Season 37 Round 22 / 60
Game Time 2024 May 08, 16:35 UTC(+00:00)
Changes For Season 20
Fathima
2022-09-29 19:27
Mr. Ske 🔥 wrote :
I have:

Manuel Gomes 75.50 - 93exp - 34y old, so if i get this correct, if this GK wants to retire after next season i will get more money than before as his value will surely be higher than now?
Same as for club legend Theo Teodoris 79.03 - 90exp - 34y old ...

Their rating will increase for sure and viceversa for younger players...for instance my Blessing Okaka 21y old, 60rating and 21exp....so for my younger player the value will decrease?

For higher xp players value will go up and lower xp players value will go down. But for your 34 yr olds you are taking a risk, if they decide to retire the value drop will be much more than what they will gain form the rating increase. So much better if you sell this season.

For younger players, the current method of training to gain rating and then release/sell won't work so effectively anymore. Rating gains will be slower if the player don't improve xp. On the other hand those who develop young players including xp will get much better rewards than now when they sell them.
Great stars
2022-09-29 19:43
Is possible to surpass potential max? Example if i have a 71 potential player, he can get 75 on one stat if he trains a lot?
Don-x
2022-09-29 19:47
Yes but not too much more than the pot.
Mr. Ske 🔥
2022-09-29 19:48
Fathima wrote :
Mr. Ske 🔥 wrote :
I have:

Manuel Gomes 75.50 - 93exp - 34y old, so if i get this correct, if this GK wants to retire after next season i will get more money than before as his value will surely be higher than now?
Same as for club legend Theo Teodoris 79.03 - 90exp - 34y old ...

Their rating will increase for sure and viceversa for younger players...for instance my Blessing Okaka 21y old, 60rating and 21exp....so for my younger player the value will decrease?

So much better if you sell this season.

You won't be seeing that for sure now..still minimum 2x seasons :)
But from this point of view we all will be seeing "rating/exp/value" reshape and renewed with potential and learning nerf..am i forgeting something?

Btw about coins and nationality..great idea, youth academy you choose what you want to promote and then if national teams implement the nationality is locked...sounds very promising..!

May i suggest also the other things you could be getting with "F4Membership"...like filtering, unlimited reports, more detailed scouting (revealing hidden attributes), beeing able to spend coins to postpone player retirement for just one season more for example, and so on....

I am a bit concerned when ratings shift...could be also possible that could affect sponsor offers?? like england could go much far away than others??

And if so...this could most probably ruin game and i think all would want to go to England...please let me be wrong :)))
Great stars
2022-09-29 19:49
Don-x wrote :

So... Maybe max if potential=70-71 max 76-77?
Great stars
2022-09-29 19:49
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Don-x wrote :

Really happy my Biggest Young promises are 81, 85 and 91 potential, so no problem for me.
Don-x
2022-09-29 19:52
I've a question!
After this update how do players gain xp.
Because currently we try to play just 3 yths together with high xp players in a high average rating.
Could that about to change.
Don-x
2022-09-29 20:02 Edited by Don-x at 2022-09-29 20:04
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Don-x wrote :

Really happy my Biggest Young promises are 81, 85 and 91 potential, so no problem for me.

5/5 prospect here no problem.
Only Tate 71/5, i will manage him, currently jorge|duff|stephen are my over age priorities, while buckingham/illarramendi will remain on loan.
Including my youngest stars everyone is gaining +7 up, but it will be difficult to measure the amount of xp gained per season after the update.
Thats where i prefer the current
Great stars
2022-09-29 22:14
Don-x wrote :
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Chika Fujiwara wrote :
Don-x wrote :

5/5 prospect here no problem.
Only Tate 71/5, i will manage him, currently jorge|duff|stephen are my over age priorities, while buckingham/illarramendi will remain on loan.
Including my youngest stars everyone is gaining +7 up, but it will be difficult to measure the amount of xp gained per season after the update.
Thats where i prefer the current

Exp will still Be showed The Xp Gain??? It should
Tegimus
2022-09-30 05:17
TummyZ wrote :
could you also make stamina more important?, there some teams with players who 15-25 stamina and those players somehow play all the games and not get injured once

