Season 37 Pre-Season
Game Time 2024 Apr 27, 18:51 UTC(+00:00)
Changes For Season 20
Don-x
2022-10-15 05:54
What disadvantage this hold and while change it.
I tried to know this before in the question thread tegimus was rather coy.
Fathima
2022-10-15 07:30
There is absolutely no disadvantage for showing full decimals for xp and other attributes everywhere. But the game doesn't do that, so it is an inconsistency when there is a "secret way?" to work around it. I remember I was told before that decimals are not used by the match engine, so a 50.00 and a 50.99 in an attribute is treated the same way by the match engine. So better show only the values which are used by the engine, rather than display the decimals. You can anyways have a very accurate guess of whether one of your players' attribute is close to going up if you follow his gains closely, so why not let the managers use their brains a bit more.
Don-x
2022-10-15 09:30
We are already using our brains in other situations, why complicate every aspect of this game.
If the decimal is not used to calculate matches, its used to calculate xp gains.
Its important to know how much xp a player will gain in some kind of matches, just as i've found out some useless 0.05 xp gains in certain matches for a young star in 90min.
Tegimus
2022-10-24 10:22
The introduction of payments (Coins and F4Football Plus memberships) will be delayed for another season due to us not being able to resolve some technical issues with our payment partner. Apologies for that.

Next season, we will have a new Trophies tab in the Team page, where you can view a summary of all competitions won by a team, how many times and in which seasons. The Trophies tab in the Manager page will also be updated to show the summary instead of the current season by season list.
The Competition page will also have a new summary of winners in addition to the history tab.
IceBox
2022-10-24 10:31
Are we going to be able to sort our players by stat in the "players" and/or "training" pages?

It would be great...
Don-x
2022-10-30 06:06
Its funny how those players with attribute less than 61 in all their skills, has a rating of 70's above.
And its fairly accepted because of high xp, its not good for the health of our game.
Players need to have trained well and have high skills to deserve a rating like that.
Fathima
2022-10-30 06:29
I am feeling it very confusing now since I am used to looking at both rating and xp. After the change, now you just need to look at rating but I somehow end up looking at both and think my players have become even better lol
Kasper A.
2022-10-30 08:09
Three questions:
1. How should you interpret the new rating? A player with skill rating 10 and exp 80 is playing as good as a player with 80 skill rating and 10 exp?
2. The potential in scouting report is only stars now. Does that mean potential 80 and 89 is now the same?
3. What is the purpose of changing the potential and learning?
Don-x
2022-10-30 08:49 Edited by Don-x at 2022-10-30 08:55
Kasper A. wrote :
Three questions:
1. How should you interpret the new rating? A player with skill rating 10 and exp 80 is playing as good as a player with 80 skill rating and 10 exp?
2. The potential in scouting report is only stars now. Does that mean potential 80 and 89 is now the same?

1. We should make game people will join not scare managers away with useless over powered xp, why have 5/5 and 4.5/4.5 yth pull and teamless players when we cant make use of them because those managers that started earier and in stronger league has the advantage, already higher xp squad, strong league, new managers has crap squad.
2. They made it hidden so we dont actually know the skill cap, who's idea is this?
3. So that few managers enjoying the game will continue doing so.
Just like removing earpiece jack, sd card and charger from phone.
Don-x
2022-10-30 08:52
Just look at the market what offer old players are listed for retirement soon, thats how to play this game at best.
Tegimus
2022-10-30 10:43
Kasper A. wrote :
Three questions:

1. Experience is now included in a player's rating calculation just like other attributes. So no need to look at experience separately to get an overview of the player's strength, rating will give you a better summary, check individual attributes (including experience) only if you want a more detailed look.

2. Yes. Potential is a more important attribute now for players, so we wanted a certain level of uncertainty to be there in scouting. Also it makes scouting reports more consistent since all other attributes are shown in stars anyways.

3. It was a design flaw to let potential be a cap on total skills instead of individual skills, since not all skills are squally important for the performance of a player. So one could easily sacrifice some attributes to gain higher value in other attributes and get a 60 potential player to the same level as a 90 potential which defeats the purpose of the potential attribute.
Learning has not been changed much, it has been just tuned to make sure a player can reach his potential even with 1 star learning if trained at 100% efficiency from 16yrs of age. 5 stars learners train at double the speed of 1 star learners.
Adam R Powell
2022-10-30 12:35
Combining exp and rating has completely neutralized the ability to loan out a young high potential player with no exp. I have 3rd string players that were mid to upper 40's at end of last year who are now 20's and 30's because I have no way to give them ample playing time to gain exp. Who exactly is going to be interested in bringing these low rated players in on loan?

TBH this actually compounds issues around exp limits for training teams, limit of 2 players to loan out in a season and not being able to provide some direction to your youth academy for player development.

