Season 36 Round 56 / 60
Game Time 2024 Apr 23, 23:19 UTC(+00:00)
Small suggestions @tegimus
Ello
2023-08-14 10:39
Change the competitions to only one team per league to be in the same group for the various competitions.
uLtRaSpYnAlL
2023-08-14 12:09
i don't like so much this new update off making tactics at every match. Was more easy and less time spent with the other sistem ,where i could choose a tactic for all friendly matches and a tactic for regular matches and then if i need it some extra changes i was changing after in less time. But now what is this,i need to go at every game to make a tactic... spending time for what or i'm wrong....
Aquilicua
2023-08-14 13:38
IMO no need of new countries. Actually in Spain there is a 1st division with 2 bots and to fall to 2nd division is a big bored problem. With same countries (erasing 3rd divisions) we can do a more competitive leagues and 2n division with interest. One of the problems, actually is there is a lot of countries for a small list of users.

Other problem is users changing of country... but it is another question. Today when I saw the list of teams of spanish 1st division I didnt fins Madrid Utd (one of the top 5 of division)... he changes of country. Seems people only wants to go to small countries to play international cups, when 1st we need to improve our teams.

And some indications more of ADMIN of how motor engine of game works... I win and lose matches and I dont understand why... is difficult to train players. When is tackling involved and when marking, for example?
Jamie Best
2023-08-14 14:56
uLtRaSpYnAlL wrote :
i don't like so much this new update off making tactics at every match. Was more easy and less time spent with the other sistem ,where i could choose a tactic for all friendly matches and a tactic for regular matches and then if i need it some extra changes i was changing after in less time. But now what is this,i need to go at every game to make a tactic... spending time for what or i'm wrong....

I’m also a bit concerned by this, do we need to change our lineup between every match? Having my friendly team already set for any custom matches was very handy and I didn’t need to worry about logging in if I was out for a period of time, if someone can please explain if this is still possible I’d be very grateful
Michael
2023-08-14 15:52
Jamie Best wrote :
uLtRaSpYnAlL wrote :

I’m also a bit concerned by this, do we need to change our lineup between every match? Having my friendly team already set for any custom matches was very handy and I didn’t need to worry about logging in if I was out for a period of time, if someone can please explain if this is still possible I’d be very grateful

Reading the news item on season 29 again i think you'll be able to recreate it but like you i'm in custom league so no fixtures to look at and test it
Jamie Best
2023-08-14 17:24
Having now read the news article (which I had missed before) it explains more clearly how to pre-set tactics in advance.

You need to go to the match preview and then on the new options tab you can select tactics, this is up to 5 rounds in advance.
Paul Doe
2023-08-14 21:00 Edited by Paul Doe at 2023-08-14 21:03
I don't like the new update.
Choosing tactics for each match separately is convenient in regular games. For custom matches, one scheme is usually enough, and the need to assign it to each match is annoying.

In addition, custom matches in the custom tournament appear only at the start of the first round. And at the start of the tournament in the first round, I would not have had time to assign the necessary tactics.
Because of this, i had to choose another tournament starting from the second round.
Michael
2023-08-14 21:15
Paul Doe wrote :
Choosing tactics for each match separately is convenient in regular games. For custom matches, one scheme is usually enough, and the need to assign it to each match is annoying.

In addition, custom matches in the custom tournament appear only at the start of the first round. And at the start of the tournament in the first round, I would not have had time to assign the necessary tactics.
Because of this, i had to choose another tournament starting from the second round.

I think it was an attempt to partially duplicate the benefit for paying managers to non-payers but I agree for the most part I don't think people vary their custom teams so it may end up being a more onerous 'benefit'.

Theoretically as a paying manager i could choose to keep my custom lineup as my default and then select each league and cup team and effectively keep the approach from last season with respect to custom games and have an improved option for 'main' games.
Paul Doe
2023-08-14 21:22
Michael wrote :
Paul Doe wrote :

I think it was an attempt to partially duplicate the benefit for paying managers to non-payers but I agree for the most part I don't think people vary their custom teams so it may end up being a more onerous 'benefit'.