Yes. We already tried to solve this before by increasing the fitness loss slightly, but there is a limitation with the current match engine logic which prevents us from increasing fitness loss significantly without adversely affecting fitness and injuries of young players (since they have low stamina). We already have planned a different approach to tackle this, so this change will be part of the next match engine update.
Don-x
2022-09-30 05:49
Better allow to select stamima training in a different way.
Since i can only use auto training..
Currently:
Can't chat
Cant pick skill to train, if i do it just highlight yellow and never save, once i refresh page its gone to previous.
I will be doomed with that change, if i can't train non skills like the rest.
Tegimus
2022-09-30 06:15 Edited by Tegimus at 2022-09-30 06:17
Rhino909 wrote :
@tegimus Few clarification questions.

1. How is the new rating calculated for season 20? Will it be (rating + exp)/2 or will the exp now count as a weighted % to the rating number. For example will it be X% of the rating like how positioning counts as X% to a player's current rating? If it is the latter, doesnt it imply the other attributes will be less important for rating purposes and the tutorial guide for rating calculation by position will have to be redone?

Since the match engine applies experience of players only in an indirect way in different situations, the actual weightage of experience is hard to generalize due to it having varying importance based on each match situation. For example it becomes very important when a player makes critical decisions like when and where to pass, when to make runs, who to mark, when to dive into a tackle and when to not etc. Experience of a group of players are also used together sometimes, eg. when executing offside traps.
But as a rough indicator, we will give experience the same importance as the (current) rating, so it will be (rating + experience) / 2. The tutorial won't need a big update to include this change, we will just need to mention this there.

Rhino909 wrote :
2. On a scouting report we still get an ability number which is the average of all attributes. Will this number be adjusted next season as well to include exp?

After this update, Current Ability of a player will become irrelevant as the Potential attribute will now be a cap on individual attributes rather than average of all attributes. So Ability will no longer be displayed in scout reports. There will also be a slight change in the display of Potential in the scout reports, it will no longer show the actual number and will only show the star rating similar to other scouted attributes.

Rhino909 wrote :
3. If youth players with high non-exp ratings and low exp have their rating decreased by inclusion of exp, their value will drop. This means transfer market may falsely respond and people will pay less for seemingly low rating youths. At the same time 30+ players susceptible to attribute/ratings decrease are not as valuable due to random age retirement. I think this may put a lot of price pressure on the 24-29 age range and a lot of transfers may be directed at that segment.

Price changes have both sides to it. Young players with no experience will have less value of course, but the market will most likely drive their prices up if they have really good potential and learning. This means it wont make it any more difficult to sell better prospects for good money, but you will get less value from worse players, which should be fair enough. Value decreases with age anyways, so training them for too long is not good either if you want to sell. 24-29 age range is already having the most desirability in the transfer market even before this change due to attribute drops starting after 30 and since most 5 star learning players get close to their potential by 23-24.

Rhino909 wrote :
4. I think yiu ay want to post an example of how the new potential system will actually look in practice with regards to training. I think I get it but not 100% confident.

How it works now:
Potential is a cap on average of all attributes. So if a player has 50 potential, the cap is 50x12 attributes = 600. If you train say 4 key attributes to 99 and leave the remaining attributes below 30, it will drive the rating up but that rating won't reflect the player's real ability to perform compared to another player having 6 or 7 attributes at 70 or 80.

How it will work after the update:
Potential will be a cap on each individual attribute. If a player has 50 potential, you cannot get any attribute of the player much above 50, so we will see such irregularly trained players less often.

Why imbalanced training is bad on performance:
Let's say we have two players with 70 rating. Player A has 99 shooting and 41 positioning. Player B has 70 shooting and 70 positioning. Assume all other attributes are identical. Theoretically, 99% of shots taken by Player A will result in goals but he will get into good shooting positions only 41% of the time. Player B can convert only 70% of his shots but he will get those shots off 70% of the time. So in a match, Player B has more chances of scoring (70%x70% = 49%) whereas Player A's probability is only 40%. This difference will become wider when more attributes deviate from the player's rating. Practically, Player A will perform well against weaker opponents, but against better or equal players his performance will be far far worse than how Player B will perform.
Tegimus
2022-09-30 06:26
Don-x wrote :
Better allow to select stamima training in a different way.
Since i can only use auto training..
Currently:
Can't chat
Cant pick skill to train, if i do it just highlight yellow and never save, once i refresh page its gone to previous.
I will be doomed with that change, if i can't train non skills like the rest.

