Season 37 Round 9 / 60
Game Time 2024 May 02, 02:38 UTC(+00:00)
Small suggestions @tegimus
Engin Demir
2023-12-03 17:08
Fathima wrote :
What am I missing here? I am barely able to play a regular match at high intensity and one friendly at low intensity every round. And most of my players are at around 60 stamina. Can anyone teach me how to play every match at full fitness with low stamina?

I believe he's talking about his defeat against FCN here:
https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/92835
FCN has very low stamina ratings and was able to score in the last 10 minutes nonetheless.

Even tho I believe stamina is a serious stat in the game, seeing many results like this makes me question my decision.
Fathima
2023-12-03 18:54
Engin Demir wrote :
I believe he's talking about his defeat against FCN here:
https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/92835
FCN has very low stamina ratings and was able to score in the last 10 minutes nonetheless.

Ok I see both of them played that match at normal intensity. Why not play high intensity if you think you have better fitness than the opponent? Second thing, the match was dictated by his opponent, so they would not have broken much sweat. And 2 at the back in an away match was always risky, see both the goals conceded the defenders were unable to cover on time.
HoudeRat
2023-12-03 22:09
https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/15321
https://www.f4football.com/matches/report/91759

High intensity didn't help the 1st place team in France (with much higher stamina) against them, and they also beat Versailles (also higher stamina) in a 120-minute match. Shaun's right. All three of those results should not happen if stamina matters at all in-game. One can be written off as a fluke, but not three, with one being extra time. Their stamina is super low across the board.
Shaun Stephens
2023-12-03 22:33
Trust me I see it not only in my games but in a lot of the Champions, Super and Challengers cup games as well. Right now Stamina means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this game and we were told it would be a big component of it. So a lot of us have trained for this fix yet absolutely nothing has come of it. If I can get away with 0 subs, and never train stamina past 40 then that is what I am going to do from now on. My issue is the Tegimus is magically going to flip the switch and then I will be screwed. He said it was going to be done 3 seasons ago but here were are still with it having ZERO effect on games.

All I want from Tegimus is some transparency, as simple as that. Tell us what season Stamina is actually going to make a difference in game play that is all we want to know. Enough of the maybes let us know so we can plan accordingly.
Tegimus
2023-12-04 08:30
Shaun Stephens wrote :
All I want from Tegimus is some transparency, as simple as that. Tell us what season Stamina is actually going to make a difference in game play that is all we want to know. Enough of the maybes let us know so we can plan accordingly.

The importance of Stamina has increased a lot after the last time this issue was discussed. But I acknowledge that it is still not at the level we want it to be at. And it is not easy to increase it more right now for the reasons I already mentioned.

We will be reworking the match simulator once the user interface and multi-language updates are rolled out. It won't be just the fitness model that will be changed in that update, it will probably be a big overhaul of how the matches are simulated in general. I won't be able to give you an exact deadline when that would happen (it will be a huge update so unexpected delays might get in the way), but roughly a couple of seasons after the new user interface is launched. That means it is not immediate, but not too far in the future either, so my advice would be to keep training Stamina expecting it to be more important soon.
Marius
2023-12-04 08:46
I have been a subscriber for F4F from the moment that it has been implemented. I don't know how many subscribers are there in this game, but, taking into the account the slow pace of development, I assume that we are not many. I must admit that I had my doubts before buying another package, mainly because it looks like the game settled itself on a longer than expected plateau.
I can only guess Tegimus' thoughts when launching the game. Is it a hobby project, is it intended to be commercial?
In the end it doesn't even matter, in both cases users expect some sort of development timeline. To draw a parallel with real life, users are the investors and the developer represents the authorities. If there is no clarity about the future, there are little chances to attract investors.
I don't expect a development timeline to work like magic for the whole base of users, but there is a good chance of helping increase the core user base.
Fathima
2023-12-04 11:24
I agree Marius, it would be great to have a road map of coming updates and improvements planned. Tegimus mentioned a few of them in a recent post, but did not put any timelines on them. But you can't blame him though, it's not easy to spend on fast development when your income from the game is not much. Personally I think they are doing their best to continue development of this game, may be we are just frustrated that it isn't fast enough like other commercial projects.
Tegimus
2023-12-04 12:15
Marius wrote :
I have been a subscriber for F4F from the moment that it has been implemented. I don't know how many subscribers are there in this game, but, taking into the account the slow pace of development, I assume that we are not many. I must admit that I had my doubts before buying another package, mainly because it looks like the game settled itself on a longer than expected plateau.
I can only guess Tegimus' thoughts when launching the game. Is it a hobby project, is it intended to be commercial?
In the end it doesn't even matter, in both cases users expect some sort of development timeline. To draw a parallel with real life, users are the investors and the developer represents the authorities. If there is no clarity about the future, there are little chances to attract investors.
I don't expect a development timeline to work like magic for the whole base of users, but there is a good chance of helping increase the core user base.

