Season 37 Pre-Season
Game Time 2024 Apr 27, 18:22 UTC(+00:00)
Changes For Season 20
Don-x
2022-10-30 22:11
Alex Kalinin wrote :
Youth Academy staff wrote :
I'm ranting because i understand what changed @fathima, but 50% impact of xp made it possible for a player with 57 tackling, come on man merely 57° better than your 25y cb with 72's on tackling, and a younger youth that deserse to be up there 80 tackling.
Why not reduce the impact of xp to 10%-20%, 50% is crazy.

It was always this way. Why the sudden breakdown?

Its not sudden i've been down for 1 year mate.
But the game is broken.
If a 57 tackler, 57 marker, 57 header, is superior to 80 tackler, 80 marker, 80 header.
While not remove training center, lets focus on one thing xp.
Fathima
2022-10-31 04:20
Youth Academy staff wrote :If a 57 tackler, 57 marker, 57 header, is superior to 80 tackler, 80 marker, 80 header.
While not remove training center, lets focus on one thing xp.

I am quite sure it doesn't work like that. My team shows an average rating of 75 now (after xp was included in rating) but this team used to struggle against teams with around 70rating/70xp before. So having a better rating because of xp does not make the higher xp player superior, it is the other way around. I know this from before but I still like to have higher xp players to help my youth gain more xp playing with them, to maintain that xp cycle.
Tegimus
2022-10-31 05:33
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
There was a small bug in the Autoset Training option on the training page, training was not getting assigned properly since start of the new season.
The bug has been fixed, but anybody who has used that button please click that button again and make sure one of every player's attributes has been highlighted (marked for training).

As a side note, stamina and set pieces of players will also be considered by the Autoset Training function from now onwards.
Don-x
2022-10-31 05:35
Alright fathima thanks.
Pre Season almost over i still don't know what to do in the tactic page.
Those 48xp and 59xp players are not high enough to include my academy ones in the lineup..
Raderian
2022-10-31 06:12
Tegimus wrote :
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
There was a small bug in the Autoset Training option on the training page, training was not getting assigned properly since start of the new season.
The bug has been fixed, but anybody who has used that button please click that button again and make sure one of every player's attributes has been highlighted (marked for training).

As a side note, stamina and set pieces of players will also be considered by the Autoset Training function from now onwards.

I think this should be send as an ingame message, not everybody is reading the forum posts.
Also, please consider a read only pinned topic in the forum where you can post all the game changes & updates so people can see them in one place.
Tegimus
2022-10-31 06:54
Raderian wrote :I think this should be send as an ingame message, not everybody is reading the forum posts.
Also, please consider a read only pinned topic in the forum where you can post all the game changes & updates so people can see them in one place.

There were only a handful of users who I had to inform so was easier sending a private chat message to everyone.
I will make sure all changes/important information will go on the news section going forward. That way everyone will be kept informed.
Bill Beaver
2022-10-31 07:26
Tegimus wrote :
Raderian wrote :I think this should be send as an ingame message, not everybody is reading the forum posts.

There were only a handful of users who I had to inform so was easier sending a private chat message to everyone.
I will make sure all changes/important information will go on the news section going forward. That way everyone will be kept informed.

Excellent idea - thanks!
Adam R Powell
2022-10-31 11:03
Fathima wrote :
Adam R Powell wrote :
Combining exp and rating has completely neutralized the ability to loan out a young high potential player with no exp. I have 3rd string players that were mid to upper 40's at end of last year who are now 20's and 30's because I have no way to give them ample playing time to gain exp. Who exactly is going to be interested in bringing these low rated players in on loan?

Adam R Powell wrote :
Of the manager simulations I play (this is one of 3) this is easily my favorite but this last update was particularly frustrating because it represents a significant step back for my youth players who I've spent a fair amount of effort in trying to develop.

This has more to do with not understanding what the change is.
Have the players become worse? No.
Will they perform worse in the match engine compared to last season? No.
Then why did they drop in rating? Because xp is now included for rating calculations, you don't need to look at two things - rating and xp - to judge a player now, just look at one thing which is rating.
And it is actually an advantage for managers looking to loan your player. Why? Because the players' values have gone down and they need to pay a lower signing fee now for the same player. So it makes it easier to loan out your players, not the other way around.

This isn't really an issue with in game performance as I've understood there is no impact to the game engine. Although I think the degree to which we can now see how heavily xp is weighted makes me question the game engine more than I previously did.

The main problem I have is the impact in percieved value. Players that were once 40's and 50's dropping to 20's and 30's is a huge hit in perceived value making them more difficult to sell and/or loan. And I'm sorry but I've never considered loan fee when making an aquisition decision for a loan. It's generally only a 2-4 game cost depending on the agency you sign with and as such isn't at all impactful when making a loan decision. Even salary considerations are minimal if the end goal is to increase the number of wins you achieve. And in the end ,if I'm bringing someone in on loan it's to make MY team better! In very few instances does bringing in a player rated in the 20's and 30's make anyone's squad better but adding someone with a rating in the upper 40's or 50's might be enough to help a team in division 3 jump into a higher payout category or even move up to league 2 depending on the situation. So prior to the change those players that were rated 40's and 50's based on their attributes likely would have found a home because their percieved value matched their skill level but now that those same players are weighted down by lack of xp which ultimately makes them nearly valueless.