Theoretically as a paying manager i could choose to keep my custom lineup as my default and then select each league and cup team and effectively keep the approach from last season with respect to custom games and have an improved option for 'main' games.

It's really burdensome. I calculated that instead of one click earlier, now it takes at least 180 clicks to put tactics on 60 custom matches.

And I think this is done because creating two parallel systems assigning tactics to a match is more difficult to develop and provokes more errors in the program. Because of this, they made a single system for everyone. But to shift the difficulties of development to users, imho, is wrong.
Herr Ademir
2023-08-14 21:32
I agree with Paul Doe, nice change for regular matches, but no need to select individual tactics for custom matches.
Tegimus
2023-08-15 07:18 Edited by Tegimus at 2023-08-15 07:20
Yes, I realized that it was much easier if you could set a default tactics for all custom matches as before. So I will try to bring that option back. You will still be able to set up tactics in advance for a particular custom match too, which will override the global setting if done.

Please bear with us while this is getting fixed, should not take more than a couple of days I presume.
Paul Doe
2023-08-15 08:47
Tegimus wrote :
Yes, I realized that it was much easier if you could set a default tactics for all custom matches as before. So I will try to bring that option back. You will still be able to set up tactics in advance for a particular custom match too, which will override the global setting if done.

Please bear with us while this is getting fixed, should not take more than a couple of days I presume.

Thank you!
Engin Demir
2023-08-16 08:18 Edited by Engin Demir at 2023-08-16 08:19
Suggestion: In the "COMPETITION >> My Matches" section, add an indicator of the selected tactic. This can be done in 2 ways:

1. Add a "Tactics" column and directly show the tactic selected.
2. If (1) turns out to enlarge the page too wide, you can simply add a green button like the EXP dot in the custom matches.
Tegimus
2023-08-16 08:45
Engin Demir wrote :
Suggestion: In the "COMPETITION >> My Matches" section, add an indicator of the selected tactic. This can be done in 2 ways:

1. Add a "Tactics" column and directly show the tactic selected.
2. If (1) turns out to enlarge the page too wide, you can simply add a green button like the EXP dot in the custom matches.

Noted. You can expect it soon.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Tegimus
2023-08-17 06:11
Tegimus wrote :

This option is now back.

Instead of the Tactics page like it used to be, the option to select a saved lineup and tactics for all custom matches will be now available in your Custom Matches page (Competitions >> Custom Matches menu). This setting will be used for all your custom matches, but you can still override this for any particular match by selecting a different tactics for that match through the Match Preview page.
Engin Demir
2023-08-17 09:43
Tegimus wrote :...This option is now back...

Awesome! You may consider creating a news about it. Many people (including veterans) are asking about it in the chat and not many people check the forums regularly.
Nick Romero
2023-08-18 15:33
Not sure how feasible this is, but I feel like it would be neat if we could see former players of either your club or others also be put in the game as robot managers, coaches, physios, and scouts. And that you could train them, or they could improve over time, etc. Anyone else agree?
Loko Rodrigues
2023-08-19 00:26
Yes I agree, Nick. It would bring a greater immersion in the football world of F4.

I wanted to be able to see the real skills of the players somewhere (rank/Xp), without having to use a custom math formula on each skill and each player. Perhaps when it comes time to list the players for the game, that way we could compare and choose which player is more capable, more quickly.
Nick Romero
2023-08-20 18:20
Also, two things I was thinking about with regards to player pages:
1) Would it be possible to include the club they started at in their transfer history? I think it would neat to say, for example, if they played at one club their entire career from a quick glance.
2) For awards, I think it would be neat if their team accomplishments were listed alongside their individual accomplishments, to see the sum of what they have won. In order to see that right now, one would have to see where they played when, and then go to that club's history to see if they had won anything
Paul Doe
2023-08-20 20:31
Nick Romero wrote :
Not sure how feasible this is, but I feel like it would be neat if we could see former players of either your club or others also be put in the game as robot managers, coaches, physios, and scouts. And that you could train them, or they could improve over time, etc. Anyone else agree?

Good suggestion! I've seen similar suggestions before on this thread, but I don't remember that tegimus commented on it somehow.