First of all, thank you (and all other users) for supporting us with your payments. Even the non-paying users, what keeps the game alive is its users.

As you guessed, the revenue from the subscriptions are not much, but we are not running the game to make money. There are plenty issues with the game that we know can be fixed, but from a development point of view, we have to prioritize stuff. We also have to look at the long term future of the game, and that's why we went for the technology updates and the changes to user interface first. From the feedback we got in the past, it was important to bring more users into the game. And the simulator is of course next in the list. And apologies if our users feel the development is slow or not up to the mark, as I have said before we have our limitations on resources for a non-commercial project, but we always strive to give our best for the continuous development of this game.
Michael
2023-12-04 13:45
I don't know what sports management sims you guys are playing if you think this one is being developed slowly - most of them haven't been touched in years.

It's being done with a lot more transparency than most as well.

These games take patience in more ways than one lol
HoudeRat
2023-12-04 14:58
Yeah, I'm not trying to be critical. Merely pointing out something that should be looked at if they are, in fact, looking to improve. I enjoy the game and will keep playing, but will also give my two cents on issues, especially ones that might lead to other people quitting... because I want to keep playing.
Loko Rodrigues
2023-12-05 01:24
Stamina is already very important in the game as it is. Imagine that when this increases, we will have to adapt to several things, especially the amount of XP that each player can earn, since we will have to replace them more often.
The colleague was so concerned about stamina, but forgot that fitness is what matters during the game. Replaced 2 full players with 2 tired ones. His opponent had all players with 100% fitness.
Fathima
2023-12-05 04:39
Loko Rodrigues wrote :
Stamina is already very important in the game as it is. Imagine that when this increases, we will have to adapt to several things, especially the amount of XP that each player can earn, since we will have to replace them more often.
The colleague was so concerned about stamina, but forgot that fitness is what matters during the game. Replaced 2 full players with 2 tired ones. His opponent had all players with 100% fitness.

I guess the complaint is about performance decrease during the match for players too low in stamina. Dont know how it works but I think it is a direct % of the fitness which is not good enough in my opinion. After a high intensity match, let us say my player with 60 stamina is at 94 fitness, that is a 6% decrease. Assuming fitness loss is linear, an opponent with 30 stamina will be only at 88 fitness. So the difference between the players is just 6% performance at 90 mins, so at 60 mins this difference will be only 4%. It should be much more.

If my assumptions above are right, this is what should be addressed. A player with 60 stamina ending up at 94 after the match, and a player with 30 ending up with 88 is fine enough, the update should be made how much it affects performance during the match. Even I initially thought this was the concern, and hence my reply earlier, but now I understand what the issue is after looking at the matches mentioned above. I think Tegimus must be thinking similarly too, so may be he can have a look at this issue when he updates the match engine.
Engin Demir
2023-12-05 17:07
The issue is simple: Low stamina does not cause poorer performance in the late game like in real life.

In real life, a player with low stamina would be crawling on the field after the 70th minute.

Here, on the other hand, even players with 15 stamina keep playing 100% until the last minute. At least, that's how it feels currently.
Shaun Stephens
2023-12-08 13:23
Engin Demir wrote :
The issue is simple: Low stamina does not cause poorer performance in the late game like in real life.

