Season 36 Round 3 / 60
Game Time 2024 Mar 28, 10:47 UTC(+00:00)
Small suggestions @tegimus
Michael
2022-11-19 02:27
Lack of flexibility is killing aspects of this game - things are too rigid with no way out of situations once you are in them.

I have a youth pull I'd like to take but I am $10m short on the cost. I can't get a loan, I can't sell a player to pay for him and he leaves 5 days before I get the league bonus.

3 game systems lack of flexibility means a good youth is lost to the game and as someone who wants to build from youth I question whether it's remotely worth trying.

1. Youths should be available for longer
2. You shouldn't have to maintain 18 players especially when what I'm trying to do sell to 'buy' means I'd end up back on 18 players anyway
3. you should be allowed to drop below zero cash, paying interest and with a threat of bankruptcy or loans should be available.

That's just bad game mechanics

I'd add that youth players should be a lot cheaper or free, but I appreciate that's a game balance decision and I appreciate tegimus is better placed to know whether he's right or not - the listed 3 restrictions are just poor functionality which need to be bumped up the priority list in my view.
Guildmaster Chax
2022-11-19 04:43
Michael wrote :
2. You shouldn't have to maintain 18 players especially when what I'm trying to do sell to 'buy' means I'd end up back on 18 players anyway
3. you should be allowed to drop below zero cash, paying interest and with a threat of bankruptcy or loans should be available.

1. Debatable.
2. you can sign fillers to avoid this.
3. bank balance CAN and WILL go to negative if you're not careful. and you'll get sacked for that.

Michael wrote :

more like bad financial management.
don't feel too bad about it, everybody fails at this from time to time.

do try to keep your balance enough for most things.
Fathima
2022-11-19 05:16
Youth system is going to change soon, you will get players at the start of the season once Tegimus implements this.

And as Chax said, you have to plan a bit more on your finances. Even now, the youths are free, you only have to pay if you have already promoted one youth this season. If you know you are likely to get another youth in the same season and the first youth is not very good, then don't promote the first one. You can also release players for 30% their value, so a 50% promotion cost seems very reasonable. It has to be higher than what you get for sacking the player else what's the point of having that restriction?
Yvon
2022-11-19 05:22
Fathima wrote :
Youth system is going to change soon, you will get players at the start of the season once Tegimus implements this.

hi!
where can we find infos on this ?
thx!
Michael
2022-11-19 05:25
Guildmaster Chax wrote :
Michael wrote :

1. Debatable.
2. you can sign fillers to avoid this.
3. bank balance CAN and WILL go to negative if you're not careful. and you'll get sacked for that.

Michael wrote :

more like bad financial management.
don't feel too bad about it, everybody fails at this from time to time.

do try to keep your balance enough for most things.

Lol - if you don't see how the lack of functionality within the game causes these ridiculously unrealistic situations and want to throw shade at people for not sitting on a pile of cash rather than actually do things in the game then fine.

Some of us would like the game to progress out of beta.

You do raise a 4th inflexible rule that exacerbates issues - worthless players aren't available at their value - they still cost $10m plus - buying fillers would be an option if that's how they were priced.

I've played 50+ of these types of games and they all have the functionality to deal with these sorts of issues.

They don't all do it the same way and there are multiple ways to deal with it, but you can't possibly think that a game preventing you from both making money and spending money at the same time is a good thing.
Michael
2022-11-19 05:27
Fathima wrote :

And as Chax said, you have to plan a bit more on your finances. Even now, the youths are free, you only have to pay if you have already promoted one youth this season. If you know you are likely to get another youth in the same season and the first youth is not very good, then don't promote the first one. You can also release players for 30% their value, so a 50% promotion cost seems very reasonable. It has to be higher than what you get for sacking the player else what's the point of having that restriction?

I'd like to release a player and replace him with the youth player but the game won't let me
Guildmaster Chax
2022-11-19 06:04
Michael wrote :
Lol - if you don't see how the lack of functionality within the game causes these ridiculously unrealistic situations and want to throw shade at people for not sitting on a pile of cash rather than actually do things in the game then fine.

heh. give it time, man. you're not the only one going minimum squad.

Don-x
2022-11-19 06:10
It doest work that way lol.
But you can either release/sale a player, gather enough cash and promote a 2nd/3rd youth player.
The game is sh¡t base on youth development.
I wish the game would:
*Take away teamless market.
*allow multiple youth players to gain good enough xp in a match.
*that would make a youth center very important as our main pilar of a club.
*stop the 5/5 free youth to newcomers instead give a stronger squad, to avoid the stupid jumping around and transfer listing of high quality free youth.
*the game should base on training center, youth academy, stadium and tactic, xp is too much/over powered.
karlacci
2022-11-20 09:45
Please Decrease Exp importance!!!!!

Now is more important then skills! It's illogic!
Fathima
2022-11-20 10:07
karlacci wrote :
Please Decrease Exp importance!!!!!

Now is more important then skills! It's illogic!

I hope this is fixed (not the importance but the logic of xp) in the update to the match engine which Tegimus said is coming in a few seasons.
Vasilis
2022-11-26 21:41
It will be good to choose only the 5 players for substistute that i choosed not all the team squad
Vasilis
2022-11-27 09:12
Also it would be good to be vusible every team's facilities. I dint find reason to be invisible
Don-x
2022-11-27 10:00
Vasilis wrote :
Also it would be good to be vusible every team's facilities. I dint find reason to be invisible

I see no reason to that.
Don-x
2022-11-27 10:04
Vasilis wrote :
It will be good to choose only the 5 players for substistute that i choosed not all the team squad

Agree, fix that sometimes it confuse me if my selected player is among the sub.
Tegimus
2022-11-27 11:10 Edited by Tegimus at 2022-11-27 11:12
Vasilis wrote :

If you are referring to the selection for substitutions in the in-game changes, the reason is that the same instructions are also used for changing player positions during the match. I concur that it is a bit confusing, so may be we will look to move player position changes and substitutions to different buttons in future. The reason why we kept it together is to allow a substitution + a positional change in the same set of instructions which might be useful if you are bringing in a sub who does not play at the same position as the player going out. Noted this down, will have to find a better way to deal with this.
Tegimus
2022-11-27 11:13
Vasilis wrote :

This is not very difficult to implement, noted down.
Marius
2022-11-29 19:54
Vasilis wrote :Also it would be good to be vusible every team's facilities. I dint find reason to be invisible

Besides the stadium capacity, which seems logical to be public, the other ones should remain invisible.
It comes down to each manager's strategy, why would that be public info?
Guildmaster Chax
2022-12-01 09:00
can we have a setting somewhere to switch exp toggle on custom matches to on/off by default?
Fathima
2022-12-01 10:45
Guildmaster Chax wrote :
can we have a setting somewhere to switch exp toggle on custom matches to on/off by default?

This, or a simpler way to manage them. It would also be helpful if we can see the total custom matches played/confirmed this season and how many of them were xp enabled, and how many more xp games you can play.
Kasper A.
2022-12-13 05:31
Switch Heading and Marking in the training page so they are in the right pairs and maybe in same order as the categories in the top