And again this ties into the other issues that I feel need to be addressed such xp limits on custom matches, cost to sign 2nd and 3rd youth generations in a season and inability to direct where the youth academy is investing time positionally. We can add to those the weight of xp in game engine and player valuations as well since it appears to be significantly over-weighted from where I sit. In fact it probably have some cap on overall rating where no matter how high the xp is it doesn't increase a players rating over the weighted average of that players core attributes and the negative impact of less experienced players is on a slide scale that is less severe than currently calculated.
Fathima
2022-10-31 14:22
I agree with you on this Adam. Having less experience should reduce the rating, but having high experience should not increase the rating.

But as far as I understand, it is still not an accurate representation of the ability of the player. Tegimus himself made it clear that the use of experience in the match engine is not that straightforward that you can measure it directly and that's the reason why they did not include it in rating calculation before. From what was told, experience is linked to player decisions during a match, so I assume having high experience and low other attributes already doesn't make a player any better. May be the approach should have been different, instead of a 50% weight for xp, a cap on the weights of other attributes due to experience was a better way of including it in the calculation of player ratings.
Uchiha
2022-10-31 14:45
Or Reduce attributes of those player` skills who exceeded Potential hard cap...And Tegimus Please increase the loss of skills of those 30+ players currently I don't think it's having effect at all, Because those guys still dominate this game.The experience those players have must be a boost to young blood not game results....that my opinion:-)
Adam R Powell
2022-10-31 15:21 Edited by Adam R Powell at 2022-10-31 15:29
Uchiha wrote :
Or Reduce attributes of those player` skills who exceeded Potential hard cap...And Tegimus Please increase the loss of skills of those 30+ players currently I don't think it's having effect at all, Because those guys still dominate this game.The experience those players have must be a boost to young blood not game results....that my opinion:-)

This is another decent point. The loss in attirbute score at older ages appears to be completely offset by continual gains in xp.
Bill Beaver
2022-10-31 15:27
Adam R Powell wrote :
Uchiha wrote :

This is another decent point. The loss in attirbute score at older ages appears to be completely offset by the value continued gain in value from xp.

Maybe the endurance of older players could drop significantly. This would be quite realistic - knows what to do but can't last the pace.
karlacci
2022-11-01 09:18
I think experience is realy too much important in this game!
More than every skill!
Don-x
2022-11-01 10:16
I've decide to ignore the debate, i know why is there, to make the game long term.
Because its impossibile to transition between two 17y CF 5/5 10xp and 25y CF 5/5 70xp, you must waste the young star or sale if you already have yths in other position.
A good game should make it rare to have quality stars but easy for them to break through into the first team for the happiness of the manager/user.
Xp pattern in this game is the worse i've ever seen, but could get better instead of the 50% impact.
How many people that supports this game depends on this xp pattern.
Everyseason we complain and nothing is done about xp.
It has broken the transfers too.
Yvon
2022-11-01 16:15
agree. in the game, Ibrahimović would still be far better than Haaland, Musiala or Mbappe would be useless goats. So why buy or train players who would have no use to win matches the 10 next seasons...
Don-x
2022-11-01 17:47 Edited by Don-x at 2022-11-01 17:55
Yvon wrote :
agree. in the game, Ibrahimović would still be far better than Haaland, Musiala or Mbappe would be useless goats. So why buy or train players who would have no use to win matches the 10 next seasons...

Another thing is that only those old managers that already has 90+ xp side will benefit full time, they will hold their old players, use them and train up few young stars to be ready, while the newbie can only buy the retiring stars for $40m to $100m, because they will find it hard to give xp to the players, like the top teams do.
And the medium teams will keep buying useless players for huge amount.
In this game:
Xp gain.
Trainings.
Favouring the top teams.
viraj2003
2022-11-01 20:00 Edited by viraj2003 at 2022-11-01 20:02
why not set criteria for exp gaining or make a formula that factors in a player's age, league, quality of league, and minutes played that will make it easier for young players to gain exp if they are playing regularly and not being dependent upon other players. it can also bridge the gap between newbie mangers and the powerhouses of the games
Michael
2022-11-02 06:15
I agree it would be more equitable for the game if xp was gained simply on league and cup match minutes at 100% and custom/friendly match minutes at 30% (while increasing the maximum custom matches that provide xp to 60).

That way you get xp benefits from playing kids in real games and potentially suffering result-wise regardless of who their teammates are or who the opposition is.
Don-x
2022-11-02 06:58
All suggestions regarding and stupid teamless market will fall on deaf ears.
Haaland lol was probablly playing with 90xp players in salzburg, 99xp in dotmund lol.
50xp city were opposition are busy picking ball from their net than playing..
This game should reward talented u21 players instead of 35y players.
*This vision that made me, when i started the game, i thought normally youth academy would be a great path to first team for my youths and training center too.
*Teamless market has been a no from me.
*35y players should've been a cheap buy for newbie managers to keep competitive sometimes when they join but because of xp they are worth 100m.
*Tax i sold two players 60m and 40m and my tax is 33m lol, almost taking away the 40m on the 2nd player. And its good right?
Michael
2022-11-02 07:11
I like the Teamless Market, but think the asking price should reduce the longer they are on there.