Season 36 Round 58 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 24, 19:41 UTC(+00:00)
Small suggestions @tegimus
FoxMachina
2023-05-09 13:20
Would it be possible to tie the cost of scouting a player to the division you're in? I know 250k per scout is nothing for rich division 1 teams, but it'd be nice to be able to do it in a lower division for slightly cheaper because that money is much more important there. Thanks.
Michael
2023-05-10 07:29
I think the tax system is pitched incorrectly.

I assume the taxes are there to try and stop people hoarding a heap of cash, but the tax system is punitive on seasonal profit (which often is just about timing), but not that bad on overall cash hoards.

I think you should reduce tax rates for seasonal profit significantly and increase fortune tax rates.

The change to youth player timing exacerbates the issue as it essentially means you need a pile of cash during preseason, but if your only way to generate cash is by selling players you need to do it at the end of the previous season, but then half your sale proceeds goes to the taxman.

And yes I am sore because I waited a whole season for a particular type of player but had to buy junk at seasons end in order to avoid losing 100's of million in taxes only for such a player to come along immediately afterwards when my junk players can't be sold....sigh
Fathima
2023-05-10 08:36
Partly agree to this. May be increase the tax-free limit to 10 million, and adjust the next slabs accordingly.
But I am still afraid that this change will not make a big impact since less taxes will lead to everyone having more cash, then player prices will go up, then you end up making more profit and eventually it boils down to the same amount of taxes paid. At the end of cycle it is no change in taxes paid but increases inflation.
Michael
2023-05-10 08:56
I'm not necessarily saying that less tax is paid overall, but rather more tax is paid by those sitting on a big pile of cash rather than it being paid by those who just happened to have sold players at the wrong time or had some other single season anomalous windfall.

That's why I'm not suggesting I know the amount of income tax that needs to be decreased or fortune tax increased - that would need some all-knowing tegimus analysis, but just that the tax burden should shift to hoards of cash rather than single season profits
envican
2023-05-10 11:08
Michael wrote :
I'm not necessarily saying that less tax is paid overall, but rather more tax is paid by those sitting on a big pile of cash rather than it being paid by those who just happened to have sold players at the wrong time or had some other single season anomalous windfall.

That's why I'm not suggesting I know the amount of income tax that needs to be decreased or fortune tax increased - that would need some all-knowing tegimus analysis, but just that the tax burden should shift to hoards of cash rather than single season profits

I do think it'd be nice if you were maybe taxed on profits at the end of the following season (I'm sure that's a lot harder to track) just so it's more based on hoarding rather than just selling at the end of the season
Kasper A.
2023-05-10 12:25
Agree. I have said it before: remove the profit tax and increase the fortune tax. I have a great amount of cash in the bank so the change will not benefit me. But I hate the planning and especially when the transfer market is so poor. The players sold in the end of last season were extremely overpriced due to this.
Tegimus
2023-05-10 13:25
I see the problem here although I do not plan to remove profit taxes completely at all. Need to look at a few past seasons' data of transfers and taxes to decide on how much it needs to be adjusted, but at first look, I think cutting down on profit tax rates and slightly increasing the fortune tax might be the better way going forward as many have suggested.

Will come back later on how much, after some analysis. Please continue discussing on this, we might get more insights in the process.
Mikkel Hansen
2023-05-10 13:41
How about having a deferred tax asset after a season with a loss, that can be subtracted to the profit tax the following season?
Tegimus
2023-05-10 14:31
Mikkel Hansen wrote :
How about having a deferred tax asset after a season with a loss, that can be subtracted to the profit tax the following season?

That will make things too complicated. Not going that way - at least not for now.
Ello
2023-05-10 17:03 Edited by Ello at 2023-05-10 17:08
Maybe allowing a 5th transfer might ease the profit tax ?
Each season I sell more than 4 yet can only transfer in 4 and only deal with any particular club once.
I like the idea of lower divisions paying less for scouting, maybe top divisions or managers in their 10th or more season can be allowed 5 transfers ?
Or purchases of players from the managerless teams could not count as a transfer (if they do count?)
Michael
2023-05-11 03:33
At the end of the day, if at the end of the season I am rich, I want to know that I am getting impacted by tax the same as other teams who are equally rich.

You do that via Fortune Tax not tax on that seasons profit.

I think the game should make it very difficult to (or disincentivise) holding more than say $300m in cash.

If I want to get to that in 1 season via players sales rather than 5 seasons by being very profitable (like I imagine the top clubs are) I just don't think you should be penalised for it.
Kasper A.
2023-05-18 05:07 Edited by Kasper A. at 2023-05-18 05:13
The nerf of the learning skill did not benefit the game. I would make it more important again
Michael
2023-05-18 05:31 Edited by Michael at 2023-05-18 05:33
Kasper A. wrote :
The nerf of the learning skill did not benefit the game. I would make it more important again

I don't think that it's not important, it's just that potential impacts training speed more now so it's harder to compare and see the difference high learning has. I'm sure it is there though.

Having said that - in my view, it all comes down to how rare players with high potential and high learning are as to how big an impact they should have.
Uchiha
2023-05-20 08:14
Hi @Tegimus Since a manager can't release a retiring player, how about also stop the sales of retiring Players... Maybe that will improve transfer market sales somehow.
Tegimus
2023-05-20 08:27
Uchiha wrote :
Hi @Tegimus Since a manager can't release a retiring player, how about also stop the sales of retiring Players... Maybe that will improve transfer market sales somehow.

You can release a retiring player until end of Round 20. You can also list a retiring player for sale until and only until end of Round 20. After that all retiring players will be automatically removed from the transfer market (bidding will continue for those who already had a bid by then).

Retiring players cannot be listed for loan at all.
Uchiha
2023-05-20 08:42
Tegimus wrote :
Uchiha wrote :

You can release a retiring player until end of Round 20. You can also list a retiring player for sale until and only until end of Round 20. After that all retiring players will be automatically removed from the transfer market (bidding will continue for those who already had a bid by then).

Retiring players cannot be listed for loan at all.

Woow I didn't know that thanks Tegimus.
Michael
2023-05-21 13:50
I think the Potential ratings should be changed to better demonstrate their value:

5 stars: 95+
4.5 stars: 90-95
4 stars: 85-90
3.5 stars: 80-85
3 stars: 75-80
2.5 stars: 70-75
2 stars: 65-70
1.5 stars: 60-65
1 star: 55-60
0.5 star: up to 55
Guildmaster Chax
2023-05-22 12:31
Tegimus wrote :
You can also list a retiring player for sale until and only until end of Round 20. After that all retiring players will be automatically removed from the transfer market (bidding will continue for those who already had a bid by then).

can this part be applied to free staff as well?
Dave
2023-05-28 18:34
Probably been suggested but it would be nice to have a friends list of other players to save searching for them and also a friendly invite for one off no penalty games (injuries, cards etc) to improve community contact and user experience
Loko Rodrigues
2023-05-29 22:17
I think it would be very useful for the lost like me if there was a search system by subject or keyword in the forum.