Season 37 Round 9 / 60
Game Time 2024 May 02, 02:58 UTC(+00:00)
Small suggestions @tegimus
Bavvi
2023-12-18 17:40
Shaun Stephens wrote :
It would be nice if we could potentially train players to play different positions. For example train a WM to play WF, or a CB to play WB. Just thinking out loud.

I think this would be a good idea. Retraining the position could take a certain amount of rounds based on how close the position is to the current position, age and flexibility.
Shaun Stephens
2023-12-18 19:00
Bavvi wrote :
Shaun Stephens wrote :
It would be nice if we could potentially train players to play different positions. For example train a WM to play WF, or a CB to play WB. Just thinking out loud.

I think this would be a good idea. Retraining the position could take a certain amount of rounds based on how close the position is to the current position, age and flexibility.

Agreed, good thought as well. Obviously you can't turn a striker into a goalie without it taking a few full seasons haha. But to me a bunch of positions are very similar and players will play multiple positions throughout a game/season.
Michael
2023-12-18 22:37
Are you guys thinking that it would be instead of skill training or in addition to it?

I think I'd prefer it to be in addition and based on playing games in the new position rather than instead of skills training.

We have close to 10 seasons before youth players are ready for the first team (without reducing team strength) so we have plenty of time for it to be a relatively slow process which I think is fair enough.
Shaun Stephens
2023-12-19 00:41
Michael wrote :
Are you guys thinking that it would be instead of skill training or in addition to it?

I think I'd prefer it to be in addition and based on playing games in the new position rather than instead of skills training.

We have close to 10 seasons before youth players are ready for the first team (without reducing team strength) so we have plenty of time for it to be a relatively slow process which I think is fair enough.

I was thinking of maybe both perhaps....you have to reach a certain threshold of "skill" in order to play a second position. So it can be done in multiple ways. I was thinking you could do this...with
1. Train then on field during games ( Exhibition or League your choice ).
2. Purely train them during your practice/training sessions instead of the other skills.
3. If you want to speed up the process you could do both..Play and Train them at the same time.

We do this in basketball league I am in and it works quite well having players being able to play multiple positions at different skill levels. For Example....

A natural WB who has all the WB skills could be a 75 overall, but you could train him to play CB but at that position he would be a 70 overall.
Michael
2023-12-19 01:20
I think the game already effectively has that approach though - you can play anyone anywhere but there is a penalty on ratings based on their flexibility rating (and the positions you are moving them to).

If you train or gain by experience the new position I only see the use of it if you no longer receive a rating penalty.
Fathima
2023-12-19 04:14
Michael wrote :
I think the game already effectively has that approach though - you can play anyone anywhere but there is a penalty on ratings based on their flexibility rating (and the positions you are moving them to).

If you train or gain by experience the new position I only see the use of it if you no longer receive a rating penalty.

I think he means to be able to avoid that penalty by training players to the desired position. The only drawback I see with it is its effects on the transfer market. If managers are able to train everyone they want, then there will be less demand for players in the market.
Shaun Stephens
2023-12-19 13:24
Michael wrote :

You are correct, I missed that sorry.
Guildmaster Chax
2023-12-22 16:31
need a way to send CF on a lurk duty outside the box during attacking corner.
the amount of times incompetent set piece CF heading a perfectly good corner is ridiculous.
Engin Demir
2023-12-22 17:04
Guildmaster Chax wrote :
the amount of times incompetent set piece CF heading a perfectly good corner is ridiculous.

Not the same but you can set him to defending for corners.
Fathima
2023-12-22 17:22
Guildmaster Chax wrote :

Put some 4 or 5 other players on "go forward" during attacking set pieces. I think they take precedence to be in the box and your CF stays out
Joshie
2023-12-22 17:45
I'm new to the game and probably maybe someone has said this before.

I'm all for hiding the match scores and league table after a match, when you didn't watch the game live. But, why is the Win-Draw-Defeat still visible. It really spoils all that
Guildmaster Chax
2023-12-22 20:08
Fathima wrote :
Guildmaster Chax wrote :

Put some 4 or 5 other players on "go forward" during attacking set pieces. I think they take precedence to be in the box and your CF stays out

i already do this since forever xD
i would trust my CBs more for corners, since they need to do default in defending anyway (hence why i trained their set piece for attacking purpose). but the ball somehow keeps finding the players i DON'T want to receive, haha.

i'd rather these noobs chase loose balls and shoot from outside instead.
Michael
2023-12-23 22:13
It would be good if we had an option to set the base tactic for all 1st team games as well as all friendlies.

As you need to load your friendly squad as the active tactic to change it, managers (I) can be prone to forget to change it back and lose important games playing their (my) trainees as a result.....
Bavvi
2023-12-23 22:39
You can set your friendly tactic under competitions —> custom matches. So you just need to have a first team tactic and a friendly tactic and you don’t need to change anything in between games
Michael
2023-12-24 01:28
Players get injured suspended so you need to change your lineups.

At the moment if you have two lineups like you suggest you have to remember to load the main squad after you amend the custom lineup. If there was an automatic setting for 1st team games like there is for custom games then it would help reduce mistakes.

Or perhaps a better approach would be being able to amend any of your different lineups without loading them as your active tactic - thinking about it that would be much better
Engin Demir
2023-12-24 04:31
@Michael, you have to become a PLUS MEMBER to do that.
Loko Rodrigues
2023-12-29 14:38
In the My Matches tab, where it shows the matches and next to it, personalized matches. Would it be possible to add a third option where it would show everything together? I don't know if this already exists somewhere, I browse on my cell phone and there may be some difference. But it would be useful and make some things easier.
Fathima
2023-12-29 18:30
Loko I guess you are talking about custom matches tab. No there is nowhere you can see them together except on the manager dashboard, but limited to only a few results and a few upcoming matches
Loko Rodrigues
2023-12-29 21:03
Yes, Fathima. I would like to be able to see them mixed together, on the same page, to make it easier to see which rounds are still to be scheduled for friendlies and which ones I should avoid so as not to coincide with other games. . It's nothing too important, but it shouldn't be too bad to do either.
Adam
2023-12-29 21:12
Loko Rodrigues wrote :
Yes, Fathima. I would like to be able to see them mixed together, on the same page, to make it easier to see which rounds are still to be scheduled for friendlies and which ones I should avoid so as not to coincide with other games. . It's nothing too important, but it shouldn't be too bad to do either.

+1 I’d like to see this, as well