Season 37 Round 9 / 60
Game Time 2024 May 02, 09:56 UTC(+00:00)
Small suggestions @tegimus
Nick Romero
2023-12-30 01:25
Loko Rodrigues wrote :
Yes, Fathima. I would like to be able to see them mixed together, on the same page, to make it easier to see which rounds are still to be scheduled for friendlies and which ones I should avoid so as not to coincide with other games. . It's nothing too important, but it shouldn't be too bad to do either.

+2 Ditto. Good idea.
Tegimus
2023-12-30 10:49
Loko Rodrigues wrote :
Yes, Fathima. I would like to be able to see them mixed together, on the same page, to make it easier to see which rounds are still to be scheduled for friendlies and which ones I should avoid so as not to coincide with other games. . It's nothing too important, but it shouldn't be too bad to do either.

This will be done in the new user interface. Thank you for the suggestion.
Oshoba
2023-12-30 20:03
Table Headers
I have problem with long tables. For instance "Training Table". When I scroll down the list of "Training Table" to set training for my players, somewhere in the middle of the list, I am not able to see "Headers". Is it "shooting" or "speed" cell that I click? To solve this I have to scroll up find the column I desire and then scroll down to my player and click the correct data cell.

Solution: Either make two Header rows for every table, one at the top and the duplicate in the buttom of the table, or make every cell in a table have a "tool tip", user moves the mouse on a cell and can see that it's "Speed" not "Shoot"
Engin Demir
2023-12-31 04:37
Oshoba wrote :
Table Headers
I have problem with long tables. For instance "Training Table". When I scroll down the list of "Training Table" to set training for my players, somewhere in the middle of the list, I am not able to see "Headers". Is it "shooting" or "speed" cell that I click? To solve this I have to scroll up find the column I desire and then scroll down to my player and click the correct data cell.

Solution: Either make two Header rows for every table, one at the top and the duplicate in the buttom of the table, or make every cell in a table have a "tool tip", user moves the mouse on a cell and can see that it's "Speed" not "Shoot"

This has also been driving me crazy. I guess they are all working on high resolutions :)
Fathima
2023-12-31 06:25
Oshoba wrote :

Or keep the headers fixed so they dont scroll up with the page.
Yvon
2023-12-31 06:37
Hi. What about having the third in champions cup qualified for super cup ? ( 3 teams with 9 points here 😅 ), as IRL?
I guess it has already been discused, too complicate ?
Oshoba
2023-12-31 08:02
Table Headers 2

It would be very helpful to have a "sort" function when user "click on" any header. For instance, in order to assign "defensive set piece" role to a forwrad or midfield player in my team , I need to know his "Heading" value. If I click "Heading" then the list of players should sort top to down and I could easily see who qualify to be assigned for this role.

@Engin Demir - Exactly, with high resolution or desktop systems the problem I mentioned, doesn't exist.
@ Fathima - Agree with you. That's another elegant solution.
Oshoba
2023-12-31 08:20
Fathima wrote :
Oshoba wrote :

Or keep the headers fixed so they dont scroll up with the page.

While I agree with you, the problem with your solution would be the need for loading a java or another script library to have this (fancy/shinny) function. I believe in simulation games like this, the usual audience (ca. 35+ of age) like rather simple design with fast loading pages. So your solution would cause page load time and more programming while my solutions avoid that.
I believe the only area worth to generate more "load time" is Match Engine dept and algorithm. Users would accept that.
Tegimus
2024-01-01 11:45
I will see what can be done regarding this in the new user interface.
As Oshoba suggested, having extra javascript code only to achieve this is not desirable, but if the overhead is not very significant I can consider that too. A more simple and easier approach would be having an option to filter players by position, will see what is best suited for the scenario and decide accordingly.
Oshoba
2024-01-01 23:28
Tegimus wrote :
I will see what can be done regarding this in the new user interface.

Thanks for your follow up.
Shaun Stephens
2024-01-02 13:14 Edited by Shaun Stephens at 2024-01-02 15:48
Shaun Stephens wrote :
Fathima wrote :
He clearly said it is not going to be changed until the next ME update. Don't know how much more transparency you want lol

How much will it change, and when will that update be. That is the transparency I am looking for. That will give us a time frame, most of the answers we get are non definitive non transparent open ended answers. The two that we always seem to get are

1. In a few seasons - Not definitive or transparent, what season are you aiming for this to take place and is that a realistic time frame?
2. It will increase - Not definitive or transparent, how much will it increase, will it be significant this time or minimal like the last one? Show us the numbers??
Oshoba
2024-01-05 18:13
Tegimus wrote :
A more simple and easier approach would be having an option to filter players by position, will see what is best suited for the scenario and decide accordingly.