In real life, a player with low stamina would be crawling on the field after the 70th minute.

Here, on the other hand, even players with 15 stamina keep playing 100% until the last minute. At least, that's how it feels currently.

Precisesly, I just had it again where a team that NEVER made a sub dominated me the last 20 mins of the game even though 90 percent of their players have a stamina of 25 or lower and most of my guys are between 50 to 65. It is honestly a joke a this point Tegimus can say it is a "factor" but there is not a chance it factors in to anything at this point. Just be transparent and tell us how much of a factor it really is currently ( Absolutely none would be by guess ) , and how much of a factor it will be in the next 2,3,4,,5 seasons that is all I am asking for. Very simple question, no need to talk in riddles. Am I wasting my time RIGHT NOW training stamina?
Fathima
2023-12-09 06:10
He clearly said it is not going to be changed until the next ME update. Don't know how much more transparency you want lol
Shaun Stephens
2023-12-09 16:47
Fathima wrote :
He clearly said it is not going to be changed until the next ME update. Don't know how much more transparency you want lol

How much will it change, and when will that update be. That is the transparency I am looking for. That will give us a time frame, most of the answers we get are non definitive non transparent open ended answers. The two that we always seem to get are

1. In a few seasons - Not definitive or transparent, what season are you aiming for this to take place and is that a realistic time frame?
2. It will increase - Not definitive or transparent, how much will it increase, will it be significant this time or minimal like the last one? Show us the numbers??
Uchiha
2023-12-10 09:48
https://www.f4football.com/news/show/53

Regarding Transfer Restrictions on how many players a manager can sign in a Season.... What you feared before implementing it, it's happening,I hope you notice,Few managers already started to abuse that Unlimited transfer In.

-Maybe it's still to early to act on it, But what will happen in 5 Season to come when lot of managers are loaded with Cash

-My Suggestion will 6 or 8 Transfer limit...I thank you
Fathima
2023-12-10 11:49 Edited by Fathima at 2023-12-10 11:54
But how many would they buy? They can't have more than 30 in their squads.

I made a summary from the recent transfers page for anyone interested. There are many teams who bought 5 or more players this season, but i dont think they can repeat it often.

| Team | Players | Amount |
|--------------------------- |--------- |------------------------ |
| Great stars Fc | 17 | 870,473,239 |
| Ayas F.C. | 9 | 744,433,574 |
| Inter Miami FC | 9 | 263,216,599 |
| C.F Warrior | 7 | 1,154,550,784 |
| FC Nike | 7 | 299,047,283 |
| Essex United | 6 | 149,795,645 |
| HITMEN FC | 6 | 460,160,948 |
| Royal Naboo FC | 6 | 208,648,352 |
| Sporting Clube de Braga | 6 | 143,592,555 |
| 5 PIOTTE FC | 5 | 341,995,942 |
| A&G TWINS | 5 | 128,076,160 |
| AS Valerenga Oslo | 5 | 272,018,133 |
| Birmingham City | 5 | 207,619,115 |
| Bosnaspor CF | 5 | 124,977,307 |
| flusao | 5 | 275,187,317 |
| Hertha Berlin | 5 | 288,200,794 |
| Phoenix Knights | 5 | 618,876,172 |
| The Adventurer's Guild | 5 | 130,566,568 |
Engin Demir
2023-12-11 11:53
SUGGESTION:
I created an in-game-change, "Start of second half if we are leading by 3 goals) change 2 players.

However, my team scored the 3rd goal in the 64th minute, so the rule didn't work at all. If I understood the system correctly, I have to create this rule 2 more times (for 60th and 75th minute) to ensure there are substitutions after the 3rd goal.

My Suggestion is, to make it possible for some rules to run "AFTER xth minute" so it will work if that condition occurs after that moment.
Shaun Stephens
2023-12-18 14:43
It would be nice if we could potentially train players to play different positions. For example train a WM to play WF, or a CB to play WB. Just thinking out loud.