Season 37 Round 2 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 28, 14:53 UTC(+00:00)
Changes For Season 20
Fathima
2022-11-02 07:42
Don-x wrote :
*35y players should've been a cheap buy for newbie managers to keep competitive sometimes when they join but because of xp they are worth 100m.

Another reason to have the xp cap in rating calculation instead of the flat 50% weight as suggested by Adam. This is indeed a great suggestion, waiting for Tegimus response on this.
When I started afresh in season 10, I got in a few players with low rating/high xp. I brought them in as "xp coaches" not players and played only in custom matches to coach my youth on xp. This approach still works, the problem is most new players try to strengthen squad and try for immediate success using all of their money on new players instead of being patient until they have decent facilities to be able to produce replacements for them when they retire.
Fathima
2022-11-02 07:48
viraj2003 wrote :
why not set criteria for exp gaining or make a formula that factors in a player's age, league, quality of league, and minutes played that will make it easier for young players to gain exp if they are playing regularly and not being dependent upon other players. it can also bridge the gap between newbie mangers and the powerhouses of the games

"the gap between newbie mangers and the powerhouses of the games" lies only in the gap in the facilites they have. Any team can build a decent squad in 10 seasons or less if you have good facilites, so the key here is to play patiently until you build them up.
Don-x
2022-11-02 08:35
@fathima
I saw your chat about potential cap, yes its the update i like most..
My 4/5 youth got 71pot, got him to 79 tackle last season, and 74 marking, but his stuck in 74 for 3 rounds lol.
I will change training if he doesn't get 75 next round.
Don-x
2022-11-02 09:00 Edited by Don-x at 2022-11-02 09:29
@fathima the approach you mentioned worked but only with those 90xp sides.
A team like yours that perfectly know this strategy and doing it with 80+ xp players.
It will still take your players on their 30's to get the 85+xp.
The two players you loaned out already should've been good enough experienced to played in a starting lineup without affecting other players experience gaining in same lineup..
Edited:
One funny loophole is
The 90xp team, trains 3 players so quick to 85xp-90xp, while doing so they wait for their other 16yr to turn 20yr before starting to play them.
Before you know it they gain 77+xp, even before the next set of players turn 20yr. Imagine that.
Don-x
2022-11-02 13:42
4 rounds and my 71 pot/5 learning is stuck on 74 on a skill am trying to get to atleast 75.
4 rounds is enough for me to know that he has reached his limit lol.
howie1234
2022-11-02 15:44
Still haven't got my head around the changes to potential. I've recently promoted a youth from my academy who has a potential of 5 stars. Previously this would also have shown up as a numeric value (eg. 93) but now you only see the star rating. Does this mean that player is capable of reaching somewhere between 90 and 99 in his skills but I won't know exactly what ?
Guildmaster Chax
2022-11-02 17:17
howie1234 wrote :
Still haven't got my head around the changes to potential. I've recently promoted a youth from my academy who has a potential of 5 stars. Previously this would also have shown up as a numeric value (eg. 93) but now you only see the star rating. Does this mean that player is capable of reaching somewhere between 90 and 99 in his skills but I won't know exactly what ?

depends on how accurate your scout is. but 5 stars should be between 95~99.
but then again, it's the game's way to simulate a little bit of "randomness". so your assessment of his potential can be between 90~99 is somewhat correct.

there's not that much of a difference between 93 of something vs 99 of the same thing anyway. it's the end-game tier 🤣
viraj2003
2022-11-02 17:58
Fathima wrote :
viraj2003 wrote :
why not set criteria for exp gaining or make a formula that factors in a player's age, league, quality of league, and minutes played that will make it easier for young players to gain exp if they are playing regularly and not being dependent upon other players. it can also bridge the gap between newbie mangers and the powerhouses of the games

"the gap between newbie mangers and the powerhouses of the games" lies only in the gap in the facilites they have. Any team can build a decent squad in 10 seasons or less if you have good facilites, so the key here is to play patiently until you build them up.

