 75.50 - 93exp - 34y old, so if i get this correct, if this GK wants to retire after next season i will get more money than before as his value will surely be higher than now?
Same as for club legend Theo Teodoris 79.03 - 90exp - 34y old ...

Their rating will increase for sure and viceversa for younger players...for instance my Blessing Okaka 21y old, 60rating and 21exp....so for my younger player the value will decrease?

Hmmm...should be interesting the start of season 20 with all new prices and people deciding what to buy, but if is your statement right Fathima than learning is stil very important, potential will finaly be seen if a player can increase less than before when reaches in skill...so basicly game developers listened at my post :)))

The game will be much more interesting, that is my humble oppinion. After the match commentary that is the bigest change we all shall see...many things has to be improved and i hope you know what are you doing with coins ;) cheers

ps.: sorry for long text and grammar mistakes, got carried away today