I was thinking about what you mentioned and then saw myself, in practice, confronted with the same problem when I seek a young talent or even a staff personal.

In these cases I do a query, and a report (list) is generated containing available candidates, sometimes on multiple pages (long list). So again I have the same problem with sorting.
After my first query, I needed to sort the list of staff based on for instance "attack" or the list of young talents sorted based on "Positioning".
So I believe a global function for every "Table Header" to sort values (on click event) would be the efficient answer for all scenarios.
However this sort function need to act for the entire generated list, so that also a multi-page report is sorted through first page to the last page and not just for a single page at a time.
I hope, I was able to formulate this issue understandable.
Tegimus
2024-01-06 07:27
Yes, sorting is one of the key issues in all of the tables in the game currently, and we are taking care of this in the new UI.
Oshoba
2024-01-07 13:14
Engin Demir wrote :
SUGGESTION:
I created an in-game-change, "Start of second half if we are leading by 3 goals) change 2 players.

However, my team scored the 3rd goal in the 64th minute, so the rule didn't work at all. If I understood the system correctly, I have to create this rule 2 more times (for 60th and 75th minute) to ensure there are substitutions after the 3rd goal.

My Suggestion is, to make it possible for some rules to run "AFTER xth minute" so it will work if that condition occurs after that moment.

If I hadn't read your suggestion here, I would continue to think that game mechanic is the way you are suggesting, because it is common practice in many simulators.
Logical chart:
Set time --» Define Condition --» Trigger Event
at 45 --» if we are leading by 3 --» Substitute X with Y
after "Time" is reached and for every minute until the end of the match
if "Condition" true
trigger the "Event"
End the Function

We have a set of 5 pre-definded "conditions" for "Tactical Change", "Substitution" and "Red cars"
but the deciding parameters for all these 15 "conditions" are 2 match events: Goal and Red Card.
So Match Engine should after each Goal or Red Card check if there are any "conditions" true, at the "given time", and then trigger the corresponding "event" for both teams.
Fathima
2024-01-07 17:16
We already have "anytime" in the condition. So it should be doable I am sure
Oshoba
2024-01-07 19:19
Fathima wrote :

There is an important difference between "any time" and "at given Time". I don't know Engin Demir but I am familiar his spesific mind set about this issue from other sims.

Often it's about substituting a very Young Golaie or Forward with the Star Goalie or Solid Outfielder.
This way you give XP to the young 16-17 y.o. and rest to the 30+ y.o. member of the team.
But you don't do this substitution at minute 11' when your team stand 2-3 goals ahead, because then you risk to lose the match in the remaining 79+ minutes. You want this to happen after half-time (or often after minute 60') .
Engin Demir
2024-01-08 08:24
Oshoba wrote :
Fathima wrote :

There is an important difference between "any time" and "at given Time". I don't know Engin Demir but I am familiar his spesific mind set about this issue from other sims.

Often it's about substituting a very Young Golaie or Forward with the Star Goalie or Solid Outfielder.
This way you give XP to the young 16-17 y.o. and rest to the 30+ y.o. member of the team.
But you don't do this substitution at minute 11' when your team stand 2-3 goals ahead, because then you risk to lose the match in the remaining 79+ minutes. You want this to happen after half-time (or often after minute 60') .

Welcome to the game :)
Makmak
2024-01-09 22:44
Please elaborate on tactics
We have no info on the differences between direct and possession, pros and cons of playing offside trap man2man vs zonal etc.
This does not need coding just some clarity on hoe tactics affect match result
Oshoba
2024-01-09 23:58
Makmak wrote :
We have no info on the differences between direct and possession, pros and cons of playing offside trap man2man vs zonal ...

Fathima has written a very good essay about this:
https://www.f4football.com/blogs/show/169
Makmak
2024-01-10 02:27
Oshoba wrote :
Makmak wrote :
We have no info on the differences between direct and possession, pros and cons of playing offside trap man2man vs zonal ...

Fathima has written a very good essay about this:
https://www.f4football.com/blogs/show/169

Nice article but it should be confirmed and put in tutorial