I think you have a problem with javascript on your device. Does it work for you on other devices, or is it the same on all devices you log in? Please try on another browser too just to check if it is a browser issue.
Tegimus
2022-09-30 06:39 Edited by Tegimus at 2022-09-30 06:41
Mr. Ske 🔥 wrote :
May i suggest also the other things you could be getting with "F4Membership"...like filtering, unlimited reports, more detailed scouting (revealing hidden attributes), beeing able to spend coins to postpone player retirement for just one season more for example, and so on....

Higher limits for scout reports, saved tactics, notes etc. - Yes.
Revealing hidden attributes, postponing retirements etc. - No. These kind of changes will give a gameplay advantage to paying managers which we do not want to happen. Whatever you can get by paying should be doable without paying, but of course with extra effort and time. For eg. you can work around the scout reports limit by copying all current reports to an excel sheet and then deleting the reports in the game, but paying makes it more convenient and easy to do. Cosmetic stuff like uploading pictures etc. is an exception but that doesn't affect gameplay anyways..

Mr. Ske 🔥 wrote :
I am a bit concerned when ratings shift...could be also possible that could affect sponsor offers?? like england could go much far away than others??

And if so...this could most probably ruin game and i think all would want to go to England...please let me be wrong :)))

Team rating is the average of the ratings of the best 11 players in a team. So if the first elevens of teams in a league are good enough, then we won't see huge changes in league ratings. So even if a few teams in a league are bad, we won't see drastic changes in sponsorship amounts.
And of course, better leagues have better sponsorship in the current system too, it is not anything new introduced by the upcoming changes.
Don-x
2022-09-30 06:39
Agree its my javascript when i change device some browser works fine. Thats why i never bother to as for help.
My web surfing is free on opera, i encounter the problem with my opera.
Tegimus
2022-09-30 06:44
Don-x wrote :
Agree its my javascript when i change device some browser works fine. Thats why i never bother to as for help.
My web surfing is free on opera, i encounter the problem with my opera.

Thanks for reporting this. May be something to do specifically with opera browser. We have to test this out.
Don-x
2022-09-30 07:01
So the potential shows:
For example
Now pot 90 amazing.
It just displays from s20:
Pot: *****
Pot: 5.0
That means we won't know the exact number.
Fathima
2022-09-30 07:54 Edited by Fathima at 2022-09-30 07:58
Don-x wrote :
So the potential shows:
For example
Now pot 90 amazing.
It just displays from s20:
Pot: *****
Pot: 5.0
That means we won't know the exact number.

This is good. Since potential has become a bit more important now, hiding the exact value will make it more interesting.

One thing I am really glad with is loan signing fees will become even cheaper now, good for loaning in backup players at the start of season
Don-x
2022-09-30 08:05
Don-x wrote :
Mr. Ske wrote :
Sorry for your friend but that kind of players should never have that impact only cuz his exp is high...i am glad to see this change..hope it will be good

Yeah and his s19 transfers are crazy.
But nothing was mentioned about the impact xp has in the game.
So my guess is the gk 59rtg plus the 91xp will see his rating skyrocket.

@Epix
Was right?
Have a rough calculation
The 59.43rtg/91xp and my gk 81.85rtg/80 xp will become roughly:
75.25rtg GK and 80.95rtg GK.
the 59 rated gk really skyrocketed but still its just visual.
its still 59rtg/91xp GK in the hood. moster better than every gk in my league.
Fathima
2022-09-30 08:12
Don-x wrote :
Have a rough calculation
The 59.43rtg/91xp and my gk 81.85rtg/80 xp will become roughly:
75.25rtg GK and 80.95rtg GK.
the 59 rated gk really skyrocketed but still its just visual.
its still 59rtg/91xp GK in the hood. moster better than every gk in my league.

Looks fair to me. That 60/90 GK is same as a 75/75 GK then. Sounds fair especially since xp is so hard to gain. After the attribute drops came in the game, it is not easy to buy high xp players either as most of them will be too old to be worth the price.

I used to take average like this when I roughly calculate actual rating for my opponent's players. Turned out it was the right approach :)