Season 36 Round 59 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 25, 01:32 UTC(+00:00)
Small suggestions @tegimus
Aquilicua
2023-04-17 17:50
One of the things is strange IMO is to see some of the best teams making offers for the oldest players, for his experience and rates.
My suggestion is to improve this, normally one player with 30 yo should be better than one of 36-37 yo.
Rating of old players should decrease with 31 yo or more... I think the game needs to fix it.

Great game and great job I see here. Congratulations!
Fathima
2023-04-17 18:40
Aquilicua wrote :
One of the things is strange IMO is to see some of the best teams making offers for the oldest players, for his experience and rates.
My suggestion is to improve this, normally one player with 30 yo should be better than one of 36-37 yo.
Rating of old players should decrease with 31 yo or more... I think the game needs to fix it.

Great game and great job I see here. Congratulations!

It already does. After 30, players start to lose their attributes, and their rating comes down eventually. Why top teams buy oldies are to use them as "xp coaches" - to use their xp to help younger players gain xp faster.
Loko Rodrigues
2023-04-18 00:19
Fathima wrote :
It already does. After 30, players start to lose their attributes, and their rating comes down eventually. Why top teams buy oldies are to use them as "xp coaches" - to use their xp to help younger players gain xp faster.

Could you explain more about "xp coaches"?

Maybe it exists and I don't know how to do it, but I miss being able to program subsequent tactics and lineups. I can't follow the game in real time to change the lineup between different types of challenges.
Fathima
2023-04-18 07:03 Edited by Fathima at 2023-04-18 07:04
Loko Rodrigues wrote :
Could you explain more about "xp coaches"?

Xp gains depend on the average xp of players in your lineup for friendlies, and average xp of both teams in competitive matches. The higher the squad average xp, the higher xp gains you get. So optimally you play some high xp players along with 3 or 4 low xp players to maximize the xp gains for your low xp players. This is the reason teams want to keep some really high xp players in their lineup. I like to call them "xp coaches" due to this, they might not always make it to your first team in competitive matches, but in friendly matches it gives you a big xp boost.

Loko Rodrigues wrote :I can't follow the game in real time to change the lineup between different types of challenges.

You can select one of your saved lineups to always use for friendlies. There is an option in the tactics page to do this called "Custom Match Tactics" (in between the save/load buttons). That saved lineup will be always used for friendlies if you select it there, so you just need to adjust your tactics for regular matches only.
howie1234
2023-04-18 13:52
Fathima wrote :

Like Fathima says, I've recently bought a few high XP players (XP all over 90) mainly just to play in my friendly matches to help my young trainees gain XP.
Cpt Commanche
2023-04-20 16:07
Perhaps this has been recommended elsewhere, but in the match player, could we have the last 4-5 match commentary lines displayed? When you are watching the game you can only see the current commentary which makes it a bit harder to see how the play is developing. I know you can go read the full report later, but it would be a nice feature to have when watching your games.

Great sim, been having fun so far!
satantxiki
2023-04-20 19:30
Could we have some way to view our squad (in "Players" menu) arranged by age/rating/value....
This is a feature I really missed when I started playing.

I know that this has already been suggested, but I didn't see any answer to it (to be honest, I haven't read all the entries here, so if I am reviving some topic which has already been discarded, sorry for that).
Getas
2023-04-23 10:52
I just pulled a new player...

If you need help with updating the name database by nation, I have quite a good DB for Greek names. Let me know if you are interested and if so, what format do you need?
envican
2023-04-26 18:35
I think it'd be good to tie XP growth to potential so that there are more world class players in the 22-25yo range. Seems like the way it works now it's more players in the 28-32 range
Michael
2023-04-27 11:02
I think there should be a negative impact for players being on the transfer list - morale drop for team maybe.

Some players are literally spending their whole careers on the transfer list - I'm sick of looking at them lol
Gazza Robo
2023-04-28 10:29
Why have all these divisions In the Australian leagues
Bit silly having No managers, .
envican
2023-04-28 12:00
Gazza Robo wrote :
Why have all these divisions In the Australian leagues
Bit silly having No managers, .

Yeah I'm not sure we need a 3rd division in any country tbh. England is the only country where it makes any sense.
Gazza Robo
2023-04-28 20:33
I was asked to go to Australia lge..which I did.
But if I get relegated I play only 3 managers.
Good game spoilt by silly a set up
Detroit Lions
2023-04-30 15:01
Youth Academy
I have an idea about this. Now apparently you get youth players at random positions.
I would suggest the owner can make his preference known for the next year as to what is a position of need.
It could still be random, but weighted to a certain position.
For example, if the owner prefers getting a goalkeeper, the chances could be like this:
30 % goalkeeper, 10 % the other seven positions.
So, no guarantee about who you will get, but filling team needs better.
That's all I got on this, good luck to all.
Adam
2023-04-30 16:08
Detroit Lions wrote :
Youth Academy
I have an idea about this. Now apparently you get youth players at random positions.
I would suggest the owner can make his preference known for the next year as to what is a position of need.
It could still be random, but weighted to a certain position.
For example, if the owner prefers getting a goalkeeper, the chances could be like this:
30 % goalkeeper, 10 % the other seven positions.
So, no guarantee about who you will get, but filling team needs better.
That's all I got on this, good luck to all.

It could be tied to youth academy level, too. The higher your level, the better the chances of getting 1 player in the requested position.
Fathima
2023-04-30 17:58
Nice Idea. The problem is that it would further reduce the need for transfer market which is already very inactive.
Adam
2023-04-30 18:36
Fathima wrote :
Nice Idea. The problem is that it would further reduce the need for transfer market which is already very inactive.

I’m not sure the proposed idea would have a great impact on the transfer market. It comes with no guarantees.. just because I say I want a CF doesn’t mean I get one. And if I do, the pot/learning ratings are still random, so if I get a 3.5/1 player in the position I want, I’m still going to need a better one.

Yes, there will be cases where a manager fills a position of need with a quality player, but that happens already. This could be an avenue for newer teams to be able to build their teams. As it is now, when a quality young player comes on the transfer market, it’s the same 5 or 6 managers driving the price up over $200m, blocking a large number of managers from participating in the bidding.
Dave
2023-05-01 17:15
Hi tegimus,

For midfielders and strikers especially, is there a way to display minutes played per goal?

It is especially helpful for young players who are just bought on for the last 15 mins to get xp to prove they are mot totally inept.

Cheers
Adam
2023-05-02 17:14
Dave wrote :
Hi tegimus,

For midfielders and strikers especially, is there a way to display minutes played per goal?

It is especially helpful for young players who are just bought on for the last 15 mins to get xp to prove they are mot totally inept.

Cheers

I asked a similar question awhile back and if I remember correctly, Tegimus replied that a "Minutes Played" stat was planned to roll out with the match engine updates in the coming seasons.
Dave
2023-05-02 18:59
Adam C. wrote :
Dave wrote :
Hi tegimus,

Cheers

I asked a similar question awhile back and if I remember correctly, Tegimus replied that a "Minutes Played" stat was planned to roll out with the match engine updates in the coming seasons.

Cool, I will sit tight then.