Ok so let me get this straight for me to compete with you guys I got to have good facilities and for having good facilities you got to have money and for money you got to survive in division 1 and for surviving in division 1 you got to have decent squad and if you our a manager who has sought become a yo yo club which is moving up and down between a bot league and league full of managers who are already above at least 60 rated it is pretty difficult I could tell you
Don-x
2022-11-02 18:31
5 star is between 90-99.
Training a young 5/5, you can decide to at least get his skills to 88 at development stage.
@viraj2003
Agree.
Guildmaster Chax
2022-11-02 19:03
viraj2003 wrote :
Ok so let me get this straight for me to compete with you guys I got to have good facilities and for having good facilities you got to have money and for money you got to survive in division 1 and for surviving in division 1 you got to have decent squad and if you our a manager who has sought become a yo yo club which is moving up and down between a bot league and league full of managers who are already above at least 60 rated it is pretty difficult I could tell you

you're not wrong, but not exactly right either. promotion timing (and scouting your competition, for that matter) is also important.

i claimed 2nd league title in season 15 (after deliberately losing the previous two) and climbed up to div 1 in season 16. that's when my team rating was barely over 52s. haven't gone down yet since, and the team is growing :)
Great stars
2022-11-02 20:16
Don-x wrote :
My friend actually signed 4 players for the season.
4 of those are:
59.43rtg gk| = 75.25 GK
62.62rtg wb| = 77.33 WB
77.76rtg am| = 84.4 AM
76.35rtg cf| = 83.25 CF
Goodbye to my title.
Good to know i can't defend my f**king trophy.

You almost Predicted The Goalie Rtg With Only centesimal of fail
Great stars
2022-11-02 20:17
EiPiX wrote :
Maybe check teamless...

Yep, check Teamless, see My New Goalie That will sent Paynter To transferlist, a 5/5 Teamless
Great stars
2022-11-02 20:19
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Tegimus wrote :
Don-x wrote :
There's already a change that reduce getting a high potential always and a low potential + 5 learning won't be a top player anymore.
Though my question is @tegimus getting a yth pull pot5/1.5 weak learning, even at 16yo this player is bad and will not be promoted.
1) will my chances of getting a 5pot decrease next time? or
2) chances of getting higher learning increase, while the potential decrease this time?.
That will be wrong side of randomness updated.

This is not the case. With the new changes, a player will be able to reach his potential (or close to it) even if he has 1 star learning. The difference will be only in the time taken to reach there, a 5 star learning player training at double the speed of a 1 star learning player. They will still become top players (of course you have train him properly and with top notch facilities/coaches), but the number of seasons they play as a top player will be reduced.

The chances of getting a high potential/learning player is not reduced, we have only balanced it slightly so that you won't get really low quality players or really high quality players multiple times in quick succession. Those kind of players are anyways a bit rare, but your chances of getting them are still the same. The only change is that you won't get them too often.

So, for example, I got a 3.5/5, my next one can be a 4.5/2 Maybe? To Have an idea.

3.5/5 then 3.5/1 Now... 3.5/3.5??? Xd??? Hope a 4.5/5 with 3+ learn
Great stars
2022-11-02 20:23
Don-x wrote :
Yvon wrote :
agree. in the game, Ibrahimović would still be far better than Haaland, Musiala or Mbappe would be useless goats. So why buy or train players who would have no use to win matches the 10 next seasons...

Another thing is that only those old managers that already has 90+ xp side will benefit full time, they will hold their old players, use them and train up few young stars to be ready, while the newbie can only buy the retiring stars for $40m to $100m, because they will find it hard to give xp to the players, like the top teams do.
And the medium teams will keep buying useless players for huge amount.
In this game:
Xp gain.
Trainings.
Favouring the top teams.

And the Mid-Top teams Like. Mine, as Least in my situation, I will have A Few Tough season on Rebuild...
Mikkel Hansen
2022-11-02 20:25
I would like to see an option to set a standard tactic for both competitive and custom matches as a part of the 'plus' subscription thing.
Don-x
2022-11-02 20:56
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Don-x wrote :
My friend actually signed 4 players for the season.
4 of those are:
59.43rtg gk| = 75.25 GK
62.62rtg wb| = 77.33 WB
77.76rtg am| = 84.4 AM
76.35rtg cf| = 83.25 CF
Goodbye to my title.
Good to know i can't defend my f**king trophy.

You almost Predicted The Goalie Rtg With Only centesimal of fail

Thats because i dont know his decimal xp, others are just predictions too.
Don-x
2022-11-02 21:01
@chika you, stephen, icebox are the famous damn old player spender.
Great stars
2022-11-02 21:03
Don-x wrote :
@chika you, stephen, icebox are the famous damn old player spender.

I will need To Rebuild soon anyway...
Great stars
2022-11-02 21:03
Even if now i'm not the 56th best rated, I'm the 7th now...
Mikkel Hansen
2022-11-02 21:08
Wrong thread guys 😅🤔