Every training match should be able to contribute to exp gain! If you want to limit exp gain it should be limited on starters appearances in training games not on the # fo games themselves. Something like if any player starts 25% of their league games then they are limited to X number of training games a year.

If there has to be a loan out limit set it to 2-4 players above the floor for players on the team. so if you have a squad of 28 then you should be able to loan out 6-8 players which keeps you 2-4 above the minimum roster size.

I'm struggling to see the benefit of continuing to invest in a youth academy if the a majority of my generations are GK's, low learners or low pot's. Especially if I have to shell out bewteen $25M-$40M for the "privilege" of signing someone my own academy supposedly developed! I've had a YA since season 13 and have 1 starter out of the 10 generations and even he's only a 50/46 WB whose ave at best.

Of the manager simulations I play (this is one of 3) this is easily my favorite but this last update was particularly frustrating because it represents a significant step back for my youth players who I've spent a fair amount of effort in trying to develop.
Fathima
2022-10-30 12:47 Edited by Fathima at 2022-10-30 12:49
Adam R Powell wrote :
Combining exp and rating has completely neutralized the ability to loan out a young high potential player with no exp. I have 3rd string players that were mid to upper 40's at end of last year who are now 20's and 30's because I have no way to give them ample playing time to gain exp. Who exactly is going to be interested in bringing these low rated players in on loan?

Adam R Powell wrote :
Of the manager simulations I play (this is one of 3) this is easily my favorite but this last update was particularly frustrating because it represents a significant step back for my youth players who I've spent a fair amount of effort in trying to develop.

This has more to do with not understanding what the change is.
Have the players become worse? No.
Will they perform worse in the match engine compared to last season? No.
Then why did they drop in rating? Because xp is now included for rating calculations, you don't need to look at two things - rating and xp - to judge a player now, just look at one thing which is rating.
And it is actually an advantage for managers looking to loan your player. Why? Because the players' values have gone down and they need to pay a lower signing fee now for the same player. So it makes it easier to loan out your players, not the other way around.
Kasper A.
2022-10-30 12:53
Tegimus wrote :
Kasper A. wrote :
Three questions:

1. Experience is now included in a player's rating calculation just like other attributes. So no need to look at experience separately to get an overview of the player's strength, rating will give you a better summary, check individual attributes (including experience) only if you want a more detailed look.

2. Yes. Potential is a more important attribute now for players, so we wanted a certain level of uncertainty to be there in scouting. Also it makes scouting reports more consistent since all other attributes are shown in stars anyways.

3. It was a design flaw to let potential be a cap on total skills instead of individual skills, since not all skills are squally important for the performance of a player. So one could easily sacrifice some attributes to gain higher value in other attributes and get a 60 potential player to the same level as a 90 potential which defeats the purpose of the potential attribute.
Learning has not been changed much, it has been just tuned to make sure a player can reach his potential even with 1 star learning if trained at 100% efficiency from 16yrs of age. 5 stars learners train at double the speed of 1 star learners.

Thank you Tegimus 😁
Don-x
2022-10-30 19:18
Worldclass defender.
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/116265
57 tackling, marking,heading lol....
Crap, sh*tty defenders
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/178720
80 tackling, 70's marking.
Crap defender
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/156231
70's overall skills.
Don-x
2022-10-30 19:33
Worldclass DM.
60's overall
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/49444
NOW CRAP DM
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/158899
80 passing, 79 tackling 77 marking.
WORLDCLASS ATT.
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/55133
Vs
Crappy attacker
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/141022
How can he compare to this guy shooting, heading, positioning lol.
https://www.f4football.com/players/show/74962
Don-x
2022-10-30 19:39
What shitty xp can do, i can't play it on my head why that attacker is 80.40 rated, compare to my attacker crazy.
Fathima
2022-10-30 20:16
I still think you did not understand what changed Don-x. A crappy defender last season did not become great this season or vice versa. They are still the same players and will perform the same way. Only the rating changed, it is just a number. Previously you had to look at two numbers to judge a player - rating and xp, now they included xp in rating so that you just need to look at one number.
Don-x
2022-10-30 20:29
I'm ranting because i understand what changed @fathima, but 50% impact of xp made it possible for a player with 57 tackling, come on man merely 57° better than your 25y cb with 72's on tackling, and a younger youth that deserse to be up there 80 tackling.
Why not reduce the impact of xp to 10%-20%, 50% is crazy.
Alex Kalinin
2022-10-30 20:38
Youth Academy staff wrote :
I'm ranting because i understand what changed @fathima, but 50% impact of xp made it possible for a player with 57 tackling, come on man merely 57° better than your 25y cb with 72's on tackling, and a younger youth that deserse to be up there 80 tackling.
Why not reduce the impact of xp to 10%-20%, 50% is crazy.

It was always this way. Why the sudden breakdown?